News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cenoern

Member Name: Cenoern
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Your perfect 'Rent' cast
 Apr 1 2007, 08:00:50 PM
Roger: Tim Howar
Mark: Matt Caplan
Collins: Mark Richard Ford
Benny: D'Monore
Joanne: Kenna Ramsey
Angel: Justin Johnston
Mimi: Dominique Roy
Maureen: Maggie Benjamin

re: Has anyone seen Bright Lights, Big City?
 Mar 6 2007, 12:34:24 PM
I was at the workshop last night. The lyrics were disastrous, but the score was incredible. I didnt really notice any "dialogue" to be honest, it just proceeded from song to song to song, and I thought it worked fairly well.

The cast was ok, considering they are all Harvard undergrads - loved Tatiana Wilson as the Mother, who was fantastic, and whoever played the brother was also incredible.

re: Community Theater Audition on Yom Kippur
 Sep 29 2006, 08:20:45 PM
The owner of CAP (who is also directing the show) is jewish. Just call and ask to talk to Bruce and ask him about it and everything... jeez :-P No need to cause a huge stink on a forum over the whole situation.

Oh, YPT Les Miz. Have you ever done a show at CAP before? You are in for some interesting times :-P

jukebox musicals you would actually see?
 Sep 1 2006, 11:44:43 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to see Green Day's album "American Idiot" staged. I'm not sure if they put the storyline (yes, there's a storyline) on display at the concert tour they did for the album, but I just think it would be so cool.
re: review of kids in gypsy
 Aug 13 2006, 03:03:21 AM
i declare this the worst thread ever.
Assume There Will Be No Lestat Cast Album - Here's Why!
 Jul 30 2006, 03:52:22 AM
I dont care about the cast recording, but reading batboy's post just made my night.
re: The Characters-In-A-Word Game
 Jul 30 2006, 03:48:59 AM
beaten to it
re: Hairspray, 7/23 Review - Haylie was good!
 Jul 24 2006, 12:01:59 AM
The "breaking character" during Timeless to Me, where the actors laugh, is scripted.

However, I remember John Pinette would throw in a line to the audience that would always change and just be hysterical... but the laughing is always the same.

re: Longest 'Belt' by A Male or Female Broadway Performer?
 Jul 22 2006, 01:17:52 PM
Yeah, that link of Minako is insane. 30 seconds.
*Spoilers*
 Jul 21 2006, 12:32:46 AM
Miss Saigon breaks my heart into pieces whenever I see it.
re: Name some musicals written without an intermission
 Jul 18 2006, 02:45:27 AM
Rocky Horror revival has an intermission written into the script (right after Rocky & Frank's wedding), but I'm not sure if it was performed that way. I've seen productions with and without, and I don't see much of a difference either way.
re: Pick My Shows
 Jul 2 2006, 06:22:13 PM
Jersey, Drowsy, Sweeney, Avenue Q, Spelling Bee

Count out Tarzan and Wedding Singer automatically - why see two shows with mixed (in tarzan's case, mixed-to-negative) reviews when the above 5 I have mentioned have all gotten very positive reviews?

re: Appropriate theatre attire - dress code?
 Jun 29 2006, 11:33:54 PM
I wear whatever I feel like wearing to the theater - usually jeans and a t-shirt, or shorts and a t-shirt if it's the summer. Sneakers or flip-flops if I want.

I do not talk during the performance, I never bring my cell phone, I don't eat or disrupt the show in any way whatsoever.

Nobody has said anything to me yet, and if they did I'd just remind them I'm a paying theatergoer who is causing no distress to anyone around him except the nosy bastard who felt like commenting on my

re: teen musicals flop on broadway
 Jun 28 2006, 03:40:13 PM
I still have no clue as to what the purpose of this entire thread is/was.
re: Riedel says: Evita coming, 'Hairspray' going!!!! Say it ain't so.
 Jun 28 2006, 03:32:28 PM
Hairspray would NOT close before the movie is released, in order to reap in the ticket sales boost caused by the movie's release.
re: Long first acts
 Jun 27 2006, 01:05:24 PM
Children of Eden's first act goes on forever.. we clocked in at 90 minutes.
re: The Single Most Awesome Set Piece
 Jun 21 2006, 11:16:42 PM
"also rocky horror's amazingly versatile couch thing"

The Rocky Horror ottoman, which is just simple, creepy, and cool. Maybe I'm a bit biased cause it's currently in my local theater's rocky show haha

re: Piazza Storyline.. kinda wierd
 Jun 20 2006, 12:57:44 PM
I laughed out loud when Margaret revealed the "secret".

I enjoyed the musical up until that point... then I lost interest. I really didn't like it at all, much of Clara's dialogue was way too developed to be like that of a 10 year old, even too much for a 15 year old.

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jun 17 2006, 07:55:28 PM
After seeing RENT for the first time, my friend Ryan was convinced that it was about this prostitute Angel who was going to let all her friends live in her house in the hamptons, but they wanted to move to Santa Fe instead.

He had no idea it was about AIDS.

Also, our school went to see RENT a few years ago, and afterwards our teacher wanted to talk about it. He says "For those of you that missed out, it really is an excellent opportunity for everyone. Everyone could enjoy this

re: Other SWEENEY movie cast members - LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN
 Jun 17 2006, 01:28:40 PM
Hillary Duff as Johanna!!

just kidding (runs away)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You