News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dymk

dymk Profile Photo
Member Name: dymk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Question Regarding the Ending of August: Osage County
 Feb 3 2008, 11:02:33 PM
Thank you Caroline-Q-or-TBoo, it helped a GREAT deal.

Wonderful!

Thanks again!

Question Regarding the Ending of August: Osage County
 Feb 3 2008, 10:43:30 PM
I don't want to ruin any details about this amazing show, but I was having a difficult time literally hearing the dialogue during the final 5 minutes of the final act. If there is someone who can assist, please PM me. I searched the board and didn't see anything that referenced it, so I thought I would throw it out there. Thanks in advance!
re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording
 Oct 30 2007, 07:33:20 PM
Just curious, how do you know if you placed your order in time before they sold out?

I figured a sell out would occur, and I think it's great that they can do a turnaround on a second batch in just 1-2 weeks.

re: The Lady or The Tiger?
 Dec 22 2006, 07:01:52 AM
I would choose the Lady, because I would want the person I loved to be happy. (Awwwww) That being said, my partner said he would choose the tiger, so I don't know how I feel about that!

I think that we put our own "baggage" into the story at that point in the story, so maybe the author was trying to bring our own emotions and thoughts into the equation to see how we would answer the question. It's not important what the princess would choose, but what would YOU choose . . .

re: Grey Gardens Revolutionary Costume Ring Tone
 Nov 12 2006, 05:13:43 PM
Since it's in Flash, it will not allow a download of the midi. Am I missing something?
re: Songs that have a double meaning
 Oct 9 2006, 08:31:38 PM
How about "One" from A Chorus Line:

The characters spend the whole show talking about their individual stories, asking "Who am I, anyway?" and all the time trying for a part in a chorus line where they are all the same, no individuality.

Also, maybe "Cabaret" from the Cabaret... It's a number about how fun life is when Sally's life is really falling apart.

I wouldn't clasify either of them as "double meanings" but it started off as an "ironic" thread, so I thoug

re: The Pain and the Itch
 Sep 25 2006, 09:45:23 PM
Check out the review on the link below:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=12442

I went to see it with my partner last weekend, it was OUTSTANDING (in our opinion). An interesting show that has an ending that has you discussing long after the show ends. I tend to give way too much away when I review something, but this article does the show justice.

re: Mary Poppins OBC
 Sep 25 2006, 09:40:02 PM
Just a thought: Ensemble only, no leads, could it be a recording for the "Carols for a Cure" CD for this year? I only suggest it because there are a lot of tracks on past recordings that are ensemble only. Not that I wouldn't MIND an OBCR of MP.
re: Cast Recording Lists
 Feb 14 2006, 12:04:45 AM
2nd Pass:

Okay, I asked my partner to update the page, NOW it's current, about 550 by my count.

http://www.corryzahn.com/index.php?static=catraxx/showtunes/albumlist/index

re: Cast Recording Lists
 Feb 12 2006, 05:39:04 PM
Nice List, I was trying to PM you, but the system won't let me. Check my email address to follow-up.

Here's my list, but it hasn't been updated since September.

http://www.corryzahn.com/~mus-zz_sho/

re: WIW
 Jan 22 2006, 11:57:32 AM
I was there for yesterday's matinee (1/21) and he was out. From what the ticket office said, he would be out for both performances that day, although I wasn't around later to see.

I thought he wasn't coming back after his illness, but maybe that was just a rumor.

re: MEF on Paper Mill's 'Ragtime'
 Jul 4 2005, 09:45:34 AM
I think you are referring to the July 3rd Sunday matinee, correct? I was there with my partner in one of the box seats in the mezz. I agree that it was a bad audience, we had a lot of talking, and counted about 6 couples that left at intermission. In fact, the couple that sat next to us talked, full voice, during all of the songs that involved Sarah or Coalhouse in the 1st Act before leaving at intermission. When the husband finally said "I didn't pay money to see those kind of people sing!
re: Taylor The Latte Boy
 Apr 22 2005, 10:15:24 PM
It's also on itunes for .99 cents, they have the full album, but you can buy that track only if you prefer.
re: What is the most annyoing song.....
 Oct 31 2004, 09:51:04 AM
Maria, from West Side Story. I'm throwin' the toaster in the tub now . . .
re: Queer Songbook
 Oct 3 2004, 08:17:36 PM
I'll be there too, with my husband! Can't wait!
re: Free Broadway Stuff look
 Sep 6 2004, 05:32:11 PM
Also looking if anyone can PM me, I love to hear the music from up coming and 'in development" shows.

Thanks!

re: Kaitlin Hopkins
 Aug 29 2004, 11:16:09 PM
Saw her in Bat Boy also a while back. She was WON-DER-FUL. Loved her in Bare, hope she's back with it in October.
Opinions on NYMF
 Aug 6 2004, 11:07:49 AM
I've seen a little bit on this event, but was curious about the shows that will be presented. Some have run in regional productions, and others I've seen in readings, but has there been any "buzz" about specific shows? Good cast, great music, you name it. "Skin of Our Teeth" looks interesting, and so does "Lulu", any others that peak your interest?
re: what show is ONE NIGHT ONLY from?
 Jun 7 2004, 11:27:58 PM
So what we should do is give aces25 some other suggestions on wonderful Broadway, Off-Broadway, etc. recordings so we can "broaden horizons", if you will. Don't get me wrong, I laughed when I read the thread, but I think it's great that a "younger" generation is getting into Broadway. Keep those questions coming!
Weird Romance
 Mar 28 2004, 08:41:02 PM
I just wanted to post about this because I first read about this show on one of the boards threads. I got the CD and REALLY enjoyed it, now I've seen that The York Theatre is doing it this week for 3 performances as part of their staged reading series. I'm sure there are other fans of the show in NYC, so enjoy!

Normally I wouldn't post "selling" a show, but I thought it was appropriate to mention since it was the board that got me interested in it in the first place.

Thank you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You