News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwayfan15

Member Name: Broadwayfan15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ignored The Critics, Saw A Show, Loved It!
 Jul 4 2014, 11:19:51 PM
If/Then- loved it. The show's still in my head.
If/Then is on TDF
 May 29 2014, 09:52:21 AM
Saw it this past weekend and loved it. Helped that I had read the chatter so made sure I paid attention to the crossing story lines. Second act stuck with me emotionally.

Jerry Dixon, Jenn Colella, Jason Tam, Tamika Lawrence Join IF/THEN; Opposite Menzel, LaChanze, Rapp & Snyder
 Aug 13 2013, 01:22:12 PM
Very excited about this show- great cast! Will be headed to NYC once it opens
I think I just fell in Love with Megan Hilty!
 May 26 2013, 12:15:29 PM
I saw her with the Boston Pops too and totally agree. She's a rising mega star. A good thing about Smash is that I noticed her talent and am now a fan. Can't wait for her next project, stage or TV.
Marry Me a Little - Revised Song List? Previews?
 Sep 24 2012, 09:22:42 PM
I saw it last week. Definitely more of an older crowd who I don't think were wowed by the contemporary show. I enjoyed it; but left feeling a bit disappointed. The ending was abrupt. I wanted to know more about the characters. But now days later, I'm still thinking about the show, the songs are in my head; wishing I could see it again. Lauren Molina and her cello were perfect as was Jason Tam.
Lysistrata Jones ... ?
 Feb 1 2012, 09:02:59 PM
Something is definitely up. Hope so. Loved the show. It deserves new life.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 16 2011, 10:10:59 PM
Thank you NYC - well said. I truly hope people give it a change. It's a whole lot of fun. Thought Broadway was supposed to make people's spirits rise. That's Lysistrada Jones. Nice to see an original, non-Disney show make it.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 15 2011, 10:42:15 AM
It's absolutely not junk. As a woman who is pretty fed up with the way women are portrayed in most media, I was not offended at all. Just the opposite. Lysistrada held the power and it wasn't just over sex. She wanted people to care and reach for the stars. In the end, she won the basketball game not the guys. Hardly a putdown on women. And along the way, she motivated the characters to actively join the world by leaving their stereotypic boxes. Bravo for Lyssie Jones. Hope people give the show
LJ must be amazing
 Dec 11 2011, 06:33:16 PM
It's whatever you want. Can just be a fun, upbeat musical or want can delve deeper to more meaning. Loved the show from both perspectives.
LYSISTRATA JONES -- 1st Preview TOMORROW!
 Dec 11 2011, 06:29:40 PM
I agree with you Gravity 87. And, nothing wrong with using the word "insanely" talented. Loved the show, and it's alot more than just girl withholding sex to win a b ball game. Sex and power is part of it; but so is the theme of caring enough to try, to break out of the stereotypical molds that limit possibilities. High energy fun with deeper meaning if one wants to find it.
 Dec 4 2011, 09:20:09 PM
I saw it last night and had alot of fun. Wit, energy and positivity. Cast was strong- standouts were Jason Tam, Patti Murin and LaQuet Sharnell with her powerful solo. Thumbs up overall.
 Dec 4 2011, 09:17:55 PM
I saw it last night. Lots of fun with wit, high energy and a talented cast. Stand outs were Jason Tam, Patty Murin and LaQuet Sharnell. Audience was engaged and positive.
Show Advice
 Dec 4 2011, 08:55:17 PM
Saw Lysistrata Jones last night and loved it. Light and upbeat with talented youngish cast. Douglas Beane Carter's wit brings plenty of laughts
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You