News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kyirin

Member Name: Kyirin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Prayers to Bernadette Peters...
 Sep 27 2005, 09:40:59 PM
Im saddened to just find out that Bernadette's husband was killed yesterday in a helicopter crash....a wonderfully talented and darling of the Broadway stage...send your prayers over to her...
I'm reminded of LaChanze, another stage darling of mine, whose husband was a victim in the World Trade Center on 9/11.

re: Ramirez out of Spamalot again today!
 Sep 26 2005, 02:34:10 PM
omg someone beat me to this post! haha anyways i saw the show this weekend too and an usher told me she was out friday, sat, and sun....anyways....i had heard she twisted her ankle or something. She is rivaling Donna at this point lol....
re: small update to Idina's website...
 Sep 22 2005, 02:20:57 AM
Maybe you need to get your tongue out of idina's @$$ haha
re: How was Bombay Dreams score NOT nominated?
 Sep 22 2005, 02:12:05 AM
BD had a few Q flats!
How was Bombay Dreams score NOT nominated?
 Sep 22 2005, 02:06:10 AM
Ok.....so.....I saw the show and thought it was okay, but remembered how much i loved the music. I was just listening to the cd today...and couldnt help but think, HOW WAS THIS MUSIC NOT NOMINATED??? It is absolutely gorgeous. Im sorry, ill agree that shakalaka baby can be annoying etc, but if you listen to the rhythms and the infusion of indian instruments such as the sitar to create a pop sounding score its amazing....the wedding song is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT alont with many others....this
re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
 Sep 22 2005, 01:29:44 AM
WOOO HOOO !!!! Thank god, now we have a theatre open for another vampire flop!
re: Wicked Mooning!
 Sep 22 2005, 01:23:38 AM
Yes, but these are PROFESSIONAL actors....Its a freaking profession....I know plenty of people who have gotten in A LOT of trouble with stage managers and producers for doing crap like this...even much less significant things, even as simple as telling jokes imperceptibly on stage....i agree with DGRANT...it isnt high school theatre.....i wouldnt be surprised if those actors were written up.
re: Cherry Jones Blanks Out!
 Sep 17 2005, 08:44:41 PM
From talking to my actor friend who was playing a leading role in a long run show on bway...sometimes, its that those things just happen out of the blue and just throw you off...and many times for several performances there after, its hard to get back on track to what you were used to do doing, from the sheer shock of the incident. She had to revisit the script many times to fix those errors, and almost rememorize and reprogram the lines and intention etc to get her through....crazy huh? but l
re: Idina as Evita?
 Sep 17 2005, 08:33:55 PM
ooo, wow, i think this might be the worst idea i've heard of in recent memory...picturing her shreeeeeek through "Don't Cry for me" and "Rainbow High" cringe
re: LENNON Plea
 Sep 16 2005, 01:49:30 AM
Wow i just came back from this show...well not just considering its now 2 am...but I did see it this evening...anyhow, i can totally see why it misfired. For someone who knows nothing about lennon's life other than a couple of his songs, that he was married to a yoko ono, and was a peace activist, the first 15-20 minutes were like one thing after another thrown at you that it almost made your head spin. It was also REALLY REALLY REALLY tough to understand what the heck the actors were saying m
re: Wicked Kareoke
 Sep 15 2005, 03:56:49 PM
its spelled KarAoke
Pillowman STUDENT RUSH
 Sep 15 2005, 03:50:02 PM
Is it true Pillowman has Student Rush 3 hrs before the peformance?

Thanks

re: Voice teachers in Philadelphia?
 Sep 15 2005, 02:54:00 PM
My friend who was in the Vegas production of We Will Rock You and played a lead has a fantastic voice and raves about her teacher/coach from The University of the Arts....Dr. Neil Tracey...he's had several students on Bway and think still does.
re: Hairspray- Welcome to the 60s%
 Sep 15 2005, 02:51:11 PM
Ricki Lake as Edna Turnblad....
re: 'I heard it stinks.'
 Sep 15 2005, 02:46:39 PM
Its a natural law.....don't we try out a new hairdresser based on your friends friends friend who had a rave about the dude or dudette who cut her hair? word of mouth is more powerful than critics, etc, because its a MASS opinion. as it cultivates, more and more people buy into the notion....Helloooo...mamma mia much? Joe Wanker came by way of the Big Apple all the way from Boise, Idaho....and saw that Abba concert...went back to Boise and told Ms. Wanker, Deena Wankerette, and Michael McWank
re: In My Life is a Joke, right?
 Sep 15 2005, 02:40:47 PM
I POSTED ABOUT THIS like a week ago, and everyone got all pissed at me cuz I used the word "retarded"....glad other people see this potential misfire....oyyyyyyyyy, who knows maybe theyll surprise us?
re: London RUSH & Standing Room Tix?!
 Sep 14 2005, 07:34:03 PM
thanks gypsy
London RUSH & Standing Room Tix?!
 Sep 14 2005, 05:42:46 PM
Hey there, just wondering if anyone here has any idea whether West End shows offer rush or standing room tickets to any of their productions as Broadway shows do? Im planning a trip to London soon and wondering whether I might be able to swing any of these....I'm already aware of Leicester Square, their version of TKTS, but I'd much rather do rush/SRO. Thanks a mill! Ciao
re: Riedel on All Shook Up
 Sep 14 2005, 02:36:18 PM
36% attendance.........cringe
NONTRADITIONAL CASTING...
 Sep 10 2005, 07:43:56 PM
I AM A HUUUUGE FAN...and im a caucasian!!!!!! Id love to see Tonya Pinkins play anything nontraditional, and loved Audra McDonald in her nontraditional role in carousel.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You