News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JLSatUD

JLSatUD Profile Photo
Member Name: JLSatUD
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2019-2020 Touring Season
 Jan 15 2019, 07:41:00 PM

Baltimore's Hippodrome tweeted that the announcement is this Thursday 1/17. The clues they've given so far are: "The lineup includes 5 #Maryland premieres" and "5 shows are currently playing on Broadway."  We have Hamilton this year which of course maxxed out the season ticket subscriptions, so I imagine they'll try to get a couple big names to hold on to that $$$$...

SMASH
 Feb 14 2012, 07:33:27 PM
Did anyone catch the guy who was reading the Joe part during rehearsal when she was missing dinner with the husband? I thought I recognized him but can't place him and it's driving me nuts!
Baltimore Hippodrome Season Announcement?
 Mar 27 2010, 03:57:17 PM
Renewal notices have started to arrive in the mail. I didn't have season tix this year but this is what my friend sent me:

Jersey Boys
Cirque Illuminations
Shrek
West Side Story

Then, to fill out your subscription you have to pick 2 of the following:

Les Mis
Blue Man Group
Rock of Ages

But you don't necessarily get "your" seats for the last 2.

re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
 Feb 28 2009, 04:40:16 PM
Guess he's getting better ... There's a video posted on TMZ of him giving his opinion of the Piven stuff. He seems to be moving ok now.
re: Broadway Skit on SNL
 Jan 11 2009, 12:09:01 AM
Loved it! I haven't laughed out loud at SNL for anything other than Tina Fey's Palin in a loooonnnnnnng time!

Only 1 thing ... they went with the racist dialogue and I was SURE we were going to hear a few bars of "Everyone's a little bit racist."

re: NYTimes confirms: Rent Closing
 Jan 15 2008, 11:23:12 PM
I kind of figured this was coming when they announced the closing of the "official" online community.
re: pooling money for backstage tour of Mary Poppins
 Apr 10 2007, 08:53:44 PM
My friends and I did the tour Saturday night the 31st. It was about 45 minutes, but we had to leave at 11:25 to run to the Port Authority to get the 11:30 bus. One of the asst. stage managers walked us around to see a bunch of stuff, an ensemble member who was friendly with her stopped by and just chatted about random things with us, and then we got to meet the kids and Gavin. Both kids were really friendly even though it was obvious they were exhausted! Gavin told us some funny stories as w
re: A set of Jane and Michael gone?
 Apr 10 2007, 08:44:05 PM
I saw the show March 31 and all 3 sets were in the playbill. Also, we talked to the kids who did the show that night and Gavin and they all referred to the "three sets" repeatedly ... but that was 10 days ago and this is broadway, so who knows. :)
re: New Behind the Scenes with Gavin Lee
 Apr 2 2007, 08:02:44 PM
My 3 friends and I saw the show Saturday night and paid for one of the tours they were selling to benefit BCEFA. We met the two kids that were on that night and Gavin and got to be on and backstage. It was really cool. I had just seen the behind the scenes video with Gavin and mentioned it. He said it was much more stressful to be given a mic and a camera and an hour of tape to fill and that he'd rather be on stage where he knows his lines. :) One of the ass't stage managers showed us a few
re: 2008 Hippodrome Lineup?
 Mar 22 2007, 04:56:08 PM
One more week and we'll know who is and isn't touring :)
 Mar 9 2007, 05:10:49 PM
If that is so, the so called "formal invitation" should not be sent to generic addresses and mention that group sales will be available at the event - it was sent generically to my place of work, a school, not where my season tix go.

Plus I find a random broadway board name would all of a sudden be sending my private messages from "Hippodrome Theater Management."

Mar 9 2007, 08:06:32 AM
I got a flyer in the mail today inviting me to the annoucement of the 2007/08 season on March 29th at 11:30am. There is going to be a performance of "one of the hottest shows."

Too bad it's a Thursday. I would love to go!

re: Spamalot at the Hippodrome
 Mar 8 2007, 06:11:27 PM
Our tix aren't until the 18th, but I'm excited! We have Annie tix for the Sunday after that as well. And then weekend after that we're going up to NY to see Mary Poppins. All the arrangements were made at different times so it kind of shocked me to turn over the March calendar page and see how busy we're going to be! :)
 Mar 1 2007, 06:28:23 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for any new tour. I'd love to get Jersey Boys, Avenue Q, Color Purple, Drowsy Chaperone, Light in the Piazza, Producers, Phantom ... so many great shows! :) :) :)
re: Getting Picked for Spelling Bee...
 Oct 1 2006, 02:34:14 PM
Thanks ...

my search engine was having issues, I guess.

Getting Picked for Spelling Bee...
 Oct 1 2006, 02:25:08 PM
Hi, all. I tried searching the boards because I know this has been discussed a zillion times, but I can't find it!

Can you tell me what time I should get to the show in order to see about being picked? I know the chances are one in a million, but at least there's that one chance. :)

Any other tidbits you can share are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Spelling Bee
 Sep 28 2006, 07:08:58 PM
Hi, all ... I've had the Spelling Bee CD for awhile now, but I'm going to see the tour in Baltimore on Sunday so I've become a 24/7 listener. :)

I'm so excited! I'd love to get picked to be in it, but the theater here is so big it probably won't happen. Thanks for spreading the spelling bee love and getting me hooked! :

Jenny

re: Richard Kind to replace Jbara in DRS
 Jun 26 2006, 08:22:40 PM
He's already spending time there because he made a Greg Cam appearance a week or two ago ... I guess I'll just wait and see how it goes. I like to think they would stick with someone who is going to do a good job since there are so many people to choose from! :)
re: Yes, it's true- High School RENT
 May 23 2006, 08:47:03 PM
At first I thought it was totally insane, but I've warmed to the idea. Grease talks about pregnancy and that was a whole lot of shock value at one point in time too. Neat that the family is in on it and recognizing that there's potential for it to play out in high schools while also still being on Broadway.
re: Sideways Stories From Wayside School- the play!
 May 15 2006, 10:42:45 PM
I remember the kid who couldn't count right. He counted all out of order but always ended on the right number.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You