News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MeleeQ

MeleeQ Profile Photo
Member Name: MeleeQ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Not That Kind of Thing', the WS  Jun 13 2006, 11:50:54 AM
What they said.

This is one of my favorite songs too. There's a whole bunch of introduction dialogue with them arguing over some china patterns (which promts the shopkeeper's dialogue at the beginning of the recording) that I wish was on the CD, because it's hilarious.

re: Reidel's Putrid Swamp!  May 27 2006, 12:01:40 PM
The only people who seem to like it are the little kids paying $26 for a rush ticket every other night.

I'm well into my twenties. I don't really think you can call that a little kid. I love Wedding Singer. Is it the most brilliant piece of writing ever on broadway? No, most definitely not. But it's a fun time. Everyone has the right to their own opinion of a show though, you're allowed to hate it (no show is for everyone), but I think it's unfair and rude to make comments about

re: Wedding Singer Prediction  May 25 2006, 01:57:04 AM
Personally, I think Laura is a great fit for the part. In personality as well as talent. A few reviews I've read have been comparing her unfavorably to Drew Barrymore... which I think is silly, since Drew Barrymore is, in my opinion, less than brilliant in the talent department (She's cute and sweet, and occasionally she does something good... but she can play one character very well... over and over again. Did you see her in Ever After? Her accent made my ears bleed).

re: Tarzan and Wedding Singer Student Rush! HELP!  May 23 2006, 03:40:31 PM
Do Wedding Singer. Not only is it a better show (only my opinion, but really, it is), but the rush is much less of a hassle. You can go any time during the day to get rush for Wedding Singer at the box office (you should be there when the box office opens at 10:00 if you want to be sure you get the best seats, especially on a Saturday, but even if you don't they sell whatever they have left as rush once the front row is all sold. So you should be ok whatever you do). To rush Tarzan you have to s
re: The Wedding Singer must go  May 23 2006, 03:27:08 PM
I'm not going to argue with your opinions of the show (I personally absolutely love both the show and Laura Benanti in it. And I think she and Lynch have wonderful chemistry... maybe you have to be close enough to see their facial expressions. I've never sat anywhere but front row rush seats. But that is my opinion. You are perfectly entitled to yours), I just had to point out an error in your first post. You mentioned Laura being too old for the part... Laura is, in fact, 26. As far as I know,
re: tarzan student rush  May 11 2006, 11:37:45 PM
Unless you're rushing with someone. If you're getting two tickets and both of you are there, one of you can run to the bathroom or to grab food or something. As long as one of you stays there, because it doesn't change the number of tickets that could be bought (because one person can buy two tickets anyways).
re: Wedding Singer Rush- Arrival Time?  May 11 2006, 10:36:24 PM
Related question, to avoid starting a new thread.

Can you get rush tickets for the EVENING show in the morning? Or do you have to wait until after the matinee? My dad is coming for a visit this weekend and I want to take him to the matinee of Drowsy and Wedding Singer in the evening.

re: HAIRSPRAY VEGAS, NOT GOING SO WELL?  May 11 2006, 10:30:10 PM
It's chopped up and de-budgeted. It's understandable. The idea of a shortened version always made me really skeptical for some reason. Maybe that's just me?
re: tarzan student rush  May 11 2006, 10:28:31 PM
If you're not there by 3:00 (3:30 at the ABSOLUTE LATEST) you're pretty much out of luck.
re: Break a leg, Tarzan!  May 10 2006, 12:30:24 PM
Does anyone know if they're doing student rush for opening night? I know a few shows (Wedding Singer for example) that have.
re: Diana Degarmo Leaving Hairspray  May 8 2006, 03:19:27 PM
I'm going to get murdered by a screaming mob of her stagedoor fangirls for this... but I think she overacts. I'm not saying she's bad in the role (her singing is fantastic), but she's not my favorite. With Penny's character voice/mannerisms/etc (more the voice than anything else), there's a very fine line between funny and just really over-done, and I think she has a tendancy to cross it. It started to grate on me in a couple scenes when I saw her this past weekend.

But she does have a

re: Union Chorus Calls  May 8 2006, 01:08:23 AM
I think I'm definitely going to go. It's not in conflict with anything I'm supposed to be doing, and it's for a show I've been repeatedly told I'd be great for.

And hey, if I don't get a call back, oh well. It's not like I'll be expecting one. At least I went, and they'll have my resume. It's not like I'm loosing anything by going. It's a split day (boys and girls), so I'm guessing it's not going to be MASSIVE.

Union Chorus Calls  May 7 2006, 07:25:47 PM
Is it worth going if you're not equity? I know they will sometimes see non-equity if there's time, but is it worth it (as in: are you genuinely considered, or do they pick from equity first)?
re: Hairspray auditions Sunday...  May 7 2006, 10:05:13 AM
I'm going today... hopefully my voice will hold out. My throat's been a little sore the past few days, so I've been sucking on non-menthol cough drops and drinking honey/lemon tea pretty much constantly.
re: Sutton Who?  Apr 30 2006, 05:24:52 PM
Little known fact: Sutton Foster is NOT, in fact, marrying Christian Borle.

She's marrying ME.

re: Any update on Tarzan recently?  Apr 29 2006, 12:37:46 PM
If this were a general Tarzan post, or one asking for opinions, I would say knock yourselves out. But this was a post with a specific question, which specifically asked that people NOT post their negative opinions.

I'm not making my own rules. I'm talking about common courtesy. Look it up.

re: Any update on Tarzan recently?  Apr 29 2006, 12:04:43 PM
It's a public message board. If we started a "I Hate Tarzan" thread, you'd pop your heads in and state your opinions even if we asked you not to. Don't go to a message board if you can't handle the negative about your favorite shows. Save the shilling for drama club.

Actually, I wouldn't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have friends who hate shows I love (and love shows I hate) and insult them on a regular basis, who cares? It's not that I "can't handle the negative"

re: Any update on Tarzan recently?  Apr 29 2006, 03:39:13 AM
Yes, there have been a LOT of changes, but I love it! The dialogue has changed like crazy in several scenes.

I do have to agree with Liotte though. I have no problem with people having opinions of the show, I'm not expecting everyone to like it. But there's a line that should be drawn between stating your opinion and trying to smother everyone else with it.

re: Easter Bonnet running time?  Apr 24 2006, 10:40:19 AM
*BUMP* I really need to know
Easter Bonnet running time?  Apr 24 2006, 02:45:36 AM
What is the general running time for Easter Bonnet (in terms of hours)? I'm trying to see if I can squeak it into my schedule this week.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You