News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for USTheater.TV

USTheater.TV Profile Photo
Member Name: USTheater.TV
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.ustheater.tv
Blog Address: http://uktheatrenet.blogspot.com
Profile: USTheater.TV launched in October 2005 as part of the UK Theatre Network. Its like Broadwayworld but with more video content and actors profiles and opportunities. If you are PASSIONATE ABOUT THEATRE, then you'll love the site.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: PHOTO: Kelly Osbourne as Matron 'Mama' Morton...
 Jul 30 2007, 06:22:43 PM

Here's the Official Press Release in the UK issued today.

KELLY OSBOURNE

TO MAKE HER LEGITIMATE STAGE DEBUT

STARRING AS ‘MAMA MORTON’

IN THE SMASH HIT WEST END MUSICAL “CHICAGO”

AT THE CAMBRIDGE THEATRE

ON MONDAY 10 SEPTEMBER

FOR A LIMITED SEVEN-WEEK SEASON

Passionate about theatre...online ?
 Dec 3 2006, 01:19:38 PM
Hi there

If you are a member of one of the growing number of social networking sites, I would be delighted to hear from you. I'm looking for US and UK theatre lovers who like to write in forums, post blogs and upload videos to pursue their passion in life. I did, and thousands joined me and now there are thousands more. 5 Million page visits this year, so it's growing fast.

You can join our own extended friend network and get free newsletters and more.

Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED - a year later
 Aug 1 2006, 10:30:56 AM

If people stopped responding, the board would just die off.

Aug 1 2006, 10:29:47 AM

I'm not a writer, and I just jump in with words. Competitor was not the right one. I would love to be a competitor but at the moment I'm non-profit and only aspiring to make the revenues that BWW make. The mission I have had for 5 years when I registered the idea with the Scottish Arts Council, is to watch live theatre on an Internet screen. The Video IPOD was clearly a secondary thought. I have a drive to make it happen and this bulletin is more than just marketing my idea, it's about crea

Aug 1 2006, 09:56:56 AM
Craig

Part of the problem I have with your statements and questions is that they are like a lawyers questions, they raise doubt in the mind of the reader (or jury). Even if I return with a sensible answer, you then follow it up and split hairs in the comments I make. It's a great strategy to win ANY debate and you do that very effectively. Hence my backtrack and backdown last night as its a never ending loop. I'm sure even these words will be analysed and dissected as well.

I

Aug 1 2006, 09:03:58 AM
Ok Craig, my immediate reaction was that you ARE being contrary and setting me up for a fall. However, I will try and accept it as honest curiousity and answer your points.

The first filming was done in October of last year long before any of those you mentioned. Those websites do not produce their own content. I have three film crews producing ours but we also use some syndicated content for West End material and you can often see that on all sites for obvious reasons. As far as I am

Aug 1 2006, 02:04:20 AM

Jul 31 2006, 06:20:53 PM
I had just email'd Corine2 earlier as someone recommended her website.

To answer SUMOF's question:- No, there's enough muck on the net without theatre adding to it. The pixelator will be at work for any dodgy moves by cups and saucers or hip swaying by cats with hats.

Jul 31 2006, 06:05:44 PM

Sure. Click on the link and you can listen to a Canadian production of Rob Roy coming to the Edinburgh Fringe.

Jul 31 2006, 05:53:18 PM

I am actually Scottish and proud of it and the language I speak and write is UK English. I have however setup USTheater.TV and spelled that specifically for U.S visitors. However as Japan and Canada are now a growing part of my visitors, I will need to start learning other language differences.

Jul 31 2006, 05:09:47 PM
For some reason the PM setting had changed. I've turned it back on.
 Jul 31 2006, 05:04:14 PM
I've got a few PM's recently so it does work, not sure what problem you got. You can email me at editor@uktheatre.net if you prefer.

Thanks

Jul 31 2006, 04:15:44 PM

OK. OK. OK. OK.

Humble Pie being eaten.

I am not good at handling a barrage of what I perceived to be attacks from people wanting to throw houses on me to being called condescending and pompous, it's not pleasant and there's only so much enthusiasm I can pull together to keep positive when that happens. I'm also working 7-7 in my day job AND coming home and running UKTN until 2am, so I guess I'm burning the candle at both ends and trying to keep it all going.

So

Jul 31 2006, 11:46:14 AM

This thread is starting to go the way many threads go on BWW. Once there is a strong negative vibe (especially from a Senior Editor) it goes into a spiral and people who haven't been interested jump in and the thread comes to a crashing halt of negativity.

I've enjoyed the debate. Really. Many thanks for those who have contributed. I will be back in a few months with an update. If you want to keep in touch, email subscribe@uktheatre.net and you will get a weekly update.

A

Jul 31 2006, 10:15:58 AM
There you go again. I have better things to do than to invest time in going through your significant comments and addressing them. You seem to have lots of time on your hands to do so and you will always have as its your site. Once again, well done for your attitude, I can keep going on if you want, but its now clearly YOU who have an attitude problem. I guess you just can't let go.

Jul 31 2006, 09:33:31 AM
Craig/There is no way we can solve this here and you continue to further discredit me by your false perceptions and inappropriate attitudes, which mirror a small percentage of your website visitors. It serves no purpose to continue with your very clear and itemised list of things (well done, have you ever been an auditor). This is just getting in the way of the real discussion which is, thankfully, gaining support from others. PM me if you'd like to discuss further but you seem to splitting hair
 Jul 31 2006, 02:38:23 AM
Again, many thanks for your points:

My web services are all U.S based so from a technical point of view the infrastructure is closer to the U.S. than UK and over 50% of my visitors are from the U.S. and 65% of Video Podcast downloads are from the U.S. Additionally I have setup USTheater.TV which directs people to the US focussed area which I will be redeveloping as soon as the Edinburgh Fringe is over this month.

Thanks for the link to Corine's Corner and I will certainly be p

Jul 30 2006, 05:42:23 PM

Hey, thanks for continuing to post to this thread as the more it is accepted into people's mind, negative or otherwise, the more likely it is to happen. I have no doubt in my mind that it will. I am only a catalyst as I have been for 5 years progressing this idea.

There are people on this thread, including some of the editors, who form opinions that are totally blinkered. They think they can stop something that is inevitable. They can't. It will happen, whether it is me personally

Jul 30 2006, 01:46:22 PM
Craig

Innocent until proven guilty means that you don't make a comment of IF I had a bootleg until you determine that I DID !! In fact none were found but the mere mention, as an SENIOR EDITOR was enough to put the suggestion in people's minds. You SHOULD know the influence your words have on people, but clearly you don't.

I have no problem with this website, I like its focus and its popularity. I do however think that the number of aggressive members you have should be manage

Jul 30 2006, 01:10:48 PM
Thanks Isabella2. Its hard work and very tough at times coping with some of the hostile comments. Getting publicity is even harder as the media giants with their newspapers and TV control this space and many are not ready to launch their equivalent products so they give my website ZERO column inches which is the fuel that it needs to help it grow and keep it in the hands of the performers and artists that it represents. Can you imagine SONY owning US THEATER NETWORK ? or Rupert Murdoch ?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You