News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iliketheater

iliketheater Profile Photo
Member Name: iliketheater
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Does anyone know if Ragtime was filmed?  Dec 30 2009, 10:08:20 AM
I hope so too. I've been out of the loop for a while, was there even a cast recording made?
Does anyone know if Ragtime was filmed?  Dec 30 2009, 09:57:54 AM
Sadly I'm out of town for the final performances, I'm hoping I can see it somehow! Will it be at LCL?
re: THE WIZ Reviews  Jun 20 2009, 01:55:48 AM
I saw it two nights ago. I used to watch that movie everyday, and I have a real soft-spot for this show. I didn't hate this production, but it needs some work.

I agree with a lot of what's been said..

The GOOD - the 3 witches are fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed all three of them and wanted to see more. The tinman is a wonderful wonderful part of the show; the dancers are great. I liked the lion, I didn't have a problem with the scarecrow, he had a lot of funny moments.
<

re: Delicious Audra McDonald quotes in the new EW magazine!  Feb 29 2008, 01:51:13 AM
People are stupid. Audra's practically perfect - and gorgeous. The end.
re: Movin' Out Worth Seeing?  Feb 26 2008, 10:10:37 PM
YES. (and as someone else said, make a day of it! Even if you don't, I still think it's worth it)
re: Have you ever fallen asleep in a Broadway show?  Feb 26 2008, 10:03:51 PM
Almost, during julius cesar (with denzel)
re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 26 2008, 04:17:52 PM
Yea, cutting the afro was a huge mistake; and I also was really bothered that they cut her huge monologue on why she wanted to be a doctor. I agree that taking so many moments out of the house (*especially* when the money is lost), was a mistake.

But as I said before, this piece is just so powerful... even with some bad cuts, bad camera angles, bad underscoring, and a miscast Walter... I still enjoyed it .

Now that's good writing. (and acting, for the most part)

re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 25 2008, 11:05:56 PM
The end of this play (/movie) is so beautiful. It gets me every time. I really enjoyed it over-all, but I do wish that a few things hadn't been cut out. O well.

Brava to the women!

re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 25 2008, 10:51:54 PM
That last scene made combs ok for me. But honestly I'm still greatly bothered that this opportunity was given to him when there are so many black actors who would kill for this.

The underscoring has been really distracting, and the editing over-all has bothering me a lot. A lot of important moments have been rushed.

re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 25 2008, 10:34:59 PM
I think someone said that a dvd will be released. And I wouldn't be surprised if ABC re-airs it.

re: Edges: worth seeing?  Feb 23 2008, 10:36:19 PM
Yes. I haven't seen the show but I'm a big fan of the music. I'm also a fan of Farah Alvin, she's fantastic.
re: Raisin in the Sun on Oprah....  Feb 23 2008, 10:34:52 PM
Seeing this revival on Broadway was an experience I will NEVER forget. I can not wait for Monday.
re: Broadway Shows on TV?  Feb 5 2008, 10:04:48 PM
There's the film adaptation of "A Raisin in the Sun" in a few weeks, but I'm not sure of any other shows that are being broadcast.
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 26 2007, 01:50:20 AM
HBC's singing was distracting.

Alan Rickman was fantastic, these are the roles he's made for.

I was delightfully surprised with Depp's vocal abilities.

Overall I enjoyed the film.

re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07  Aug 24 2007, 09:33:32 PM
<--- excited.

re: best opening lyric  Aug 10 2007, 01:26:00 AM
You're right, B3TA07, technically two of my examples are dialogue. Please forgive me for any trauma or chaos that resulted from my inaccuracy.

re: best opening lyric  Aug 10 2007, 12:34:02 AM
POP,SIX,SQUISH,UH OH, CICERO; LIPSCHITZ.
re: best opening lyric  Aug 10 2007, 12:27:32 AM
Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright... cause I only have eyes for you (can this count?)

HERE SHE IS BOYS - HERE SHE IS WOLRD.... HERE'S ROSE!!!!

Is it really me?

Daddy always said that he married beneath him.

... I'm not that smart.

In the mists of this nothing, this mess of a life, still there's this wanting just to see you go by.

Daddy played paino, played it very well.

re: What You'll Miss the Most About City Center's GYPSY  Aug 2 2007, 01:56:04 AM
I'm really going to miss the trumpet soloist at the end of the overture... who was he???
re: My Thoughts on GREASE (unbelievable long, pee before you read)  Aug 2 2007, 01:27:48 AM
Great review - Thanks Yankee*
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You