News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Drewprecht

Drewprecht Profile Photo
Member Name: Drewprecht
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews
 Apr 22 2015, 08:26:38 PM

Hollywood Reporter is Very Positive:

Smells like a hit, a very palpable hit

"The Shakespearean references come thick and fast, along with the winking nods to a whole plethora of modern musicals, in Something Rotten! But the laughs in this rambunctious comedy by Broadway newcomers Karey and Wayne Kirkpatrick, written with British humorist John O'Farrell and buoyed by a top-drawer cast, don't require comprehensive recall of classical theater or a particular receptiveness for arcane Broadway in-jokes. This is a big, brash meta-musical studiously fashioned in the mold of Monty Python's SpamalotThe Producers and The Book of Mormon, loaded with crowd-pleasing showstoppers, deliciously puerile gags and an infectious love of the form it so playfully skewers."

SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews
 Apr 22 2015, 08:22:33 PM

Deadline is up and it's Very Positive, with love for James & Borle:

‘Something Rotten!’ Plays The Bard Card In Broadway Merriment – Review

"It’s entirely possible that I would have had a different reaction had not the show given us the exuberant D’Arcy James in his best role ever, a relief from the stolidness ofNext To Normal and the dour cuckold he played on NBC’s Smash. Ditto Borle, also aSmash grad= and beloved of some, though not me, in Peter and the Starcatcher."

"I may be in the minority for being such a sucker for such base humor but I will say this: One  surefire combination in the art of producing for Broadway is the ability to make audiences feel smart — but not outsmarted — and giddy at the same time. It’s as true for Tom Stoppard as it is for the folks behind The Book Of Mormon and Avenue Q. Anyone who can pull off jabs at Cats and Les Miz at this late hour has tapped into something, you know, not rotten — and the best tonic I can imagine for this endless winter season."

SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews
 Apr 22 2015, 08:19:16 PM

NBC NY is up and it's Very Positive, especially for the performers:

It's the Bottoms on Top in Easygoing Comedy "Something Rotten!"

"“Rotten!” paints musical theater culture in the same broad strokes that the “The Book of Mormon” used to satirize religion—everyone gets to be in on the joke. This new musical makes us do just enough work that we feel satisfied for picking up on them. Go for the production numbers and the big-hearted turns from the leads, whose enthusiasm ultimately proves even more infectious than the plague."

SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews
 Apr 22 2015, 08:16:04 PM

TimeOut is up and it's a rave

Something Rotten TONY Review - 5/5 Stars

"And what a cast. If you didn’t already know what a smashing actor and singer Brian D’Arcy James is (he briefly stole the show earlier this year in Hamilton), here is a chance to see him carry a show with wit, fire and some impressive tap moves. Of course with an ensemble this good, the carrying is shared: Cariani squirms adorably; Blickenstaff’s radiant as Nick’s sensible wife; Brooks Ashmanskas as a flouncing, closeted puritan; and Borle as the cocky, narcissistic, plagiarizing Shakespeare. You can bet the Swan of Avon is rolling in his grave—with laughter."

Then She Fell - 2 Tickets (3/5 10:30pm)
 Mar 5 2015, 11:17:19 AM
Shoot me a best offer since my flight was cancelled and I can't make it!
 Mar 5 2015, 10:42:48 AM
BUMP! Show is tonight - anyone interested? PM me!
 Mar 4 2015, 08:44:32 PM
I have two transferrable tickets to Then She Fell in Brooklyn. Face value is $125/ticket (obo) - 2 tickets available.

MARCH 5 at 10:30PM

2011 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - 12 for THE BOOK OF MORMON, 10 for ANYTHING GOES
 Apr 29 2011, 10:59:07 AM
I especially thought the set was magnificent. Here's hoping Donyale Werle gets recognized for her equally whimsical Bloody Bloody set with the Tonys.
2011 Drama Desk Nominations Announced - 12 for THE BOOK OF MORMON, 10 for ANYTHING GOES
 Apr 29 2011, 10:54:52 AM
Very happy about Sleep No More, but the most glaring omission is Peter and the Starcatcher for Outstanding Play, Direction, and Set Design.
2011 Outer Critics Circle Nominations Announced! SISTER ACT Leads!
 Apr 26 2011, 01:59:51 PM
Where is Peter and the Starcatcher?!?!?
2011 Pulitzer Prize Finalists
 Apr 18 2011, 03:08:21 PM
Clybourne Park wins. Detroit and A Free Man of Color finalists.

1 extra ticket for JERUSALEM tonight 7pm FREE!!
 Apr 14 2011, 02:56:09 PM
Mark Rylance is such a fantastic actor.

LaBute's FAT PIG Loses Investor; Delays to 2011-12
 Mar 17 2011, 11:34:02 AM
Why not a transfer of Peter and the Starcatcher? The Belasco is just over a thousand seats and could be a great space for this amazing show!
Billy Joe Armstrong to Return to AMERICAN IDIOT Jan. 1
 Nov 30 2010, 11:53:11 AM
The articles say Tony Vincent will play his final performance December 30, 2010...why wouldn't he stick around for the Billie Joe hiatuses and post-Feb 27?
THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS Reviews
 Oct 31 2010, 10:20:32 PM
EW gives it an A:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20364394_20438294,00.html

Transfers from London to US
 Oct 28 2010, 08:27:47 PM
The more recent ones that I can remember:

Donmar:

Hamlet
Mary/Stuart
Frost/Nixon
Red
Creditors (to BAM)
The Great Game: Afghanistan

Menier:
La Cage
A Little Night Music (2009 Revival)
Sunday in the Park (2008 Revival)

Enron
Pitmen Painters
War Horse (upcoming)

Any others?

Transfers from London to US
 Oct 28 2010, 01:26:30 PM
Is there a comprehensive list of productions transferred from London to America?

If not...could anyone help me brainstorm?

IN THE WAKE - Anyone Seen It Yet?
 Oct 26 2010, 04:24:20 PM
I saw it on Sunday afternoon. Ultimately, the writing is really great, the characters are modern and beautifully developed, and the political conversation and subject are thrilling. However, the sexuality aspect seems thrown into the play and muddles the piece.

The performances are pretty fantastic across the board, Ireland was particularly good (and I haven't loved her in Reasons or After Miss Julie), and both Jenny Bacon and Deirdre O'Connell were breathtaking.

Design-wise,

Theater(s) closed---bed bugs?
 Oct 25 2010, 08:22:24 AM
The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center also had a breakout:

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/10/14/bed-bugs-at-the-met/

A LIFE IN THE THEATRE Reviews
 Oct 12 2010, 10:27:40 PM
NYT

http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/theater/reviews/13life.html?ref=theater

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You