News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TISHI LOLO 15

TISHI LOLO 15 Profile Photo
Member Name: TISHI LOLO 15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sweeney Todd at NJPAC?
 Jul 25 2009, 12:18:47 AM
This was recently written by Peter Filichia of the Star Ledger:

...Though this weekend, you could also easily travel 12 miles west across the river and get to Newark. Why, you ask? The New Jersey Youth Theatre is doing Sweeney Todd.

What, you’re saying – children doing Sweeney Todd? No, not quite; teens and twentysomethings under the direction of Cynthia Meryl, an original cast member of “Nine.” It’s handsomely produced by her husband Ted Agress, who appeared in the original Shenandoah and Dear World.

What a school they run! What productions! I’m certain that someday you’ll hear about Kevin Melendez (a very centered Sweeney) and Jaclyn Ingoglia (a saucy Mrs. Lovett). They and the astonishingly accomplished cast do every word Hugh Wheeler wrote and every song Sondheim penned. This was hardly Sweeney Todd, Jr. Even the Judge’s “Johanna” is included – and good thing it is. Take it from someone who’s seen Sweeney 12 times dating from the first New York preview, I’ve never heard anyone sing this difficult piece of material better than Adam Bashian does here.

The show continues this weekend in Newark, before then moving to far-off Manasquan. Even that shlep would be worth it, but why not take a New Jersey Transit train to from Penn Station New York to Penn Station Newark? You’ll find yourself there in less than 20 minutes. The intimate Victoria Theatre is a handsome part of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, and is only a 10-minute walk at best from the train station. (www.njyouththeatre.org)

My aforementioned girlfriend Linda, a demanding theatergoer who’s notorious for walking out of about half the shows we see – and who has very little patience for kid performers – reluctantly attended (even though for years I’d raved about the troupe’s Ragtime, Carousel, and 1776). But on the ride home, she said not once, but twice, “I’ll go see anything they do from now on.” Even though she wasn’t in New York, she didn’t feel as if she were missing anything...

link: http://www.theatermania.com/peterfilichia/index.cfm?date=20090724

Better get your TIX for the NJPAC soon! We have three performances left!
(Of course there is always our tour down to Manasquan July 31st - August 9th)

njpac.org or algnquinarts.com

company vs sweeney todd
 Jan 12 2007, 09:34:52 PM
Which of doyle's productions did you like better and why?
I'm debating whether or not to see company....

help! les mis seats!
 Jan 7 2007, 10:06:06 PM
How's the view for left orch row F seats 5-11? It's 7 rows from the stage and 3 seats off the aisle...will I be missing any of the set or anything?
putnam county spelling bee rush
 Nov 10 2006, 01:12:43 AM
I know that they have a lottery 2 hrs before the show, but I read somewhere that you could do student rush as well when the box office opens or something? Is this true?

Are there any other shows that do rush? I'm not too lucky with the lotteries....

re: matt morrison on oprah
 Oct 16 2006, 05:24:40 PM
yeh i know, i looked.....its this pretty new independent film

http://glamalert.com/reelmoments/main.html

they don't show matt there- but if you attend a screening then you'll def check him out

matt morrison on oprah
 Oct 16 2006, 05:15:13 PM
Did any of you see the clip of that movie "Blinders" that he was in? It showed a clip of him with Jamie Lynn Sigler..
GAMETIME!!
 Sep 22 2006, 10:12:20 PM
ah nvm...works better on myspace
re: what is your dream part?
 Sep 3 2006, 03:39:52 PM
Sweeney Todd- BEGGAR WOMAN!!

I just want to be a part of this show- and hey- I got the crazy hair for it too!

re: FAREWELL SWEENEY TODD!
 Sep 3 2006, 03:38:37 PM
Well I saw the show for the first time in early July and it was probably the first show that I walked out of TRULY blown away. When I got out of my chair I just lost my balance and my hands were like shaking b/c idk....this is probably the most amazing thing I have seen on a stage. For those of you who are really into those huge spectacle shows and were turned off by the lack of set in this one then all I have to say is that this show has a cast with so much talent lighting that stage that has s
re: Hottest person on broadway?
 Aug 5 2006, 09:48:40 PM
matthew morrison. the end.
re: LAUREN MOLINA and MANOEL FELCIANO DATING
 Aug 2 2006, 04:31:33 PM
Alright...this is a TAD too obsessed right there. Why can't we just love their excellent work and leave there private lives alone?
re: Can Michael Cerveris Grow Hair?
 Jul 8 2006, 09:56:17 PM
ladies man, eh? how do you know?
re: Can Michael Cerveris Grow Hair?
 Jul 8 2006, 05:35:26 PM
He def. can't be 5'8"/5'"9....I remember seeing him at the stage door and he wasn't really that tall and I'm 5'8" (the last time I checked?). If you're basing your estimates on a Sweeney pic, then idk how that's gona work b/c his shoes look like they have a 2" platform to it...
manoooooo
 Jul 7 2006, 11:50:51 AM
MANO FELCIANO!!
I love love LOVE his songs on his myspace music site....def. check it out if you haven't done so already

re: backstage sweeney
 Jun 27 2006, 12:17:37 AM
well i might be next sunday and i was just wondering

hey- atleast its not a wicked question : )

backstage sweeney
 Jun 26 2006, 11:46:48 PM
Has anyone been backstage? How was it?
broadway under the stars telecast?
 Jun 26 2006, 11:42:26 PM
when's it gona be on? any info? anyone know?
re: Broadway Celeb Game Show??
 Oct 16 2005, 03:01:38 PM
Well if anyone decides to go, let me know how it went! PM me or something, I'd LOVE to hear about it!! : )
Broadway Celeb Game Show??
 Oct 14 2005, 08:43:38 PM
I got this e-mail from BroadwayBox.com
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT?!

PLAY ON BROADWAY
THE FIRST-EVER
BROADWAY GAME SHOW!

A one-of-a-kind, fully interactive event where
Broadway celebrities will play alongside audience
members to win fabulous prizes.

Celebrity Contestants Include:
Michael Arden, Kate Baldwin, CHRIS BARRON, Anastasia Barzee, LAURA BENANTI, TITUSS BURGESS, Michael Cerveris, Lori Chase, WILL CHASE, Didi Conn, JOHN DOSSETT,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You