News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for circusliz

circusliz Profile Photo
Member Name: circusliz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Selling 2 tix to 1984 for 5/19 - help a girl out on her birthday?
 May 17 2017, 10:59:09 AM

Bump. Anyone? Bueller?

Selling 2 tix to 1984 for 5/19 - help a girl out on her birthday?
 May 15 2017, 09:11:49 PM

Due to a death in the family I can't use my two dress circle tickets to 1984 for this Friday, May 19. I was supposed to be seeing the show on my birthday with my husband during his brief visit home from working overseas. Life sucks sometimes.

Anyway, I'm selling the tickets for face value, $69 each and I'll eat the fees. Or make me an offer. Email me at liz(at)harlemartsfestival(dot)com if interested.

Hollow crown
 Sep 23 2013, 01:31:40 AM
For those of you who missed the broadcast, PBS is streaming the series online.

Richard II is here: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/episodes/the-hollow-crown-shakespeares-history-plays/full-episode-richard-ii/1855/

The remaining episodes will each go live following their respective broadcasts.

What do most posters on BW do for living?
 Mar 12 2013, 01:25:23 AM
I lurk more than I post, but I'll bite.

I'm a graduate student in NYC (arts administration), and I work for a large non-profit theater.

CAROUSEL at Lincoln Center
 Feb 28 2013, 11:01:23 AM
No, I don't know what time they started offering the discount tickets. However, I do know that online ticketing closes 2 hrs before curtain.
 Feb 28 2013, 10:29:45 AM
For those asking about rush/discounts -- student rush tix were available for $25 (promo code RUSH), but you will be required to show a student ID at the box office. Day-of tickets were available for $45, both online and at the box office.
 Feb 28 2013, 01:18:56 AM
Agreed, it was a great night.

The Phil did offer $25 student rush. My friend was able to buy hers online; I missed the 2 hour cutoff for buying online, but was able to get two tickets at the box office at 7pm.

Broadway books to read?
 Jul 23 2012, 11:54:57 PM
Free for All: Joe Papp, The Public, and the Greatest Theater Story Ever Told is a good read
Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 4 2012, 01:08:54 AM
Undercoveractor -- totally agree with your comment about the ensemble. It was great to see a range of body types/ages/styles, stead of interchangeable 22 yr old dancers. They were fantastic. Although, did anyone else think Bryce Ryness looked like he lost a lot of weight?

Americanboy -- I was in row O and the sound was messy from there too. I missed a lot of the lyrics in the opening number. However, since it's just the first preview there's time to fix the problem.

Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 4 2012, 12:34:21 AM
Michael Bennet -- another mishap was the mic that was left on. Pretty sure I heard "Sam" say "Oh s**t, this is the wrong outfit"
Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 4 2012, 12:32:19 AM
I thought he sounded great in his low to middle register, and did ok with some of the high belting. But I heard a number of high notes that he couldn't sustain, which he covered by growling the note.

Not a weakness on his part. Jonas' songs are killer, compounded by the testifying during the revival scenes.

Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 4 2012, 12:19:44 AM
I disagree that Raul was in good voice. I thought he sounded tired and hoarse on a lot of the high belting. Understandable, since it seemed like the majority of his songs had to be sung in a high belt. His voice is going to take a beating doing that 8x/week.
Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 3 2012, 11:45:35 PM
Very good. Sexy, appealing, stands up to Raul with good chemistry between the two of them. She needs a new wig though.
Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 3 2012, 11:33:08 PM
Wow. The show has So.Many.Songs. Like, nonstop songs. I actually found myself missing plain old dialogue.

Thoughts on Hurt Village, Assisstance, 4000 Miles, Blood Knot?
 Mar 7 2012, 11:08:10 PM
Blood Knot was very good. I found Scott Shepard to be a very engaging actor. The design is fantastic and the last scene is absolutely chilling.

Can I make a pitch for Tribes? I saw it last night on a $20 student rush ticket. It's one of those shows that's gotten under my skin, where I walked out not knowing how I felt about the show, but as the day has gone on keep thinking about it more and more. I like those sorts of shows.

Of course, absolutely go to see Once if you get

The Blue Flower
 Oct 24 2011, 09:08:39 PM
I saw it last weekend, and while it wasn't the best show I've ever seen, it wasn't the worst (that would be Fame in London in 2001). It was definitely one of the most interesting concepts for a musical that I've ever encountered. But I think I may have had a deeper understanding of the show if I was familiar with the Dada aesthetic.

Yes, the story is a little slow and the characters do narrate, but at no point during the show did I find myself thinking that I wanted to leave be

Rumor about next Reno Sweeney
 Oct 17 2011, 01:18:59 AM
Chellie and Erinb -- yes, that's where it came from. Sorry I got the info wrong on who was actually speaking. My sister wasn't clear on the details.

And you can actually hear my sister on the audio in that tumblr link! She's the girl saying something about a bathroom around :38.

Oct 14 2011, 10:12:32 PM
Just to clarify -- my sister didn't hear that Shoshanna would be replacing Sutton. She heard FROM Shoshanna (or JRB) at JRB's cabaret in Indy that Stephanie would be going into Anything Goes .
 Oct 14 2011, 09:56:24 PM
My sister is currently at the JRB cabaret show in Indy, and heard from either JRB or Shoshanna Bean that Stephanie Block will be replacing Sutton Foster in Anything Goes.

True or false? Does anyone here know?

re: National Equality March Sightings
 Oct 13 2009, 02:21:13 PM
Kevin Cahoon
Andrew Rannells
Dennis Jones

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You