News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mrfreeze

Mrfreeze Profile Photo
Member Name: Mrfreeze
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

La Bete rush
 Nov 26 2010, 04:28:56 PM
If I wanted to get tickets to the evening performance tomorrow is it the same deal? Just get there in the morning or they sell those at a different time?
La Bete rush
 Nov 24 2010, 01:25:07 AM
Great! Thank you! I shall be there at 9!
La Bete rush
 Nov 22 2010, 09:24:33 PM
Has anyone tried rush recently? I'm thinking about trying either tomorrow or the Wday matinee.

It opens at 10 am, right?

Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?
 Jun 18 2010, 02:18:01 PM
I got there around 4 am today and was about n 20/25 in line. People didn't really start to come til around 5:30. I don't know how far back the line stretched but there were quite a few people by 8pm.
The ones who started the line right at the theater were told to move to the back of the line.

It didn't seem that terribly insane today.Maybe cuz it's Friday. I'm sure once it actually opens it will be somewhat of a deja vu from last year.

Jun 16 2010, 03:19:15 PM
I'm just worried that Merchant tix are much more in demand because of Pacino.

I had no prob getting tix for Winter's tale. I just really want to catch Merchant during previews. I got a feeling that once it opens the line situation will be crazy!

Jun 16 2010, 02:48:18 PM
Question. I am thinking about seeing it either Thursday or Friday. Obviously I know I will have to camp out. I'm thinking about getting there around 2-3 in the morning. Is that early enough?
Which day do you think would be better? I'm thinking maybe Thursday.

Jun 13 2010, 10:35:31 PM
So i'm thinking about going either Thursday or Friday. Should I get there round 11 the night before? Crazy!

Also the official line is on the West Side, correct?

I just hope that if there's a long line inside the park they will be moved back, kinda like the way they did last year.

The Public Theatre Wants To Crack Down On Ticket Scalpers (Line Sitters For
 Jun 13 2010, 02:09:53 PM
The ones that really annoy me are the actual scalpers. The ones who are not paid to sit in line, rather they sell the tix once they have it. I remember last year's 12th night, towards the end tickets went for $500 a piece. Closing night there was a whole group of them 12-15 people in the front of the line who were only there to sell tickets. They cheat out both the Public and the people in line who actually do want to see the show.
I wish there was a way to crack down on those people.

Jun 12 2010, 12:29:22 PM
Quick question about the start of the line. I know last year some people started the line right outside the theater despite the fact that the Public said repeatedly the Park is closed at night. Do they move those people when the Park opens?
re: Anyone going to the first preview of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC tonight?
 Nov 29 2009, 12:47:16 AM
I may have missed in in the thread but are there any discounts yet? I saw that student rush will happen after Dec 15th. Anybody knows how much those will be?

I'm trying to find some budget friendly seats.

re: Shakespeare in the Park LinesIm on line now
 Jul 13 2009, 12:41:38 AM
Maybe what they could do is stamp your hand when you get a ticket that can only be seen under UV light, so you wouldn't know what the image is. You get one stamp per pair of ticks so if you want to enter the theater, one needs to show the stamp.

This way our "dear entrepreneurs" would have to go see the show,and wouldn't be able to sell all the tickets.

re: Twelfth Night - Shakespeare In The Park
 Jul 13 2009, 12:36:24 AM
It was nothing short of amazing!

The cast really gave it their all and did a wonderful farewell performance.

I'm really going to miss that show but feel very fortunate to have seen it today.

re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
 Jul 12 2009, 04:47:19 PM
I know...I guess it just never really ceases to amaze me.

I wish the police actually called some of those nbs and trap them...I know it's impossible...oh well..some people will have a load of fun with their karma! :)

Jul 12 2009, 04:24:38 PM
OMG!

This is sick!!!!

Jul 12 2009, 04:19:29 PM
I would not be surprised actually. I have seen 3-4 people there who've been there before and just did not quite look like they were there for the show. As a matter of fact 1-2 of them were even kicked out of the line.

Well the police was there today and will be there in the evening as well. Let's hope they can catch a few of them bad guys! :)

re: 12TH NIGHT- could there be any future at all?
 Jul 12 2009, 03:17:25 PM
I really hope that even if it's not transferred, it is at least filmed. So many great productions disappeared because nobody filmed them.

I wonder though if it would work that well in a somewhat closed environment.

I think the set goes so well with the open space, wonder what would happen on a regular stage.

Jul 12 2009, 02:33:39 PM
We were btwn 82-83 and picked up our garbage, but it's true, as we walked in the sidewalk was pretty nasty. people left chairs, pillows,blankets and tons of trash after they left. Pretty sad..I guess common courtesy and sense are a dying art form...
 Jul 12 2009, 06:08:44 AM
I m sure they will.Otherwise they would ve probably closed it by now,and you can sstill sign up now.
 Jul 12 2009, 03:41:43 AM
Wonder how far up the line goes..Last I heard was around 90th street.
 Jul 12 2009, 03:07:39 AM
I know right! How sweet was that of them? How far down are you? We re btw.n 82 and 83.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You