News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nyctopone

nyctopone Profile Photo
Member Name: nyctopone
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: kristin vs. idina  Jun 12 2004, 11:03:11 AM
I'm on a desert island and I have to be with ..... a Woman?

Nooooooo!

re: Is THE PRODUCERS the most overated musical ever?  Jun 11 2004, 01:46:05 PM
Is it the most overrated musical - No.
Should it have won all the Tonys that it did - No. The score for the most part is very banal and forgetable.
Having seen it once, do I need to see it again - No.

re: AVE Q Tour Canceled - Vegas Instead (Boooo!)  Jun 11 2004, 01:43:57 PM
I agree with the producers decision. I lived most of my life in NYC but recently moved to South Florida. The three nearest theatres that Broadway tours go into - Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami - are horrible barns, and I wouldn't waste my money going. Unless you have seats in the front rows (which never are available to the public since they are subscribers who had them for years and years) the enjoyment of these shows, especially smaller ones is lessened. Even the last rows in most Broad
re: BROADWAY MONOPOLY  May 15 2004, 04:48:57 PM
"Cats" can be Baltic Ave. It's the most useless property.
re: la cage aux folles  May 15 2004, 04:36:55 PM
I missed his Macbeth - it came and went so quickly. I did see him in Othello as Cassio in the early 80's. His performance the night I saw it was remarkable in that he fell off the stage and into the lap of a stunned lady in the front row.
This is of course was way before Cheers or Frazier.

I think he would make a great George, I would prefer Gary Beach as Albin. I hope HF really works the book better. I wasn't impressed with it the first time around.

re: potential 'movies into musicals'  May 15 2004, 04:17:21 PM
"The Bigger the Better"

with
Patrick Wilson and Hugh Jackman

re: Broadway Ban  May 15 2004, 04:13:09 PM
Cats - Now and Forever.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who do you NOT want to see come/return to Broad  Apr 27 2004, 01:02:54 PM
I stick with the majority : Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, please stay away, stay far, far away.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Glenn Close  Apr 27 2004, 12:52:48 PM
I've always hated the Judy Collin's version. It's like nails down a blackboard. Also there is no depth, just whining.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ASSASINS OR WICKED? Who will take the Tony?  Apr 23 2004, 05:43:39 PM
Personally I think it should be eligible for Best Musical. If it is, I think it would easily beat Wicked.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Back From a Disappointing London  Apr 19 2004, 07:49:57 PM
Shocking - No, I think boring or pathetic would be better words to describe it.
re: re: re: Back From a Disappointing London  Apr 19 2004, 01:11:34 PM
Why in the world, if you are going over to London, with so much excellent theatre to choose from, would you see an American show like Millie or Fame? What a waste.

You must also eat at McDonalds when you go to Paris.

re: Yea Jim Dale  Apr 16 2004, 08:04:54 AM
I agree, I particularly liked him in "Joe Egg" and "Barnum".

What a shame that Barnum wasn't video taped with him and Glen Close. Instead, they taped the London cast with that over inflated ham Michael Crawford and his horrible mugging. Dreadful from start to finish.

re: re: re: re: re: New Quiz - Come to the CABARET  Apr 12 2004, 10:17:40 AM
9 out of 10.

I wonder what I missed.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: When the Idle Poor Becomes the Idle Vish  Mar 18 2004, 11:01:13 AM
9 out of 10. Not bad considering its been so long since I've seen the show.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  Mar 15 2004, 05:28:36 PM
Oh, Goody!
Mary Popppins
Ch****ty Chitty Bang Bang
The Lttle Mermaid

More kiddie shows where the audience can come in already knowing the plot and most of the songs and won't have to think or really listen.

Where are the new plays? This generation doesn't have an Arthur Miller, Edward Albee, Tennessee Williams, Lanford Wilson, Steve Sondheim or even Neil Simon. Instead we get a constant barrage of crap based on movies that everyone already knows.

Broadway has indeed

re: re: re: Female Production of Sam Shepard's True West Shut Down in New York - playbill.com  Mar 10 2004, 03:03:00 PM
Now a production spkesperson is saying the theatre will continue its run despite having the rights taken away. This show should be shut down, Now. If they wanted to change something that drastic, then permission should have been sought. They didn't, so they have no one to blame but themselves.
re: re: re: re: re: re: Favorite Broadw  Mar 8 2004, 05:00:29 PM
Equus - with Anthony Hopkins and Peter Firth
Sweeney Todd - with Angela
Amadeus - with Ian McKellen and Tim Curry
The Royal Family - (Revival with Eva LeGallienne and Rosemary Harris)

re: Sad News - Spalding Gray's Body Found  Mar 8 2004, 04:53:30 PM
This news saddens me deeply. I have always been an enormous fan of Mr. Gray. When I was a teenager I used to go to the performance garage to see his monologues. I was mesmerized when I saw him the first time, which is why I have seen almost everything that he has done since then. As good as his monologues were filmed, it was amazing to see him in person. He had an intensity and charm that drew you into his stories and made you feel he was talking directly to you. I had tickets to go see his new
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: New Quiz - Sweeney's Back, or Sit In The Barber Chair  Mar 8 2004, 11:18:01 AM
9 out of 10, I wonder which one I got wrong. Probably the dance question.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You