News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sesot

sesot Profile Photo
Member Name: sesot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Book of Mormon tour  Feb 1 2014, 02:29:05 PM
There are limited view seats available on the far left orchestra for the Book of Mormon at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta for $70. Just wondering how much would be missed if I get the tickets? I know y'all may not be familiar with the Fox but any knowledge of the show or how the touring production has been done may give me the info I'm looking for.
The Tonys and CBS Atlanta  Jun 10 2013, 01:10:46 PM
They had to apologize for this huge error after receiving over 400 facebook complaint posts and multiple email and twitter complaints. Apparently CBS Atlanta stopped answering the phone last night due to all the complaints. I don't think the backlash would have been as bad if their initial attempt to rectify the situation wasn't the pitiful announcement of the winners below by the news anchor. If you haven't seen it, watch it for a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBp1QotDyqQ&feature=youtu.be

CBS  Jun 10 2013, 01:56:55 AM
This is CBS Atlanta's pathetic attempt to inform the viewers of the awards they missed so we could hear the weather report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBp1QotDyqQ&feature=youtu.be

Have y'all heard of The Horton Footes " The Trip To Beautiful Pippin, Bountiful Pippin " or "Kenny Boots"? Those shows were apparently the big winners of the night.

It's bad enough they cut the show off before it's over, but then they can even report the names of the winners correctly. It's not like this is some tiny city without a theatre community.

CBS  Jun 10 2013, 12:26:07 AM
I live in Atlanta too and couldn't believe it happened either! Based on my twitter timeline and posts here, CBS Atlanta seems to be the only stupid station! They never would interrupt a sporting event and should be ashamed they did it to a big awards show. There was only 1 award left, a big one at that.There is just no excuse!
The Official TONY Awards Thread  Jun 9 2013, 11:27:58 PM
Random request, but does anyone have video of the Awards show after Pippin won best revival? CBS Atlanta cut the show off and went to the news before the end of the show. I read who won, but would like to see the reactions and the end of the show as well. I am so angry and can't believe they did it! I know they would never cut off a sporting event. CBS runs late all the time, don't understand why they couldn't wait a few minutes for the final award of the night
Musical Help  Jun 28 2012, 01:45:39 AM
We have tickets to see Newsies, Porgy and Bess, and Anything Goes. If you had to pick 1 more musical from the following choices which one would you pick: Sister Act, Nice Work If you Can Get It, Spider-Man, or Rock of Ages? Please explain why you would select one over the others. All opinions welcome and appreciated!

THANKS in Advance!!!

Best seats for Newsies?  May 15 2012, 11:17:40 PM
I am coming to New York in June with my dad and we both want to see Newsies. He uses a walker, so we probably need to get orchestra seats unless there is an elevator. If we get seats on the left or right orchestra, will we miss anything? Is this a production that is better if you sit further back than in the first 3-5 rows? Any comments would be appreciated.
re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie  Jan 25 2011, 12:13:21 AM
I agree it was a bad movie, but Taylor Swift made it even worse. It was just sad!!
re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie  Jan 24 2011, 03:50:08 AM
If the Taylor Swift is in this movie, it will be awful!I know she is a star, but she can't act or sing. She was horrible in Valentine's Day. She may be a talented song writer but she really can't sing. I don't think a musical should be auto- tuned.There are some movie stars that can both sing and act, or better yet, take a chance and put a real Broadway actor in the movie.
re: Adam Lambert on the AMAs  Dec 3 2009, 12:04:17 AM
The backlash from Adam's performance continues. ABC has cancelled 2 more appearances in addition to his GMA performance. They cancelled new years Eve and a Jimmy Kimmel performance.

Adam has admitted he didn't sing in tune and said he just got carried away in the moment and was having fun at the AMAs. He hasn't directly apologized, doubt ABC would care if he did. What a way to kick off his career and album release. They say there is no such thing as bad publicity; it will be interesti

BIG BROTHER 11  Aug 9 2009, 04:50:01 PM
I hope Jeff is smart enough to use the power and put up Jessie and Nat. If he doesn't he will lose any chance he has of winning the game. I wonder if the rest of the guests will be smart enoutgh to vote Jessie out?

If Jeff uses the power, will he still be eligible to play in the HOH contest?

re: Newsies is finally coming to the stage....  Dec 13 2008, 05:31:38 PM
I hope this is for real this time!
re: ITH Appr. for a 6 year old  Jun 12 2008, 10:49:04 PM
I would take her to see mary Poppins or Lion king over The Little Mermaid, they are both better productions. I think a lot of In the Heights would be over her head. I agree that Hairspray is another one to consider. Personally, I don't think Cry baby is appropriate for a 6 year ld, but yet again most of it will be over her head. A chorus line is not appropriate.
re: JAYSTARR!! (and Scaryotypes) !! OMG!! We are mentioned...  Jun 9 2008, 12:54:10 AM
Very Cool!
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on CRY-BABY (with stage door photos)  Jun 8 2008, 01:31:30 PM
Jay you are dead on with your review. The best part about this show is the choreography and Mr. Spencer Liff. As Jay stated, throughout most of this show, I found myself paying more attention to the ensemble dancing vs the main characters. I hope Rob Ashford wins the Tony for best choreography. Anyone who is a fan of dancing should see this show. Chestor Gregory got on my nerves after a while, his character needed more development, but then again several of the characters needed more develop
re: crybaby cast cd  Jun 1 2008, 06:41:08 PM
Saw the show this afternoon, Elizabeth Stanley said they have not recorded one yet, and as of today no word if and when they will. She said the cast is keeping their fingers crossed it will happen soon.
re: Musicals/Cast Albums in Your iTunes Library  May 27 2008, 07:29:56 PM
2/3 of my Itunes library is made up of musicals. I'm too lazy to type all of them. I have tons of cds, but have yet to take the time to download most of them, with the exception of my OBC recordings since they are the ones I listen to the most and actually enjoy almost if not all songs.
re: I guess it's official- Wicked Chicago to Close 1/2009  May 26 2008, 05:42:05 PM
Look at the Broadway grosses, Wicked in NYC isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....  May 25 2008, 11:58:53 PM
FYI, some of the cast will be on the View this Thursday.

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?  May 25 2008, 07:12:53 PM
Without any hesitation- CATS! How that show lasted on Broadway for so many years is beyond me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You