News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PottstownTeacher

Member Name: PottstownTeacher
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I teach Pre-K but a passion of mine is the Theatre. I enjoy regular trips to NYC to catch all the latest plays and musicals! I also enjoy performing/directing for local theatre companies.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Daniels last TKAM show date?
 Jun 6 2019, 12:03:12 AM

According to the very attractive man in the Shubert box office, the entire original company is scheduled to appear through Sunday, November 3.  However, some cast members do have scheduled vacations through the summer. 

Haley out of OOTI today!
 Dec 27 2017, 02:50:05 PM
Does anyone know is she’s scheduled to be in the evening performance?
DREAMGIRLS Piano/Vocal Score
 Nov 7 2017, 09:45:50 AM

Hello all!  Throughout my travels I have amassed quite a collection of Broadway Piano/Vocal scores (hard copies and pdfs).  Unfortunately I have just noticed that my DREAMGIRLS score is missing pages in the finale.  Is there another collector out there that could possibly send me the missing pages?  I am missing pages 7-8 in the Finale (It's Hard to Say Goodbye).  Please private message me,  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Selling one (1) ticket to SHUFFLE ALONG - Sunday 6/19 - 3 PM
 Jun 8 2016, 09:42:32 AM

I need to play piano for a local production that afternoon and I will not be able to catch the matinee of SHUFFLE ALONG. The ticket I am selling is Orchestra Row P, House Left. (I believe it's Seat 11 or 13 - I don't have the ticket in front of me). I purchased the seat at the Box Office for $109.00. I am asking the face value of the ticket, or best offer. Please contact me personally for any additional information. Thanks for looking!

Sun. matinees of School of Rock
 May 17 2016, 10:37:42 PM

I saw last Wednesday's (5/11) matinee and Alex Brightman performed.  He was sensational.

Who saw the original THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG?
 Oct 5 2015, 08:21:45 AM

I was 7 years old when I saw the National Tour at the Forrest Theatre in Philadelphia.  Dick Latessa and Anita Gillette were the stars.  My mom saw the original production in NYC and brought home the record album, which she played a lot.  So when the tour came, she bought us tickets.  I think I still have the stub, and it might have been $12.50(??) for a mezzanine seat?  I know I still have the Playbill.  I didn't get the souvenir book because we already had

THE SPITFIRE GRILL Cast Album
 Mar 17 2014, 09:23:13 AM
Hi, everyone! I know somewhere in my CD collection is the original cast album of THE SPITFIRE GRILL. But, damned if I can find it!!! Is there anyone out there that can maybe provide me with a copy? Or know of anywhere that I could obtain a copy that doesn't cost more than my mortgage payment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you have any info. Thanks so much!
Paper Mill Playhouse’s OLIVER!
 Dec 31 2013, 09:58:18 AM
I saw the show this past Saturday evening. OLIVER! was the first show I had ever performed in about 110 years ago (!!!!) so it always has held a special place in my heart. I found the production to be very well done, beautifully designed, staged and performed. However ... and this is not a criticism, just merely an observation ... it was directed at break-neck speed (started at 7:08 and we were in the parking lot at 9:10), the tempos were kept brisk, there were some minor cuts and revisions t
Favorite Douglas Carter Beane lines.
 Jun 6 2013, 10:09:31 AM
From LJ --- "Oh yeah. I'm moist like a snack cake."
Pirate Queen - "Because I am a Wife"
 Mar 19 2013, 01:08:58 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the sheet music to this tune? I know it was cut from the show before B'way, but I am hoping it's in someone's collection that they'd be willing to share. PM me if you can, thanks.
What do most posters on BW do for living?
 Mar 12 2013, 09:04:23 AM
I am a Pre-K teacher in Pottstown, PA. Hence the handle. I'm also Vice President of a local Theatre company, where I am an actor/director/musica director/accompanist/etc. Just finished directing SUNSET BLVD.
He's so that guy
 Jan 23 2013, 03:19:32 PM
I saw Benjamin Walker in DANGEROUS LIAISONS. I ... and I realize I'm in the minority here ... really loved that production. I don't remember much about his particular performance, other than he was miles and miles better than Keanu Reeves! And I remember he was nude for a bit in a compromising position with Laura Linney. Again, as I said, I really thoroughly enjoyed the entire production. I didn't put two and two together until I was reading my Playbill at BBAJ when I realized, "Oh that's t
Casting without Considering Appearance
 Jan 16 2013, 02:33:36 PM
Not that this is the same league, but I just played the role of "John" in MISS SAIGON at a local community theatre. I'm a white guy. I only had to change one line ... "Hey listen, white boy, you losing your cool?" became "Hey listen buddy, you losing your cool?" The audience didn't seem to mind.
Anyone see the original
 May 24 2012, 11:17:13 AM
I also saw Anita Gillette and Dick Latessa. It was the National Tour that played at the Forrest Theatre in Philadelphia in Septemeber 1981. Still have my Playbill and I just a window card of the Tour during it's Philly engagement off of eBay. It was the 2nd show I ever saw. My Mom saw the OBC in 1979 and I still have her Playbill and souvenir program. And her OBCR on vinyl! I also got to see Lucie Arnaz and Robert Klein perform together in Atlantic City when I was in college. 1992 maybe??
EVITA Now Offering Standing Room
 May 4 2012, 02:44:53 PM
"You can't tell just by looking, as my new construction worker friend informed me as he pushed me up against the port-a-potty wall after quitting time last week."

