News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shiksa Goddess

Shiksa Goddess Profile Photo
Member Name: Shiksa Goddess
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Young Children in the Audience of COMPANY
 Dec 30 2006, 03:37:02 PM
"Because they're lazy."

I still don't get how people can be so lazy with that much money though! I wish I had the cash to waste on two Broadway tickets for a show I don't see all the way through...

re: have you ever or have you ever seen anyone walk out of a show?
 Dec 30 2006, 03:31:22 PM
The only show I ever considered walking out on was Copenhagen, but it was a little theatre in my hometown that put it on, and I was an usher who was not expected to stay the whole time anyway. That said to walk out during the actual show is just terrible. Save it for intermission if you are gonna do it at all.
re: Best Album of Sondheim's Show
 Dec 29 2006, 05:36:55 PM
I think that it's a very personal decision which recording you get. I spent hours on Amazon listening to clips of them all to decide what feels right to my ears. Which recording is the best is subjective, so I suggest listening to some clips and decide which voices and orchestrations feel right to you. Besides, why spend money on something just because someone else thinks it’s “the best!” when you may not even like the voice quality of the lead actor? Hope that helps!
re: Should Broadway Have a Ratings System
 Dec 26 2006, 06:07:15 PM
It really depends on the child and the show. I think that the message of a show is more important than the content when it comes to appropriateness. I would bring a 10 year old to Rent because I think that they would enjoy it and that there is an important lesson for them to learn from it. I don't think that the message in Avenue Q overrides the content; therefore I wouldn't take a 10 year old to it.

What I hate about the movie rating system is that they take it out of the hands of the

re: COMPANY Revival Recording Release Date...
 Dec 25 2006, 07:47:39 PM
Amazon is *usually* correct on these things. And they are always where I check because they always know first. Yay for Company!
the official raul esparza thread
 Dec 23 2006, 01:48:07 PM
Hey everyone, I just got back from my trip to NYC! It was amazing (as only NYC can be).

Company was the main reason for the trip and it was... everything and more than I remembered from Cinci. I like the changes, I like the way the theatre works, and it was so great.

I saw Angel's understudy for Marta, and it was interesting to see her view on the role. It seemed a bit angrier, but I like it. Raul is... probably the most amazing performer I'll ever get to see in my life, and

re: Taboo-Petrified
 Dec 14 2006, 03:54:34 AM
Phillip has just confronted Marcus about telling the press about George's addiction, and then Marcus' friends beat him up and make fun of him for being a gay drag queen.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You