News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ensemble1729501195

Member Name: Ensemble1729501195
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What keyboards and software do Broadway composers and music directors use?
 Oct 21 2024, 10:04:13 AM

darquegk said: "I've always wondered about this, but with Finale and Sibelius being the main composition and templating software, which one do Broadway professionals use? I would assume few of them write their music on paper by hand anymore. Then I suppose the orchestrators do their thing, with whichever software THEY use, and then the licensing houses re-set the score in THEIR house standard program. Does anyone know which is which?

Also, is there a certain type of keyboard that Broadway composers or pit musicians tend to use more than others? I have been looking closely at the Fantom G8 lately, and I'm wondering if that gets any major use in the theatrical world.

From what I've seen, Broadway composers and musical directors often use Finale and Sibelius for composition, as you mentioned. Both seem to be widely popular, depending on personal preference. By the way, if you are interested in software development https://ddi-dev.com/blog/case/how-weve-created-an-hris-human-resource-information-system/ here is an interesting practical example of creating an HRIS system. Orchestrators may use other software, such as Logic or Pro Tools, for more complex arrangements. When it comes to keyboards, the Fantom G8 is definitely the leader, but other models such as the Yamaha Motif and Korg Kronos are also widely used.

Broadway composers often use Finale, Sibelius, and Logic Pro. Keyboards like Yamaha and Roland Fantom are popular in pit orchestras. Thanks for saying!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You