News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sdrick

Member Name: sdrick
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Movies Do You WANT To Be Made Into Musicals?
 Jan 25 2019, 06:29:03 PM

dramamama611 said: "The same title i always write whenever this thread comes up (which is often):

The Princess Bride

Disney holds the rights.

What Movies Do You WANT To Be Made Into Musicals?
 Jan 25 2019, 06:20:43 PM

BwayGeek2 said: "I would actually love to see Pride and Prejudice as a musical!"

There have only been about 10 different versions. Also Sense and Sensibility. Enough already.

Come From Away Cast
 Sep 30 2018, 10:29:29 PM

Not to take anything away from this great ensemble cast, but I think it says a lot about the writing of an excellent play, that it can be recast without much angst. Eventually, everyone needs to move on artistically--look at HAMILTON.  Good for them. Both plays were life changing for the actors in different ways.

PRETTY WOMAN Reviews
 Aug 17 2018, 05:05:27 PM

And there is a female book writer.

PRETTY WOMAN Reviews
 Aug 17 2018, 03:25:23 PM

IdinaBellFoster said: "I still can’t believe there isn’t 1 woman on the creative team."

Yup . . . and check out the creative team on TOOTSIE.  There was a subversive feminist viewpoint in the movie, due in no small part I think, with in inclusion of Elaine May on the script.  Take note . . . she's still around and still brilliant.

All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
 Aug 10 2018, 05:02:17 PM

Multicultural casting

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/26/entertainment/la-et-cm-glenglarry-review-20120927

Is JLP transferring?
 Aug 9 2018, 03:41:13 PM

hamiltonstradition said: "bwayboy22 said: "I know Idina was attached in either a workshop or a reading of this, do people think she would take over for Elizabeth Stanley were this to come in?"

I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Stanley, so I hope not!
"

Never been a Menzel fan.  Always want to like her, but find her range as an actor limited. 

TOOTSIE to open at the Marquis, April 23
 Aug 9 2018, 02:39:02 PM

SomethingPeculiar said: "Jerry Zaks: "I can open BRONX TALE and HELLO DOLLY within the same season!"

Scott Ellis: "Hold my beer. I can preview/open KISS ME KATE and TOOTSIE within 68 days!"
"

I hate KISS ME KATE. And I think it is unfortunate that Mr. Ellis only seems comfortable working with men on his creative teams. 

Aug 9 2018, 02:34:19 PM

markypoo said: "Broadway Concierge:

The statement you made about the show's potential merits echo precesely the hopes that everyone and their brother - Ken Mandelbaum leading the pack - had for The Goodbye Girl back in 1992; with its killer-diller star wattage and music by Marvin Hamlisch.
Couldn't miss.
And it too opened at the Marquis.
"

And NICK AND NORA with Joanna Gleason . . . what could go wrong?

Aug 9 2018, 02:31:31 PM

carolinaguy said: "The book writer causes me some concern here. What in his past work would lead us to believe he's up to the task of adapting one of the great comedy film scripts to the stage?"

Well founded concern . . .

Aug 9 2018, 02:30:15 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "JBroadway, the movie is a beloved gem. It’s one of my all-time favorites, and seems to be many others’, too. I find that when I tell people about a Tootsie musical being made, they respond enthusiastically with, “Oh, I LOVE that movie!” It’s really comedy gold.

I also think it’s going to have a really poignant, powerful message at this time in history. Plus, with David Yazbek penning the score, it seems like ther

Aug 9 2018, 02:18:24 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "massofmen said: "Death sentence. Thats too bad. I had high hopes for this show."

Why do you say that?

"Marriott is the kiss of death".  It's cursed, I tell 'ya . . . cursed!

Moulin Rouge at Emerson Colonial Theatre Reviews
 Aug 6 2018, 05:55:46 PM

Baldly: without any extra detail or explanation; plainly; bluntly.

Moulin Rouge at Emerson Colonial Theatre Reviews
 Aug 6 2018, 05:52:11 PM

standingovation79 said: "the only thing that rings TRUEabout Brantley's review is the BADLY WRITTEN book by John Logan (I can't believe the check cleared after the producers saw what his book read like).

It smells to me like he's trying to reel it in after his misstep with the review for Head Over Heels.

That's BALDLY written, not badly . . . baldly.  Here's the definition:  " without any extra detail or explanation; plainly; blunt

Riedel on the growing hype for Moulin Rouge!
 Aug 6 2018, 05:32:03 PM

John Adams said: "RE: Katrina Lenk as Satine

I think some folks aren't familiar with how talented and versatile she is. Don't be so quick to pigeon-hole her because of her outstanding work on Broadway.

Someone asked, "Can she dance?" Yes. She's played Peggy Sawyer in 42nd Street, and Sally Bowles in Cabaret. Her dancing skills are excellent. You can rent/view Indecent to see small examples of her dance skills.

Riedel on the growing hype for Moulin Rouge!
 Aug 6 2018, 05:14:45 PM

Yeah, we heard you . . . I just don't think we cared all that much.

Riedel on Diana Rigg being annoyed Ambrose misses Sundays
 Jul 9 2018, 08:44:21 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Should mostly theatre people stay in their lane as well?"

Probably.

Jul 9 2018, 08:40:59 PM

I think she's a terrific actress and does very well in all she does, but she should have not signed on for 8 shows if she couldn't handle it. That's the nature of the beast and a lot of people do it. She should have signed on for a reduced schedule up front.  And I think you can figure out what a common idiom like "stay in your lane" means.

Experiences With Condescending Theatre Goers
 Jul 9 2018, 05:55:38 PM

adamgreer said: "I love how Lin, in typical LMM fashion, manages to make the interaction all about him. The guy saying he liked the classics may have been a simple enough statement having nothing to do with Hamilton. He may not even have BEEN aware of the fact that he was speaking to the composer of Hamilton."

Really?  You are slamming Mr. Miranda, one of the most gracious and generous artists of today?  Whatever the conversation was, your conjecture is mea

Jul 9 2018, 05:24:39 PM

And with ALL due respect to the hard-working, talented Dame Diana Rigg: she has never had a role as vocally-demanding as this.

What?? Really? Let's consider 3 of her non-musical roles . . . MEDEA, MOTHER COURAGE, and Martha in WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF.  We could forever debate the vocal challenges of classic theatre to Broadway show tunes.  She did these roles before everything was so heavily miked, so I'd submit, that is the greater challenge

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You