News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KChenowethfan

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
Member Name: KChenowethfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kennedy Center 2018-2019???  Mar 27 2018, 02:58:00 PM

Kennedy Center will announce its theatre season on April 10. 

West Side Story at Signature Theatre  Dec 18 2015, 03:35:13 PM

For those asking where the reviews are, the official opening for donors/VIPs was earlier this week, but the press was invited to the performance last night and the one tonight.   I've heard it's great, but I am not going to see it until next week.  

BRIGHT STAR (Pre-Broadway) at the Kennedy Center  Dec 18 2015, 03:30:27 PM

The BroadwayWorld.Com review is also up:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Review-Martin-and-Brickells-Sweet-and-Pretty-Broadway-Bound-Musical-BRIGHT-STAR-Plays-Kennedy-Center-20151218

Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress  Nov 6 2015, 02:25:50 PM

The album release concert last night at City Center was incredible. I saw the show at ART and the music is by far superior to the book.  I happen to be a Sara Bareilles fan to begin with, but she even surprised me with how well she did writing for the theatre. 

Dear Evan Hansen  Jul 31 2015, 11:20:42 AM

Here's what I think is the first official review:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/washington-dc/article/BWW-Reviews-Electric-World-Premiere-of-DEAR-EVAN-HANSEN-Shows-Promise-at-Arena-Stage-20150731.

GIGI @ Kennedy Center  Feb 4 2015, 02:12:32 PM
Kad: How about not making blanket statements about the quality of the writing of BWW reviewers? I take it you've read every review ever posted on the DC or any other page to make that judgement? Impressive.

(And no, I didn't write the "Gigi" review.)

2 Tickets for Sale - "Little Children Dream of God" (Sat, Feb 14 @ 7 PM) - Roundabout Underground  Dec 31 2014, 09:59:00 AM
I have two tickets to the Sat, Feb 14 7 PM performance of "Little Children Dream of God" at Roundabout's Underground that I cannot use. Tickets were $20 each, but I am willing to sell them for $10 each. If interested, PM me.
Emily Skinner as Mame?  Sep 27 2014, 11:20:54 AM
She's playing Mame.
prog metal Sweeney in DC  Aug 22 2014, 09:32:07 AM
Even thought I wasn't going to see this, I decided to go on a whim last night. I lasted until intermission. Uniformly horrible singing and acting. The pretty cool orchestrations and the manner in which the band plays them are fine, but they don't work with the traditional vocal arrangements (particularly when the vocals are poorly executed). Nice idea, but overall an atrocity. They made the right call making this one not open for press reviews. I've seen college productions of Sweeney with
prog metal Sweeney in DC  Aug 20 2014, 12:51:12 PM
I haven't seen it, but I did see their prog metal version of "Frankenstein" and thought best to sit this one out for my sanity. In that case, if they spent as much time as trying to be different, edgy, and creative, than ensuring the cast could act/sing (on pitch), it would have been ok.
Sweeney Todd Prog Metal Video and Coverage on DCMetroTheaterArts  Aug 6 2014, 08:29:11 AM
If it's anything like their prog metal "Frankenstein" last year the vocal arrangements were a low priority as was you know, ensuring the cast could sing the show. I've rarely been impressed by anything they've done - even the straight musical theatre.
Buying tickets from Broadway.com  May 28 2014, 06:00:57 PM
Where did you find the code good through July 6?
John Stoltenberg revisits 'If/Then' on DCMetroTheaterArts  Nov 29 2013, 07:25:10 PM
Speaking as one of those "other" critics that this reviewer is likely referring to who, like most everyone else, gave the show a mixed review, I agree, RippedMan.
IF/THEN DC reviews  Nov 25 2013, 03:20:53 PM
Here's another one: http://dctheatrescene.com/2013/11/25/pre-broadway-tryout-ifthen/
A NIGHT WITH JANIS JOPLIN to Play Broadway's Lyceum Theatre this Fall  Jun 26 2013, 05:25:08 PM
I saw the production at Arena Stage and was bored out of my mind. I found it formulaic even if well sung. That said I'm probably not the target audience. Those around me ate it up.

Theatermania gold  Apr 19 2013, 12:34:08 PM
Thanks.
Theatermania gold  Apr 19 2013, 11:30:48 AM
How far in advance do they tend to post a ticket offering? I don't live in NY, but can get there on a few days notice. Just wondering if it's worth it for 'out of towners.'
Tuck Everlasting Postponed?  Apr 12 2013, 08:02:31 AM
That's disappointing. We scheduled a vacation in Boston for August and were looking forward to seeing the pre-Broadway engagement. Now looks like our only theatre option is Wicked.
Side Show revival at La Jolla  Jan 11 2013, 06:08:08 PM
Yes the Kennedy Center production was announced to be in collaboration with La Jolla.
Jackson and Arianda perform Music of the Mad Men Era  Jan 5 2013, 12:03:35 PM
She only sang one duet with him and given the song it was difficult to tell if she was a true, true singer, but she was good.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You