News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ToatsRent

ToatsRent Profile Photo
Member Name: ToatsRent
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,  May 18 2006, 11:52:21 PM
Caroline Or, Change
La Boheme
Cabaret
Ragtime
Grey Gardens
RENT

re: 2006 Tony Award Nominations  May 16 2006, 10:19:24 AM
CONGRATS to all the TONY Nominees!

Im very pleased with the nominations this year. I think we all knew that Drowsy would do well. I was a lil worried about The Color Purple but it made a strong showing. Especially for Brandon Victor Dixon!! Im also SO happy for LaChanze (hoping for her to win), Felicia Fields and Elisabeth Withers-Mendes!! They all deserve it.

Everyone seems to be on a Drowsy and Jersey Boys kick for best musical (I am a huge Drowsy fan)! Im just gonna throw th

Drowsy Chaperone Question (Ending**SPOILERS**)  Apr 12 2006, 08:52:02 PM
Im having a small debate with a friend about the phrase at the end of the show that the Man In Chair makes a big deal about. You know when Adolfo drops his cane. WHAT exactly is that quote?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

re: Greatest Female Character  Feb 8 2006, 12:22:30 PM
I can’t believe this wasn't mentioned yet but clearly Caroline Thibodeaux from Caroline, Or Change. The best female character ever written with the best tour de force eleven o'clock number ever written, Lot's Wife! Of course brilliantly brought to life and fully realized by Tonya Pinkins.

-j-

re: Avenue Q character name question  Jan 10 2006, 02:24:08 PM
Why not explain the joke so the original poster understands. Yes it is a sexual innuendo. It has nothing to do with age, or Mr. T. The end of her name is the word 'twat' which is another word people use to talk about the Vagina. Think along the lines of the word pu$$y.
I hope that helped. Sorry if the explination was to graphic.

RENT movie...new ending?/What if...  Oct 14 2005, 02:13:27 AM
Hey all, I just watched the latest RENT movie blog. In it Rosario mentions she brought some new things to the character of Mimi and then she says "to see someone so young go..." (still refurring to Mimi). It got me thinking what if the ending of the movie is different then the play... What if Mimi dies!? That would be a surprise. Although, we all know she does die in La Boheme, so it wouldn’t be a totally crazy idea. Anyway Just a random thought... discuss....

-j-

re: Heather Headley is back!  Oct 5 2005, 01:45:11 AM
Well she still sounds great! I can not wait for her new CD.

From what I remember reading a while back was that her record company really didn’t care about her during her first album. But after 2 Grammy nominations, and her other awards they decided to put her on the front burner to make sure her sophomore disc (which can usually kill an artist or band) a success. So they r bringing out all the big guns (producers, song writers, and R&B names).

If this new single is any hint as

Happy RENThead...Should the new movie recording sound the same?  Oct 1 2005, 07:05:20 PM
I hate to start a new thread. BUT I feel like one of the few RENTheads out there that really LOVES the new movie recording! I for one would not want the movie or the soundtrack to be a carbon copy of the stage version of the show. Everyone is complaining that Adam has lost it and Idina doesnt belt enough. BELTING isnt what makes a show or a score people. I think the new recording sounds wonderful. All of the new tempos, lyrics, harmonies, and orchestrations. I also think most of the original
re: Will 'Rent' Be A Flop?  Sep 29 2005, 12:18:38 PM
I think the film looks amazing. And I honestly think it will be a hit and a critical hit. Im hoping for an Oscar nomination for best film! (and win, clearly) Lets not forget how STRONG this material is, and to have 6 of the 8 originals reprising there performances just adds to what an incredible journey this film is and the legacy of Jonathon Larson. Lets also not forget that RENT won the Tony, Drama Critics Circle, Drama Desk, Outer Critics, Drama League, and oh yeah the freakin' Pulitzer Pri
re: jekyll and hyde concert?  Sep 25 2005, 03:10:26 PM
When I saw the Concert version of J&H here in Marlton, NJ there were only 3 people in the show. Lucy, Emma, and Dr. J. There was very little dialogue and no set (but there were props and costumes and minimal staging/movement). The band is on stage and u can see and hear the addition of instruments. All of the ensemble numbers are gone and you’re left with all of the giant solo numbers. The work Frank has done to the score is great. The music has never sounded better (a little more rockish then t
re: Clips of entire RENT soundtrack  Sep 17 2005, 12:23:52 PM
I love all the little changes and how u can hear all of there wonderful harmonies! I was also a lil bummbed about the rating for the movie, but I once again am toats excited for this movie!

-j-

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You