News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TobiasFinch

Member Name: TobiasFinch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Flops that deserve one more day in the sun
 Apr 10 2006, 07:41:56 PM
Flora The Red Menace

The Grass Harp

Side Show

re: Pajama Game Cast Recording?
 Apr 10 2006, 07:39:31 PM
I think I read on playbill that it's going to be released in a double pack with a cd of songs from Thou Shalt Not(Connick Jr's failed show) sung by Connick and O'Hara.
re: best/most powerful finales of a show
 Feb 19 2006, 05:50:12 PM
As much as I don't like the show.. the act one finale of Side Show is pretty moving.. Who Will Love Me As I Am? is one of the better songs in the show..

Other than that:

Rose's Turn

and

CAROUSEL.

re: Are Tony award winning Best plays & musicals filmed for archives?
 Jan 27 2006, 11:19:08 PM
The Lincoln Center Library for Performing Arts archives many Broadway and Off-Broadwaymusicals and plays. I know for a fact the show does not have have to win a tony to be recorded. You can view them inside the library, but you have to reserve a time and date and what show you'll be viewing for "research purposes." You cant just say you want to view the show because you're a fan..
re: 'Too much jaw'-my vocal director
 Jan 5 2006, 01:44:20 AM
There are three things that helped me..

1) Vocal Training. I know that it's tedious... and more often than not you'll have a crappy lesson day. But the good days always make up for all the bad ones. Also with this you MUST find a teacher that you are comfortable with and knows what he/she is doing. For me I found that working with a man helped me more than a woman.

2) CONFIDENCE - This is probably the MOST important element to singing those high notes. When you're vocalizing at

re: Overtures
 Dec 23 2005, 11:16:39 AM
Jule Styne is the ultimate overture writer... Gypsy.. Funny Girl... Bells Are Ringing... Three greatest overtures...

I would LOVE to hear Barry Manillow's Overture of Overtures

re: Some musicals not 'mature' enough for college?
 Dec 13 2005, 09:10:36 PM
There's a lot of things to consider for a college program:

1) The educational experience for the student
2) TICKET SALES

many college programs rely on ticket sales to keep the program running. In my opinion it's not a matter of it being "cheesy" or mature enough... it's can your school do it. Obviously, a college program wouldn't do Annie.. But shows like Guys & Dolls should DEFINATELY be done by a college... because if you are a student you will learn tremendous

Current Recording Obsession
 Dec 13 2005, 08:41:25 PM
We all go through obsessions of listening to a cast album over and over and over again... My current obsession is Evita (Original Broadway Cast) (And every now and then the soundtrack)

What's yours?

re: favorite musicals?
 Dec 13 2005, 08:37:57 PM
My favorites in no particular order:

Sweeney Todd
Into the Woods
She Loves Me
Evita
A New Brain
Carousel
Gypsy
Hedwig & The Angry Inch
Little Shop of Horrors
Thoroughly Modern Millie
How to Succeed in Business...

re: RENT movie garners exactly zero Golden Globe nods!
 Dec 13 2005, 08:31:25 PM
The film wasn't very good. I'm not surprised.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You