News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EffieWhite

EffieWhite Profile Photo
Member Name: EffieWhite
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm staying, I'm staying, and you, and you, and you, you're gonna love me!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Salvation: A Rock Musical  Aug 18 2006, 02:33:02 PM
Bette Midler was in SALVATION, although not in the original cast. She replaced Marta Heflin. If I remember correctly, the score contains Ronnie Dyson singing "If You Let Me Make Love To You" which actually hit the charts.
re: Strickland may be dropped from Tarzan sooner than later...  May 14 2006, 01:36:54 PM
Guy from what movie, Effie? We can't exactly get a cartoon to play Tarzan on Broadway.

Its called humor Elphie.

(good lord)

re: Strickland may be dropped from Tarzan sooner than later...  May 14 2006, 10:46:12 AM
They should just get the guy from the movie!!!!!!!!
re: 'HOT FEET' Will Suprise you!....Two questions.............  May 10 2006, 01:29:48 PM
Candida, just face it, you are ALONE on this one.
re: What kind of reviews you think Hot Feet will open to?  Apr 29 2006, 12:37:03 PM
Please forgive me, but when I read comment like those of EffieWhite, even if I agree with some of the sentiment, it really reminds me of a whole lot of "Theater" students that never create but sit back and throw darts.
I bet when he sings happy birthday at Fridays he wants everyone in the resturaunt to quiet down and listen to his big number!

That's pretty funny NYGUY! You can't even VAGUELY imagine how wrong you are, in my case, but it was still pretty funny!

re: What kind of reviews you think Hot Feet will open too?  Apr 27 2006, 10:57:01 AM
THANK YOU NYCDNCR!!! YOU WROTE THE POST THAT I WANTED TO WRITE BUT I HAVE LOST MY WILL TO LIVE AFTER SITTING THRU "HOT FEET". THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT SO WELL FOR ME!!!
re: I Hadn't Seen So Many 6-Packs Since I Went To The A&P - Spoiler  Apr 26 2006, 06:56:06 PM
Amateur garbage being thrust upon unsuspecting theatre-goers at $110 a pop doesn't deserve ANYTHING!
re: I Hadn't Seen So Many 6-Packs Since I Went To The A&P - Spoiler  Apr 26 2006, 05:33:50 PM
When I saw the show Keith David was walking thru it stumbling over lines as if he had never even rehearsed. The dancers are wonderful--the choreography is hideous. The onstage singers are wonderful--their songs are awful. The hit songs that we know and love are sung my mediocre pit singers. This, combined with the worst book in Broadway history, makes for a wretched evening that should be avoided by all.
re: Do you think Hot Feet will win a Tony for its choreography?  Apr 23 2006, 01:15:54 AM
If HOT FEET wins ANY Tony Awards it will mean the end of musical theatre as we know it.
re: mary testa  Feb 7 2006, 05:59:32 PM
well if there is a God they will give her DOLLY LEVI at the PAPERMILL.
re: A CHORUS LINE...  Jan 25 2006, 10:03:34 AM
It is common knowledge among those of us who actually WORK in the theatre that Ms. Daniele was completely responsible for ALL of the musical staging in RAGTIME--just as she really co-directed and choreographed PIRATES (in a seminal production that changed the way that show has been staged ever since)and DROOD due to the failing health of the director.
re: A CHORUS LINE...  Jan 24 2006, 05:43:15 PM
Mme. Daniele as Margo Channing refers to her has directed and/or choreographed PIRATES, THE RINK, DROOD, ONCE ON THIS ISLAND and RAGTIME. And yet he refers to her as a third rate talent with inferior ideas. You know just because someone writes REALLY LONG posts doesn't mean that they have the slightest idea what they are talking about.
re: naked boys singing?  Jan 11 2006, 05:17:08 PM
They are now doing a slightly cut down version of the show and have made it a one-act. So you don't have to worry about either leaving or getting a woody at intermission!
re: Dessa Rose???  Jan 11 2006, 01:55:50 PM
"But A&F's material never connects. "
"Oh, EffieWhite, if countering ridiculous, over-the-top assessments like Suskin's with a dose of reality is being hateful, I can live with that."

Anyone who thinks that A&F's material never connects (ONCE ON THIS ISLAND never connects?!?!?!?) can obviously live with anything!

re: Dessa Rose???  Jan 11 2006, 10:11:46 AM
Well its good to see that THE ENCHANTED HUNTER (known as ScottSimms on the other board) is spreading his hateful, ignorant venom here as well!!!!!
re: matt cavenaugh  Jan 4 2006, 05:07:35 PM
My avatar tells me that yes, he is indeed in rehearsal for GREY GARDENS at Playwrites Horizons
re: Grey Gardens  Dec 18 2005, 11:29:20 PM
John McMartin, Matt Cavenaugh, Jennifer Laura Thompson, Bob Stillman.
re: Malcolm Gets  Nov 28 2005, 02:18:58 PM
He is on his way to SUNDANCE to do a workshop of DOLL by Michael Korie and Scott Frankel directed by Lonny Price with EMILY SKINNER, MARY TESTA, BRENT BARRETT, RUTH GOTTSCHALL, DAN SHARKEY, STEVE ROUTMAN, MARK VIETOR, ALICIA IRVING and EMILY RABON HALL.
re: Michael Hunsacker  Oct 18 2005, 10:20:54 AM
He appeared off-Broadway in David Friedman's LISTEN TO MY HEART and is on his way to Palo Alto to do Cinderella's Prince in INTO THE WOODS with Christianne Noll and Thursday Farrar.
re: Does Terrence McNally poop out a play a minute?  Sep 28 2005, 03:40:23 PM
I was just wondering SueleenGay, Melissa Errico Fan, Margo Channing--how many Broadway plays have YOU written? How many Tony awards do YOU have? Do you ever make YOURSELF sick?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You