News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RockStarNYC

Member Name: RockStarNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 09:08:55 AM
I think this presents the perfect opportunity for Disney+ to experiment with an idea...

A pay-per-view stream.

So, this is something that Disney does with their ESPN+ service where they sell premium events on a pay-per-view basis. A stream of a highly touted ongoing Broadway show definitely falls into this category. If Disney were to offer access to subscribers to this content for an additional fee, I have no doubt that people STILL wouldn't balk. As stated, the cheapest ticke

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 18 2019, 07:14:17 PM
Speaking of actors from the tour reprising their roles on Broadway, I would LOVE to see Emmy Raver-Lampman return to Broadway as Angelica. Have been watching Umbrella Academy on Netflix and she is amazing!!
TKTS= Too Kind To Scalpers  Dec 22 2018, 09:45:28 PM
@Miles I saw no TKTS insignia on the guy holding the clipboard. It, in fact, was a blue jackwt. The woman wasn't holding a clipboard. She had a beanie, was rather short, with glasses and grey hair. Sucks that apparently nothing can be done.
TKTS= Too Kind To Scalpers  Dec 22 2018, 09:34:25 PM
Been a while, but I figured I'd post here about something that happened to me today at TKTS. I was in the Times Square area with my sister after meeting some family for brunch. Brunch finished around 1, so we figured we'd head over to TKTS to see what was available for a matinee. When we arrived there, We were seeing what was available and saw that The Cher Show was available. We have wanted to see this show so, when someone asked what we were thinking of seeing and I honestly replied that we we
Would any television network have the guts to livecast CABARET?  Aug 28 2017, 01:39:04 PM

Well, with HBO seemingly entering the TV musical stage...

http://www.playbill.com/article/hbo-greelights-green-days-american-idiot-film

Maybe they will try to do something like CABARET next.

ASSASSINS coming to Encores Off-Center  Mar 13 2017, 09:51:35 PM

My dream ASSASSINS cast:

Booth - Aaron Tveit ( I know he did it in London, but would love to see him do the role in NY)

Czolgosz - Andrew Samonsky

Guiteau - Danny Burstein

Balladeer/ Lee Harvey Oswald (??) - John Gallagher Jr

John Hinckley - Michael Esper

Proprietor - Phillip Boykin

Sarah Jean Moore - Stephanie J Block

Squeaky Fromme - Annaleigh Ashford

Byck - Bobby Moynihan

Giuseppe Zangara - Matt Loehr

2017-2018 Touring Season  Mar 5 2017, 06:06:35 PM

FWIW Love Never Dies has posted an idea of their tour schedule on their site:

http://www.loveneverdies.com/ustour/tour-dates/

Taking a look at the gaps, it wouldn't surprise me if there are stops in DC (after Baltimore) either Philadelphia or Boston (after Providence), and Chicago ( before or after Minneapolis). 

Beauty and the Beast  Feb 20 2017, 06:20:34 PM

By my judgement, Emma has a rather nice singing voice. I also have no problem with the CG as, according to an article I read in EW, they reasreaslly did some unique work in ensuring the Beast is able to emote.

Beauty and the Beast  Feb 20 2017, 05:59:08 PM

I have considered myself very skeptical of this film at the start. That being said, the more I have seen, I consider myself cautiously optimistic about this film. There really remains 2 big concerns about this film and it revolves around the same character: the Beast. Despite everything, we do not know how well Dan Stevens can sing. I would love to go wityh the logic that surely there was plenty of competition for the role, including those that can sing but I've also heard Condon zeroed o

Sunset Boulevard cast  Nov 15 2016, 11:54:53 AM

As much as I would love to see American actors, in the role, allow me to play devil's advocate, as well as include some fact checking. The all British cast for The Play... is a strictly limited engagement, and for a very brief time. The same goes with Sunset's THREE actors (Let's not forget the star is an American). Sweeney has already announced that American actors will replace their British counterparts and I'd imagine the same will go for the TWO foreign actors in Saigon if

ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced  Nov 10 2016, 05:09:16 PM

Actually, iif you look at the bracketed year next to Anastasia, it's 2016. This could just be Playbill referencing the Hartford cast while, despite listing the Broadhurst, not updating for Broadway until complete cast is announced or it gets closer to starting performances.

Miss Saigon helicopter question  Oct 19 2016, 09:36:24 PM

Allow me to point out that just because the recent London production ad certain changes from the original does not necessarily mean the Broadway production will be identical. It's possible that the creative team may have decided to switch things up. Case in point,  the 25th anniversary PHANTOM tour here.

Current Phantom cast  Aug 18 2016, 09:13:37 AM

RE: Phantom in Bryant Park. Yes, that was Laird Mackintosh who sang the role of the Phantom. James Barbour, who IMHO is the best Phantom I've ever seen, could not do the concert due to Phantom having a Thursday matinee.

RE: Christine alternate schedule. I believe that it's Monday and Saturday matinee. I saw the alternate, Rachel Eskenazi-Gold, and she was superb!!

How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?  Mar 20 2015, 08:23:27 PM
Hey folks. Don't normally post here but figured I'd chime in. Have been to see Barbour as the Phantom at the Majestic. In my opinion, this is his best role yet and judging from his social media posts, he seems to be enjoying it. fwiw, I saw the show Thurs and there is a photo in the Playbill of him in Phantom garb. Quite nice.
LOVE NEVER DIES eyeing Broadway; Completely new ending?  Mar 17 2014, 11:46:37 PM
PTOPhan, this should answer your question as to how it was the Y/K Phantom never reached Broadway.
Rumor Mill: Patrick Page in Disney's Hunchback?  Feb 25 2014, 03:01:34 PM
**whoops didn't realize it was Menken & Schwartz** Speaking of which, I saw Stephen Schwartz yesterday. When I told him my excitement for the show, he stated, rather enthusiastically, that he had just come from a meeting. Fingers crossed for more official news soon!!!

Rumor Mill: Patrick Page in Disney's Hunchback?  Feb 22 2014, 07:45:53 PM
I remember reading an article where it was stated he was involved in the workshops in Dec/Jan so I don't see why not.
Rocky Previews  Feb 13 2014, 02:48:56 PM
Playbill Vault has understudies listed:

http://www.playbillvault.com/Show/Detail/Cast/14010/Rocky-at-Winter-Garden-Theatre

Cabaret Rehearsals  Feb 4 2014, 12:35:26 PM
nvm. Should have Googled first.

Joplin to close to make way for Jones's  Jan 21 2014, 06:56:29 PM
Stage I, where Peter...,played is already take by Heathers The Musical.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You