And that's all it takes to get me to wet myself at my desk! LOL LOL

CARRIE Piano/Vocal Rehearsal Score
 Mar 7 2012, 02:04:57 PM
Hi all! After seeing the show this past weekend at MCC, I decided to go into my basement and pull out the big box of scores I have and find the ones I have for CARRIE. I have the handwritten piano/conductor one, and also the Rehearsal Piano score that was done in some program like Finale or something. In perusing the Rehearsal Score, I noticed that I am missing 2 pages out of the "Destruction" scene. Does anyone have their own copy of this score who would be able to help me out by sending me
DVR alert: Cast of Godspell on the view today, 12/1
 Dec 3 2011, 11:45:25 AM
Speaking og GODSPELL, I waited to get a ticket until it was announced that Morgan James was returning. I saw the show at the evening performance on 11/25. She was out of the show that night. I am going to see the show again on 12/18. But it seems that she has additional jazz club performances that entire week. Does anyone know if she is scheduled to appear in GODSPELL on the Sunday shows that week?
I may be old, but I was able to see....
 Nov 30 2011, 11:08:07 AM
Mary K. Lombardi, Norwood Smith and Ruth Kobart in ANNIE (1st National Tour)
Valerie Perri in EVITA (1st National Tour)
Anita Gillette and Dick Latessa in THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG (1st National Tour)
Andrea McArdle in GREASE (City Line Dinner Theatre)

Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
 Oct 17 2011, 02:15:42 PM
HHHmmm. I think my ticket to see ANNIE in Philadelphia back in 1980 was $12.50. I paid $0.00 to see SISTER ACT on Opening Night, as I was a guest of the book writer ... or book augmentor.

As far as most expensive ... legit ticket from the box office was to see a Sunday matinee of MARY POPPINS right after opening ... $250 - 5th row center on the aisle ... most expensive was a ticket broker --- $600.00 to see Julia Roberts in THREE DAYS OF RAIN.

Did they take away Ellen Harvey's Solo in Brotherhood of Man?
 May 26 2011, 03:04:22 PM
This is completely random, and unrelated to the thread, so please forgive me for digressing ... BUT ... Ruth Kobart was Miss Hannigan in the national tour of ANNIE, which I saw at the Forrest Theatre in Philadelphia on July 30, 1980. I was 6 years old. It was the first show I ever saw! OK, I'm done. Back to the thread.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You