News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WholeLottaShakin

WholeLottaShakin Profile Photo
Member Name: WholeLottaShakin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BRIDGES in its final week
 May 21 2014, 01:54:40 AM
ICYMI, one perspective from The Hollywood Reporter, including quotes from Kelli the day after closing...

In other news, can anyone report back about Stars In The Alley today?

May 19 2014, 03:09:14 AM
Thank you so much for the detailed reports and for the video. The next best thing to being there. Thank you.
 May 18 2014, 04:52:54 PM
So heartsick about today that I logged on here for the first time in seven or eight years. Wish I could be there in the theatre right now, but at the same time, all that emotion... might be too much. What a magical and beautiful show. If you went, please report back!
re: Norm Lewis
 Dec 4 2008, 03:47:26 PM
Does anyone else have a review/report on the Joe's Pub gig on Monday? I really wish I had been there... I bet it was a-MAH-zing as well.
re: Norm Lewis
 Nov 21 2008, 02:43:55 AM
Finally his solo album...
Alice Ripley, Gregory Jbara in LITTLE FISH
 Oct 14 2007, 11:06:04 PM
Saw the matinee at The Blank here in Los Angeles. Fantastic performances. Alice was touching and funny. It was so nice to see Gregory Jbara again, and as Mr. Bunder, he was hilarious. Chad Kimball was perfect as Marco. And since I had seen Dina M only as Kim in Miss Saigon at Paper Mill, it was really great to see her to see strut her stuff as Kathy. (Wow, apparently I can't type her whole last name since it includes a bad word.) Brooke Tansley was spot on as Anne Frank, but I wish the ro
re: Awesome theater group- Stage 13
 Apr 3 2007, 11:25:51 PM
If only I were still in NYC...

Btw, TastiSkank has got to be one of the most awesome names ever.

re: Hairspray in Ugly Betty storyline.
 Feb 19 2007, 04:24:05 AM
I also loved the Miss Saigon reference when Justin realized the train was stopping and the lights went out, "Why, God, why???"
re: for David Burnham fans
 Jan 12 2007, 11:09:01 PM
liotte - I've been going through Bway withdrawal over here
for David Burnham fans
 Jan 12 2007, 10:36:48 PM
I don't think anyone's posted about this, but David's debut CD is finally out. His "As Long As You're Mine" with Eden Espinoza is really beautiful.
re: CURTAINS.... ANY VIEWS
 Nov 8 2006, 11:31:09 PM
I didn't post in any earlier review threads, so here's my mini-review. I loved pretty much everything, though it was a bit long. Amazing performances, terrific tunes, great choreography, (though I did recognize a couple moves from THE WEDDING SINGER :) ) and the story was just so fun. I especially loved "A Tough To Act To Follow" - I was smiling through the entire number because David Hyde Pierce was just adorable, as was Jill Paice. I also thought Debra Monk was a powerhouse, Edward Hibbert
re: The Light In The Piazza opening night in L.A.
 Nov 2 2006, 02:18:30 PM
kyle - I didn't see any merchandise that night, and I looked.

tourboi - I can't speak about the mezz, but the orchestra was mostly full except for the last three rows, and there were pockets of two or three empty seats here and there.

Does anyone know how long Kim Grigsby is with the tour? I was very happy to see her conducting that night. Can't wait to go back.

re: David Burnham! and Myspace Musicals?
 Aug 16 2006, 03:12:25 PM
Ooh, thanks for sharing. Can't wait for that CD!
re: Sweeney Todd - Final Show - Who is going??
 Aug 6 2006, 11:05:58 PM
Re: pics - I think it will depend on the usher nearest you. E.g. at the last PIAZZA, people were snapping away, flashes going off all over the theatre. The usher behind us, though, told the guy next to me to put his camera away.
re: Broadway Stands Up for Freedom! (Mini Review)
 Jul 25 2006, 10:01:12 AM
Just filling in some blanks...

Vespertine - Sara Kramer sang "I Feel The Earth Move"

Also, the duet Celia sang was with Amanda Green, which I believe Amanda introduced as a song from her upcoming musical HIGH FIDELITY. The lyrics were something along the lines of "I'm ready to settle for you..."

Seth Rudetsky was hilarious!

Edit: And the number Barrett did from L5Y was "Moving Too Fast."

re: Spelling Bee lottery
 Jul 20 2006, 10:04:48 AM
I just tried lotto last night, Wednesday. Though the crowd wasn't very big - probably 40 or 50 - I still didn't win. Before I dropped my name in the bin, they were not selling SRO. After the names were called, they announced that they were selling SRO, so I just did that. And in the end, neither the whole theatre nor SRO were sold out. I guess it just really depends on the day. Good luck.
re: Benjamin Eakeley Love Thread!
 Jul 13 2006, 10:09:28 AM
Back to the love... I liked his take on the Beadle a lot.
re: Gemignani's Replacement?
 Jul 13 2006, 12:11:49 AM
I don't think GYPSY1527 mentioned this in the other thread about Tuesday's talkback, but I believe Elisa mentioned they are fixed on replacing Alex with another actor who also plays trumpet and keyboard so the instrumentation won't change. It'll be interesting to see who they cast.
re: Gemignani's Replacement?
 Jul 13 2006, 12:01:52 AM
His last show is Sept. 10. He begins LES MIZ rehearsals the 12th.
re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
 Jul 6 2006, 05:22:54 PM
I think the tour audiences are so lucky to have David as their Fabrizio. I wish I had seen him more than twice.

And yes, Love4Cheno, the "blinding backdrop of light!" I loved Clara's Interlude, partly because I knew my favorite number in the whole show was right after it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You