News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ensemble1728288306

Member Name: Ensemble1728288306
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gays on Broadway - Book by Ethan Mordden
 Oct 7 2024, 10:34:12 AM

MrsSallyAdams said: "I just finishedGays on Broadway,Ethan Mordden's latest book. Each chapter is devoted to the LGBQ themed plays of a particular decade. He maintains the gossipy, opinionated pleasures of his musical theater history books. I missed some of the great hits. I'd have loved to have heard his thoughts onTake Me OutorA Strange Loop.But I also enjoyed learning about the plays of Mae West and forgotten artists like Julian Eltinge and Eva Le Gallienne. I love how it dives into different decades of LGBTQ plays, and I'd also be interested in learning more about Mae West's plays. Speaking of reading, I recently had to write an essay for this book in college and found some interesting tools. I was looking for a good resource and at EduBirdie they answered quite quickly and helped me a lot. This made the process much easier. But back to the book: Take Me Out and A Strange Loop are such big deals, it's a wonder they haven't been mentioned. I'd love to hear Morden's thoughts on them too!

Has anyone else here read this?

New Book GAYS ON BROADWAY By Ethan Mordden Out Now (broadwayworld.com)
"

Just started it! Love how it highlights forgotten LGBTQ+ artists like Eltinge. Really insightful so far!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You