News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MartyO49

Member Name: MartyO49
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AMERICAN PSYCHO Is A Masterpiece  Apr 20 2016, 12:59:45 PM

Saw it last night and enjoyed it but was surprised how small Alice Ripley's part was..Does anyone know if material had been cut?  Benjamin Walker was brilliant

Huge Playbill Collection..must go  Mar 31 2016, 03:05:48 PM

I have been a regular theatergoer since 1969 and have 10+ large boxes (Photocopy paper containers & 3 plastic tubs) full of playbills with original theater tickets & slip ins. Please make me an offer and come and pick it up in Forest Hills..elevated building. I want the whole collection to go at one time..all or nothing. I need the closet space for bf moving in

DOT @ Vineyard. Anyone see yet?  Feb 16 2016, 12:46:12 PM

I saw this play last year at the Humana Festival in Louisville and was very moved by the play and performances.  Susan Stroman should take care of the blocking problems in Louisville.  

Successful Broadway actors who still haven't had a  Jul 8 2015, 11:22:24 AM

Veanne Cox..Doing excellent work on stage and screen since the late 1980s..

THE HEIDI CHRONICLES Previews  Feb 27 2015, 11:16:27 AM
Saw it last night and agree that Pinkham and Moss are giving excellent performances. Jason Biggs lacked charisma and his performance was flat as as a melted ice cream cone. I thought the play held up well although it did not have the immediacy that it had in the original production. I wish Wendy was alive to tweak it. There was a Bert Lance reference that fell flat. Also, I felt Elizabeth Moss deserved a solo curtain call but this is a memorable evening for both younger theatergoers and bab
Has anyone seen A Particle of Dread at Signature?  Dec 19 2014, 09:20:52 AM
I was very disappointed in it. Stephen Rea is a wonderful actor but eve he could save this confusing mess of a play. There are some nice soothing musicians on stage though
Tom Marrow Collection available on Triton Gallery  Oct 18 2014, 09:23:52 AM
wonderful.. Thanks for posting. I am fortunate to own an original "Promenade" poster!
Homosexual Love Duets?  Oct 1 2014, 11:58:09 AM
Unlikely Lovers Falsettos
ON THE TOWN previews  Sep 28 2014, 01:00:40 PM
Saw it on Saturday matinee..TDF row N orchestra on the side...I have seen this show in many versions beginning with the 1971 revival and it never fails to thrill me. This production is one of the best..I loved the three sailors, Hildy and of course Jackie Hoffman. I also loved how this production made it clear that the couples were being intimate. A few minor quibbles like Philip Boykin in the opening (this is not Old Man River!) and Elizabeth Stanley left me cold but all and in all..a real
Seesaw  Sep 4 2014, 11:25:39 AM
The Tommy Tune Balloon number "It's not where you start but where you finish" was the highlight for me. The production numbers were better than the numbers for the leads. I wonder what it would have been likee with Lainie Kazan?
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU previews.  Sep 1 2014, 12:05:29 PM
OMG..This was a real treat...some of the finest NYC actors in the ensemble. I sat in Row B2 orchestra and saw fine.. A couple of questions: Where those real snakes? and was was Will Brill directed to play Paul as bit fey?
I'll Say She Is  Aug 19 2014, 11:25:27 AM
Just saw it yesterday also and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a bare bones restaging of what was a lavish revue in 1924. A lot of reconstruction and scholarship went into this production as the songs don't really match up to the program online at Playbill Vault. Kudos to everyone & the director came out with a funny sign at the curtain call.."If You Want Scenery, Go to Indiego" ..a real treat for Marx brothers and fans of old musicals.
SIDE SHOW at Kennedy Center  Jul 1 2014, 01:16:09 PM
Totally agree with Morosco...Saw it on Saturday night and loved every minute. I have seen this show on Broadway and number of smaller productions and the changes worked for me. I thought the Jake played the character too angrily and had none of Norm Lewis's warmth. His performance was too contemporary.
The Last Ship - Chicago  Jun 24 2014, 01:13:09 PM
A friend whom I went with saw the show again with her sister and said the motivations in the story were clarified in two specific areas (without spoilers) and she enjoyed it more the second time. They are working on it. BYW, Jimmy Nail, the movie Magaldi in Evita is in it as the foreman.
The Last Ship - Chicago  Jun 23 2014, 12:15:53 PM
I saw it on 06/13/14 PM performance. The cast was good, the music solid but the story still needed some fleshing out as to the motivations....I was very disappointed by the set design in the finale. I went with a group of friends and others had similar reservations. Not nearly as good as the wonderful performance of Juno I saw in the Timeline theater....However, Chicago theater is always excellent
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 27 2014, 10:51:46 AM
I saw all three staged versions of the play in NYC & it never failed to move me. I chatted with Larry Kramer at the Public Theater version and thanked him. However, Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons made this gay man cry, not only for their excellent acting but their lives of thoughtful openness. Bravo to all!
David Carroll in COMPANY (Someone is Waiting)  May 11 2014, 12:06:22 PM
Wonderful.. A great talent tragically lost so young. I didn't see this production but was lucky enough to see him in "Chess" and "Grand Hotel"..Thanks for posting!
Irma La Douce @ Encores  May 11 2014, 11:33:36 AM
Saw it last night..flaccid staging & lackluster leads but what a beautiful score. "From a Prion Cell" gave me chills and that fulfilled Encore's mission for me..
I Remember Mama revival  Mar 21 2014, 11:41:28 AM
I left during intermission. This is a wrong headed concept that just didn't work for me...I liked some of the actresses. The blocking, set design and lighting were awful
I Remember Mama revival  Mar 19 2014, 02:21:35 PM
Going tonight
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You