News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for starletta8

Member Name: starletta8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DRS tour in Pittsburgh
 Jan 24 2007, 12:50:30 AM
I'm totally exhausted and won't be able to put together much coherent thought. I JUST got back from opening night in Pittsburgh. (Granted, I live 50ish miles away... but still).

Let's just say that things didn't exactly start on a positive note. There was approximately a 40 minute technical delay before the show and an extended intermission. From what I could figure out (based on knowing the show, the set, and the noises I was hearing), the turntable died.

Once they got the

re: DRS tour review! 1/21/07
 Jan 22 2007, 09:45:25 PM
I'm glad to hear that the show's still in good shape, scaled-back or not. I'll be honest, I'm a bit nervous about the new set. I'm seeing opening night in Pittsburgh tomorrow, so I'll be able to comment on the current tour v the Broadway production.

(It's hard to believe it's been more than 4 months since I've seen the show.)

re: Audra Ann on PBS Tonight @ 8
 Oct 14 2006, 01:51:06 PM
It was fantastic. My PBS affiliate decided to play it at 2 and 4am today, for whatever reason.

Thank God for DVD-burning tivos. :)

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Closing 9/3
 Aug 18 2006, 12:14:59 AM
Yes, the writing was on the wall since July 16, but that doesn't mean that this is any less sad. This show has a special place in many people's hearts, and I'm quite upset that it won't be there the next time I get to NY. It certainly helped me smile through a rather difficult year and a bit in my life. While I'm hoping to travel in for the last performance, it's not guarenteed.

This show was what Broadway needed more of- entertaining, appealing to many different demographics, and no

re: Greg's Last DRS Show
 Jul 23 2006, 09:53:45 PM
Ditto.

It was so emotional that I need a bit of distance before I can even post a review. What a way to say goodbye to New York.

Edit: I should specify that I'm also leaving the area, not just a crazy DRS fan.

re: Best Physical Performance Of A Number...
 Jul 22 2006, 01:54:45 PM
I agree with everyone who brought up Norbert.

Not a musical, but Sarah Jones in Bridge and Tunnel... amazing. She physically became all of those characters, mannerisms and all, in a few seconds. I've never seen anything like it.

re: Brian D'Arcy James and Keith Carradine, the new Scoundrels, start tonig
 Jul 20 2006, 11:23:00 PM
They, in fact, did not perform tonight. According to the BO, they start tomorrow.

I saw Brian D'arcy James out on the street before the show. I was tempted to ask him when he was starting and pass on general well-wishes, but didn't want to bug him because he was talking to someone.

FYI, Dennis Parlato and Timothy J. Alex went on tonight.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/16/2006
 Jul 18 2006, 04:37:14 PM
Oh, Sweeney...

Congrats to just about everyone else!

I'll be interested to see how the next few weeks trend for DRS.

re: Favorite show-stopper?
 Jul 16 2006, 08:04:17 PM
"Statues and Stories" literally stopped the final Piazza. It was the first time I'd ever seen anything like it. A few people gave Victoria Clark a standing O when she entered, but the applause after that number went on for several minutes and they just could not continue.

"Dirty Rotten Number" today certainly stopped the show. Norbert Leo Butz and Jonathan Pryce got the entire audience on its feet after the song (though the applause started after "I think we still deserve a hand") an

re: Final Day to see Norbert Leo Butz and Jonathan Pryce in Dirty Rotten S
 Jul 16 2006, 07:57:41 PM
There were a lot of small changes to the show, but nothing huge. It felt right that way- nobody was goofing off too much to distract from the show (unlike final performances of another widely popular show). You could tell that something was special, but it wasn't to the detriment of those who happened to randomly buy tickets to this performance (like the people next to me, who had never seen the show before).
re: Final Day to see Norbert Leo Butz and Jonathan Pryce in Dirty Rotten S
 Jul 16 2006, 07:01:35 PM
It was amazing.

They got a standing O after "Dirty Rotten" and poor Norbert got choked up and had a hard time finishing the show at first.

Edit: OK, I'll post a few more of the details.

Great audience today. Everyone got entrance applause, including Greg. There was a LOT of WOOing after songs, which always is a good sign.

Lots of extra humping during the Ruprecht scene. Norbert fishing the goldfish out of the toilet also made a return. The ad-libbing went

re: DRS: Norbert's Last Performance N.Y. 15/07 PLEASE POST!!!!
 Jul 15 2006, 10:28:42 PM
*head.desk*

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=903770&dt=35

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=904279&dt=5

You're a day off.

re: Bway Under the stars
 Jul 15 2006, 08:32:56 PM
Nope.

It's a one-time-only special only in the NY area.

re: Ok... So who is going to 'DRS' Sunday??
 Jul 15 2006, 07:52:53 PM
Not to be a pain, but there are several other threads on this subject on the first page. Searching does a person good.

Edit: My mistake, this had gotten bumped to the top of the second page. Still, it was at the top of the second page.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=903770&dt=35

Jul 15 2006, 07:43:04 PM
It had rained like crazy that day and the humidity was still at least 90%. It felt like a swamp!

Now, I appreciate the talent behind the new version of "All I Ask of You." But really? Was that the best song to do that to?

Now, why did they cut off Cerveris? Grr...

Jul 15 2006, 07:36:18 PM
If you'll recall, it was a disgusting evening that night.

It's recorded from a live concert in Central Park. Not everything is going to look flawless. That's the nature of live performances outside in the summer!

Jul 15 2006, 07:23:09 PM
Maybe because it's hard to sing properly with a girdle.

I thought she looked fine.

And sounded great.

Edit: And here's Stritch.

[title of show] is back and wonderful
 Jul 15 2006, 12:23:32 AM
I never got around to seeing [title of show] during its first run, even though it sounded like something fun. I was glad to get a ticket to tonight's performance, the first of this new run.

It's fantastic.

The woman next to me was laughing so loudly that I almost couldn't hear at times. I was up front, but the audio seemed very quiet. I saw some wires, so I guess the actors were miced. But it didn't sound like the mics were turned on. The quiet audio was the only part of t

re: Best OFF-Bway shows right now
 Jul 15 2006, 12:19:22 AM
[title of show]

It's amazing.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/9/2006
 Jul 11 2006, 09:09:34 AM
Yikes.

When I was at Sweeney last week, it was full except for the last few rows of rear mezz (they moved everyone up). I thought it must've been doing so well.

Inishmore continues to drop- not a good sign for plays on Broadway.

And I thought Faith Healer was pretty much sold out?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You