News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MasterLcZ

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
Member Name: MasterLcZ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: SPEECH & DEBATE SOLD OUT IT'S EXTENDED RUN  Nov 14 2007, 08:46:57 AM
THANK YOU jaystar (from another YANK! fan who misses it too)!

I saw SPEECH AND DEBATE a few weeks ago, LOVED it and wanted to catch it again, Got my ticket!

re: My frustrating evening at Jeff Blumenkrantz' Concert last night  Nov 5 2007, 12:15:31 PM
That's EXACTLY it, Dolly!
You took the words right outta my mouth!

My frustrating evening at Jeff Blumenkrantz' Concert last night  Nov 5 2007, 11:07:11 AM
I was first introduced to Jeff Blumenkrantz' songs a few years ago at a concert at the Gay and Lesbian etc. Center, where he performed "My Book" (which as I subsequently found out, was written for Audra McDonald's Seven Deadly Sins song cycle). As a journalist with ADD who should be finishing his Jan Lievens article now instead of posting on BroadwayWorld, it kinda struck a chord with me while I had to stop byself from laughing too hard. My theory with songwriters is "If they've written one song
re: YANK! reviews  Oct 31 2007, 10:04:15 AM
Bumpin' for the guys (and gal) of YANK!

I'm going back this week. I only wish someonme from the TIMES would go out to Brooklyn to check it out...

re: [title of show] show- 5!!  Oct 31 2007, 10:00:32 AM
Thy are going to open at The Sands: "[title of show]: Swingin' Sassy!"

Jeff, Heidi, Susan, Huner, Larry: The New Rat Pack.

re: PASSING STRANGE  Oct 31 2007, 09:58:04 AM
I can't imagine this great show coming in WITHOUT this great cast.

The "Berlin Radical Artists" clique is especially brilliant.

re: SPEECH & DEBATE Opens Tonight!  Oct 29 2007, 10:47:01 AM
So far the season has introduced me to two extraordinary young actresses: Sarah Steele and Zoe Kazan!

I need to score another ticket TODAY because I supect tickets will be hard to come by tomorrow.. :)

re: SPEECH & DEBATE Opens Tonight!  Oct 29 2007, 10:14:30 AM
I smell a TIMES rave, kids.....
re: Terrence McNally Christens the new Suzanne Roberts Stage  Oct 29 2007, 10:13:05 AM
For a moment I thought it was "Suzanne Somers Stage".

re: Speech and Debate- what am I missing? (spoilers)  Oct 29 2007, 10:12:13 AM
I'm another old fart who saw it fairly early in previews and agree 15 minutes could be edited away (the lunchroom scene could be trimmed) and there are some plot devices that are pretty far-fetched (the boys bathroom). These quibbles aside, it's the funniest and most entertaining play I have seen in a while. I totally loved Diwata and the boys - I wanted to cheer at the "official presentation". And Susan Blackwell knocked me out with her second character. I work with people who are JUST LIKE T
re: YANK! reviews  Oct 27 2007, 01:32:37 PM
gaykettle, It's OK. Not everybody likes everything. Even though I don't share your opinion, you don't have to apologize for it.

W.B.F. (LOVE your new icon - LOVE the show)...I had a hunch you'd love YANK! as much as I do. I haven't been so over-the- moon about a show since GREY GARDENS and [title of show]. I've ben telling everyone I know to run to Brooklyn to see it.

And you are so right about the emotional impact it has. During the scene with Stu and Mitch in the bunk

re: YANK! reviews  Oct 26 2007, 12:11:55 PM
Another rave, but OY! What a title for it!

"In 2005, this little show sparked interest at the New York Musical Theatre Festival, and now, mounted as a full-scale production by Park Slope’s Gallery Players, not a line of it rings flat. The current cast is superb, starring Broadway actors like Nancy Anderson (“Wonderful Town” and “A Class Act”), Jeffry Denman (“The Producers”) — who doubles as choreographer, and Bobby Steggert (“110 in the Shade”). Sure, the big names make this production

re: Michael Berresse Interview: On A CHORUS LINE Fan Stalkers; Being 'Out'  Oct 25 2007, 11:02:48 AM
"People need to have a little control."

Hear that, Michael? NO PEEING DURING INTERMISSION!

re: the problem with Grey Gardens  Oct 25 2007, 10:58:57 AM
I love the fact that the musical DOESN'T spell it out why they fell apart so dramatically. You are purposefully left to imagine why.

I had no problem with the Broadway GREY GARDENS.

And I love this Feingold quote in particular: "And dominating the whole event, like a double-faced caryatid, is Christine Ebersole, as the first act's still-young Big Edie and the second act's tormented Little Edie, an architectural monument of Gothic archness, ornately ludicrous, desperately vulne

re: YANK! reviews  Oct 23 2007, 08:01:54 PM
Here's a nifty snap (by Marc Ruffalo) of some of the YANK! brigade: (from left) David Zellnik (book and lyrics), Nancy Anderson, Joseph Zellnik (music), Igor Gorin (director) and Jeffry Denman.
re: YANK! reviews  Oct 23 2007, 07:37:18 PM
I'm going back on Saturday with my friend Barry who at first whined "You want me to go to Brooklyn to see a show?!!" until I convinced him otherwise. And I just got a ticket for the last performance on November 11. I suspect it will be a very emotional evening, as it falls on Veteran's Day.

re: YANK! reviews  Oct 22 2007, 07:38:41 PM
Dan Bacalzo of TheaterMania is basically a rave (he doesn't care for the dream ballet and some of the perfomances of the supporting cast...I liked both):

"The Zellnik brothers have crafted an old-fashioned musical with a contemporary, socially conscious sensibility. The terrific score manages the difficult feat of invoking the musical styles of the era without sounding completely derivative. The haunting "Remembering You" could easily have gotten radio play in the 1940s, and the tuner p

re: YANK! reviews  Oct 22 2007, 07:32:21 PM
David Bell of "Show Showdown" is a rave:

"Give me a respectful, carefully paced, sensitively acted, gay romance with equal parts of unrequited love, shame and intermittent explosions of passion and you will have me bawling like a melting fagbeast... which is exactly what I was doing at David and Joe Zellnik's Yank!, currently at The Gallery Players in Brooklyn. Led by a stunningly charming Bobby Steggert and swoontastic Maxime de Toledo, we have here a funny and heart-wrenching, old-sch

YANK! reviews  Oct 22 2007, 09:30:36 AM
I know Matthew Murray is often dissed here, and I've disagred with him plenty before. But he hits the bull-eye with his review of David & Joseph Zellnik's "YANK! - the Musical" at Gallery Players...

"Yet whatever the situation, David and composer Joseph realize the couple’s troubles with a lilting score of supple accomplishment that combines pastiche and the urgency of the heart to often searing effect. The musical centerpiece is “Remembering You,” an aching ballad of great love lost th

re: Passing Strange Will Arrive on Broadway in 2008  Oct 19 2007, 08:50:45 AM
Fantastic news! But I disagree with those who think PASSING STRANGE is too offbeat for Broadway. It should attract the SPRING AWAKENING fans (and I think P.S. is far superior to S.A.), and I most remember everyone saying that AVENUE Q was too odd for Broadway : "It's a PUPPET SHOW!"

I'd also add that with this news, PASSING STRANGE is a front-runner for the Best Score Tony.

(and if PASSING STRANGE takes the Belasco, then [title of show] can go into Circle In The Square if SPELL

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You