News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for soapguy17

soapguy17 Profile Photo
Member Name: soapguy17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: How does one describe themselves in these things? Umm. . . . I'm extremely dramatic and very silly. While those aren't the best combination of qualities to float through life with they normally make me a pretty fun person to watch. I'm a future social worker. Which means I'm pretty much awesome and that I'll die poor. I love animals, they make me happy. I have an unhealthy obsession with Hugh Jackman, and I'm love the German language. Anything else? Just ask1

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Trysting Thursday!!
 Sep 3 2009, 08:24:44 AM
Good Morning, Adults! What's the hap?
re: If Funny Girl Came Back To Broadway...?
 May 23 2009, 02:03:14 AM
Renart so stole my line! I just sat down and read this entire thread and was going to be all snarky and dramatic and point that out!

Anyhoo, the second thing I was waiting for was the pointing out of Shoshana Bean. I love that woman, sooooo sooooo much. But, to quote Margret Cho, "QUEEN, Please." Her voice, while amahzing, is not the kind of amahzing I'd like to see in the role. Secondly, while a hilarious person, she's not a hilarious performer. I hope against hope that she get's cast

re: BWW TV: Encores! Summer Stars THE WIZ Sneak Peek - Ashanti Sings 'Home'
 May 23 2009, 01:36:07 AM
As far as pop singers go, this was a top-notch performance of a showtune. As far a musical theatre performers go. . .not so much. I clicked on the link without expecting anything, when you look at how she sounded at the start of her career and how she sounds now, there's no doubt in my mind that she's willing to work to get better at things. I WILL be there, and my family WILL force me to see this, so I'm going to see what happens. I'm hoping she'll knock it out of the park. I'm also REAAAALLLY
re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
 Mar 24 2009, 11:28:01 AM
Thanks, Phyllis. That made me choke on my peppermint.

I don't know how I feel about this, I was looking forward to it.

re: Is That you In Your Avatar? - Swinging 20
 Jun 27 2008, 10:12:28 PM
Why is this thread moving so slowly?

re: Is That You In Your Avatar? – 18: Sarcasm and Idiocy
 Apr 11 2008, 08:04:22 AM
<- - - -sits and waits for details.
re: Sara Bareillis Says She Pretended To Be Ariel At Home (not April Fool's
 Apr 9 2008, 01:57:07 PM
Actually, the first time she performed on stage was in LSOH. Also, she's among the most amazing live performers out there as far as pop singers are concerned.SoI think she'd be fine. Also, "Love Song" doesn't give that much of a map of her voice, to really "hear" her you should really listen to "Come Round Soon", "Gravity", and "One Sweet Love".

Alas, I don't think she's Ariel either (I'd certianly go see it), but it's a possibility that somewhere down the line she could do something m

re: Audra McDonald in Sweeney Todd
 Jan 3 2008, 09:53:56 PM
Jazzy, my words excatly.
re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - Abridged
 Dec 31 2007, 02:26:44 PM
That just made my life!
re: Jennifer Hudson on 'Movies Rock!'
 Dec 27 2007, 08:10:06 PM
Ooh! Somewhere Over The Rainbow was a bit of a mess even for those of us who love Beyonce. It was just a little off.

re: Jennifer Hudson on 'Movies Rock!'
 Dec 27 2007, 08:04:43 PM
I expected a lot more from Nicole S. for some reason, it's sad that the two singer's who actually attempted to pay homage to the original(Nicole and Usher) failed miserably. (Nicole's accent just ruined the Monroe sound she was going for.) Also what the hell was that tossing that fur thingy off the stage?

Fergie's performance made me cringe. Why does she have to affect her voice so much, someone needs to explain to homegirl that it does not make her sound better or more soulful,

re: New 'Little Mermaid' Pics (Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle and more!)
 Dec 22 2007, 09:40:40 AM
Now that's just tacky.
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread
 Dec 21 2007, 10:18:44 AM
"By The Sea" is arguably the most awesome moment in any modern musical movie moment ever. That is all.

Helena Bonham Carter did it for me, By The Sea and Not While I'm around made up for any other missteps she may have made.

re: German WICKED television performance
 Dec 11 2007, 06:43:21 PM
I only have a basic understanding of the German language and I felt EVERYTHING in that performance. The ending gave me chills. Well done.
re: Norm Lewis picture in The Little Mermaid
 Nov 21 2007, 12:23:37 PM
<- - - thinks it may be wrong that he's having impure thoughts about King Titan.
re: If you had to pick a Broadway song that summarized your entire life...
 Nov 18 2007, 09:40:55 PM
Not quite sure about my whole life and this isn't exactly Broadway, but "Just Around The Riverbend" from Pocahontas.
re: The Official Knowing Me, Knowing you thread!
 Nov 13 2007, 06:50:03 PM
You're getting your master's degree. You're considering Fordham, which is where I'll be going in January. That Hilary Duff movie where she wants to be a singer, which I've been meaning to watch forever.

re: Holy cow, Dumbledore's gay!
 Oct 20 2007, 09:41:25 AM
I think the reason it came out after the fact is that someone answered the question. I'm sure any writer on the board can back me up on this, the writer normally has WAYY more background information on the character than is actually placed in the book. She have to pick and chose what's important. The book was centered around Harry, whom I would assume either didn't know or didn't care. Part of me wished she would've placed some kind of sly reference in the book, because I've been saying this sin
re: Characters From 1 Musical Appear In Another Musical.
 Oct 14 2007, 08:25:59 PM
I'm confuzzeld.

re: The Official LB MTV Broadcast Thread
 Oct 13 2007, 03:29:43 PM
But, Ireland now has a point. She found her dream guy, It's one of those happy ending things. I like it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You