News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Entertainer

Member Name: The Entertainer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Reviews For FANTASIA in COLOR PURPLE
 Apr 11 2007, 12:30:19 AM
I can't wait to see this! Fantasia looks great too! She has definitely come along way! I am so excited for her.
re: Dreamgirls Movie Keeping AIATYING scene out of promos & JH concert in N
 Dec 31 2006, 09:02:17 PM
She looked a hot mess! I agree! She needs to fire the help and start from scratch. You looks like she put on more weight too.
re: Dreamgirls Soundtrack Deluxe Edition
 Dec 6 2006, 09:51:31 PM
Hudson is fab on AIATY! Listen is also on of my favorites as well. All of this cattiness between the fans of Hudson and Knowles is going to ruin the production. Both ladies did an amazing job with their roles.
re: Diana DeGarmo offered role in Hairspray...
 Jan 5 2006, 02:03:48 PM
Since you're talking about American Idol did you see what Barbara Cook had to say about the show:

http://homepage.mac.com/elisa_camahort/iblog/C597745786/E20060102131446/index.html

There's a lot there for anyone who sings and who appreciates music in its pure form (she is an admitted purist.) But you AI and Fantasia fans should appreciate a rather lengthy discussion about today's singing styles, most notably melisma, American Idol, and how it's impacting Broadway.

Basically Barbara is not a fan of the over-use of melisma, saying that you lose the melody and that, more significantly, it doesn't come from anywhere. It just sounds like a mechanical effort to impress someone.

However, she goes out of her way to say that American Idol has produced one bona fide star, Fantasia. I guess she saw her perform at some pre-Grammy Awards party. She says that Fantasia's melisma doesn't bother her at all, because it comes from somewhere very natural and unforced. She also says she's just a born entertainer.

Anyway, I didn't really expect to hear 77-year-old Broadway and cabaret chanteuse Barbara Cook wax rhapsodic about Fantasia, but talent is talent, no matter the genre. And good on her for noticing it. Check it out.

The link to the audio is on the bottom of the article.

Around the 24 minute mark she talks about American Idol and Simon's comments and starts in about Fantasia at the 25:40 mark.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
 Nov 17 2005, 07:56:14 AM
I am disappointed that Fantasia didn't get the role because I am a big supporter of her music. However, I am so excited that Jennifer has been given this unbelievable opportunity. When I look at Jennifer, I see Effie. She definitely can do this. I am so happy for her.

re: Usher will be in Dreamgirls and Beyonce said...
 Nov 8 2005, 08:07:36 AM
Beyonce was on Extra last night and was ask about Fantasia. She said there's no confirmation but she hopes she is the other dreamgirl.
Fantasia as Effie
 Nov 3 2005, 08:47:04 AM
This post was created entirely to bash someone who has not even received the role! Why don't we put the daggers away until the role has been awarded to a DESERVING talent regardless of whomever it may be. Then you can draw the daggers and beginning slicing!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You