News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hearthatstrue

hearthatstrue Profile Photo
Member Name: hearthatstrue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Work Out Songs
 Jan 26 2008, 12:27:09 AM
Movin' Out in its entirety does wonders for the treadmill. Takes you from walking to jogging to running then back to walking. "We Didn't Start the Fire" is particularly great if you want to kick the machine's butt, as is "Pressure."

Other Broadway songs on my playlist (some have already been mentioned):

"Opening: I Hope I Get it" from A Chorus Line
"Whipped Into Shape" from Legally Blonde
"It's Your Wedding Day" & "Saturday Night in the

re: Another high school play banned
 Nov 27 2007, 08:43:31 PM
Me2, I believe you're right, but that's not the entirety of the plot. The plot is based off of the old nursery rhyme "Ten Little Indians." I can understand how the nursery rhyme could offend, but the book/play itself shouldn't. Christie utilized the rhyme brilliantly, in my opinion, because she basically stripped it of its racist undertones and turned it solely into a device for a vengeful murder mystery in which race doesn't play a part. As far as I understand, the players can be any race. Yes,
re: Another high school play banned
 Nov 27 2007, 07:39:37 PM
The only logical reason for banning a high school production of this play is the fact that it centers around murder and revenge. I suppose that the core plot and the actual murders could a bit much for some. But, then again, it's Agatha Christie!

Methinks Mr. Hines needs to do his research before condemning a brilliant piece of literature as "racist" and "inappropriate." I do understand its history and can see how somebody could be offended by the older title (which was

re: 'Young Frankenstein' lottery
 Nov 7 2007, 03:45:40 PM
At ATC they're saying lotto cancelled for this week, which I would presume includes Saturday. Anybody have more info? No big deal if it is cancelled, I'd just like to be sure before Saturday morning. Thanks.

Oh, Anakela, I know there isn't a Saturday night lotto. They do have one for the matinee, though. Playbill put up the lotto policies (and other information) in early September.

re: 'Young Frankenstein' lottery
 Nov 7 2007, 03:35:26 PM
Well that would just...stink. I was planning on trying my luck at lotto on Saturday. Well, shows how good my luck actually is. Heh.

re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
 Aug 10 2007, 11:17:03 PM
Is there a bus you could take? A Greyhound, maybe? I'm not sure how the bus system works really, as I'm a train person, but I have a few friends from Boston who will take the bus to and from Manhattan every so often.

re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
 Aug 10 2007, 09:32:15 PM
BroadwayE2: Are you taking a LIRR train?

And the Helen Hayes is on 44th (between 8th and Broadway?), I believe. It shouldn't take more than ten to fifteen minutes to get there from Penn (and vice versa) if you take 8th.

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Jul 31 2007, 03:56:20 PM
I'm not going to write a detailed review, but I guess I'll talk about the actors as briefly as possible. :)

This cast is one of the best I have ever seen on the Nederlander stage. Every single one of these actors is oozing with energy, charisma and talent.

I was actually thoroughly impressed by Tamyra's Mimi. She was charming, spunky and sang every song beautifully -- "Without You" was stunning. I very much enjoyed her acting choices, and she had wonderful romantic chemistry w

re: Hairspray Reaction @ Your Theatre
 Jul 21 2007, 12:31:45 AM
Saw it at an Island 16 on Long Island. Packed theatre (Director's Hall), tons of laughter, cheers and applause throughout the whole thing (nothing obnoxious). A lot of chatter before and after the showing about Nikki Blonksy. Everybody was proud that she was from Long Island, only eighteen and kicked some major movie musical butt.

I did, however, have to resist the urge to smack the woman who dressed up as Tracy for her birthday and brought along about 15 people who refused to sit down

re: rOcKS @ 'Company'
 Jun 25 2007, 06:27:19 PM
Hm, I didn't hear anything like that, obsessed. Then again, I didn't even know that there were people surrounding me during that number. Barbara Walsh is that incredible.

And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was bothered by the high-pitched noise. So annoying.

Jun 25 2007, 02:51:24 PM
That's exactly what I thought, Emcee. Quite ironic and lovely.

I didn't hear the sneeze, but that sounds too perfect. I did, however, hear Raul make a "tsk" noise at the high-pitched 'background music' at one point. His face was adorable.

Jun 25 2007, 11:53:46 AM
Wonderful review, rOcKS, though I have to disagree about Stanley as well. I thoroughly enjoyed her performance as April, particularly during "Barcelona."

I was yet another BWW member who attended the show yesterday. I did student rush yesterday, and it was my first time seeing the show. I walked out of that theatre unable to form a coherent sentence for about thirty minutes or so. A purely brilliant production with equally brilliant actors. Every single one of those talented men and wom

re: John Lloyd Young Extends!
 Oct 2 2006, 09:26:06 PM
What exactly are you implying, popular_elphie? Huh.

But, yes, he is an extremely talented guy. I hope to see him originating a leading role one day.

And I agree with that thought. :)

Oct 2 2006, 09:16:35 PM
Matt Scott is incredible at anything he does. What a talent that man has.

I would love to see him as Frankie.

re: Mary Poppins preview
 Oct 2 2006, 08:28:27 PM
Ah, I hope they have a rush or lottery. I don't think I'm patient enough to wait until January 28th to see the show.
 Oct 2 2006, 08:16:42 PM
Thank god for fabulously talented understudies. Really.
 Oct 2 2006, 08:01:00 PM
I think it kind of started out as something he said to a fan at the stage door, and word spread from there? I'm not sure. That's how I heard it.

But, yes, he's apparently not doing matinees anymore. So he'll be doing six shows a week after his vacation is over.

Oct 2 2006, 06:51:32 PM
That was my reaction when I heard Christian and Bobby extended, neddy. I can't imagine the show without the two of them.
 Oct 2 2006, 06:30:35 PM
Bobby and Christian have both extended for another year, and I only know that Daniel has extended. I don't know when he's leaving.
 Oct 2 2006, 01:21:44 PM
I agree, Curtain. Very smarmy, indeed.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You