News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedScoundrel

WickedScoundrel Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedScoundrel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Finale back in BILLY ELLIOT tonight
 Oct 16 2008, 07:19:53 PM
Since I can't PM you Barb, when are we going to start up the Greg appreciation threads like in the DRS days? :)
re: Billy Elliot Casting Complete!
 Jul 15 2008, 04:30:12 PM
I couldn't be more excited the Greg Jbara is gonna be back in NY! I never got to see DRS (except on tour -- woo Joe Cassidy!), but maybe there's a chance I can see him in this :)

I wonder if he'll do his dressing room webcam again...

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Tour
 Nov 14 2006, 02:44:07 AM
Ugh! I've been waiting for it to come to Milwaukee and now it's post-poned? Rats. Though if they plan to bring back the old opening song I'd be happy. Still...

[edit] lfae it's still going to Appleton? Hmm maybe have to drive up then I guess.

re: NEW QUIZ UP: Mary Poppins!
 Nov 9 2006, 12:43:59 PM
90% woo!
re: Scary Poppins
 Oct 18 2006, 02:31:08 PM
I haven't seen the show, but it terms of music "Temper, Temper" is one of my favorite songs from the London recording! It's dark, as mentioned earlier, but it has a message to tell kids to stop being little brats :P (Like I'm one to talk, I was a brat often enough when I was younger). I don't know why, maybe it's the dark sound and sychopation but it reminds me of "Murder, Murder" from "Jekyll & Hyde".

Meh people should know by now that Disney butters up stories to make the films more h

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Sep 28 2006, 10:41:16 PM
Overheard by our costume designer at college during intermission for Jekyll & Hyde:

Elderly Woman: Ohhh I didn't know Jekyll and Hyde were the same person!

*slaps forehead*

Granted not everyone's read the book (I know I haven't), but I assumed it was sort of common knowledge they were the same person.

re: Family Guy Tonight
 Sep 27 2006, 03:24:16 AM
Didn't Peter sing a version of "Everything's Coming up Roses" during an earler episode? When Chris is an artist?

Yep, in "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Bucks" He sang a parody of it to Meg.

Gotta appreciate the episodes Dan Povenmire directs (this past weeks, "Patriot Games" with the Shipoopi number, and "Road to Rhode Island" and "Road to Europe" which had those Crosby/Hope parodys in them).

As for whomever said something about Seth MacFarlane creating a musica

Musical songs outside the stage
 Sep 24 2006, 06:26:10 PM
I was very amused at the Brewers v. Giants game today. As one of the Brewers players was coming up to bat I heard a familiar tune. I turned to my friend (who actually doesn't know squat about musicals) and asked, "...is that the overture to Les Mis?" It was! I actually had to laugh just because it seemed a little dramatic for a baseball game, but we ended up scoring 2 runs so whatever works I suppose.

Anything like that happen to you folks (e.g. hearing songs at public events)?

re: 'You're the one that I want' auditions
 Sep 16 2006, 05:06:14 AM
Somehow the idea of camping on the streets of Chicago...just doesn't sound like a grand idea. Especially since I'll be going alone. I'll probably leave fairly early though. It's a 2 hour drive so gotta leave before morning work traffic -- so like 3 am?
re: DRS Tour Stagedooring
 Sep 16 2006, 05:03:35 AM
It's a bit far down the line, but for the Milwaukee stop has anyone stagedoored at the Marcus Center? I've only done it at the Milwaukee Theater. I want to say the door is on the right side of the building since I've seen symphony musicians go in there, but not sure...
Joel Grey to appear on "House"
 Jul 26 2006, 03:37:31 AM
House exec producer Katie Jacobs revealed that Joel Grey will guest star in next season's third episode as a "scientist who wants the right to die. He hopes that House will grant him his wish." The episode is being directed by ER vet Laura Innes.

Episode 3 is titled "Informed Consent" according to tv.com.

re: Richard Kind to replace Jbara in DRS
 Jun 26 2006, 06:55:51 PM
Can't see him as Andre, but he's a very funny guy so he may turn out to be pretty damn god.
re: OFFICIAL TONYS 2006 WINNER/BROADCAST DISCUSSION THREAD
 Jun 11 2006, 11:00:03 PM
Yay Jersey Boys!

(beh if the show had been about 5 mins shorter it would have fit on my VHS :P)

Jun 11 2006, 10:56:40 PM
son of a gun, my tape ran out of space. I was taping the Tonys for a friend...crap
 Jun 11 2006, 10:06:29 PM
harry looks too intense for a scene like this. What the heck is up with him tonight?
 Jun 11 2006, 09:54:23 PM
Well, it happens to the best of the best. I suppose when you do something like over and over you can sort of...get lax? (zone out? I know what I wanna say just can express it).
 Jun 11 2006, 09:27:07 PM
I was gonna say something about Sara, but it's been said...
re: RENT Tour 4/14/06 Review
 Apr 15 2006, 07:13:07 PM
"Did you get to meet Joanne? I wanted to but I went to a matinee and she didn't come out. I was upset because she was the main reason why I went to the stage door, and the fact it was my first stage door experience."

I saw her at the door in Milwaukee. She chatted a bit and I got my picture taken with her. She's very sweet.

As for Mimi -- I will give her credit for her acting ability. When she sang softly it was fine, but otherwise...I dunno. I don't want to sound mean, but it

Michael McKean on NPR
 Feb 21 2006, 01:26:22 PM
I heard an interesting segment on NPR just a short while ago with Michael McKean (currently Hines in The Pajama Game). They played a short clip of him sing in the show (as well as Harry Connick Jr. at the end) and interviewed him about his carrer. They also played some songs from the Mock-umentaries he did with Christopher Guest. The audio will be up later today. I suggest giving it a listen if you have the time. He's rather charming.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5226512

re: Anthony Rapp's 'Without You' in stores!
 Feb 7 2006, 09:46:24 PM
So pissed when I went to Border's and there wasn't any copies there (even thought the computer said there was one left). *shakes fist* Now I have to wait.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You