News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rob_hanson1979

rob_hanson1979 Profile Photo
Member Name: rob_hanson1979
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Long-running shows you've never seen on Broadway  Dec 4 2014, 02:18:20 PM
All the shows mentioned, I have seen, but mostly the touring casts, not on Broadway.
I have seen Phantom on broadway. I wasn't really interested in seeing Chicago again, but last March I saw it when Bebe Neuwirth rejoined the cast as Mama. The show was better than the touring casts I've seen.

Billy Elliot LIVE!  Dec 4 2014, 12:43:19 PM
I've seen the show a lot, and love it!
I thought Billy Live was really good. I thought some of the differences in London worked better, and some North American changes were better. Was interesting to see the difference though.
I also had some nitpicks about the camera work (trying to zoom on on faces during dance scenes when they should be showing the full body) but overall it's great to see it on the big screen.
Ultimately, I think the Ogunquit production was by far the best I'v

Billy Elliot the Musical Live  Sep 18 2014, 11:36:51 PM
I'm sure North America will get a release. I can't wait!
TKTS Lately?  Sep 16 2014, 11:34:07 PM
I try and buy my tickets from the South Street Seaport, since its hardly any wait, and the tickets go on sale before Times Square... therefore you end up with better seats.
First show seen on broadway?  Sep 16 2014, 11:30:13 PM
The first Broadway show I saw was The Who's Tommy in Toronto.
The first show I saw on Broadway was Thoroughly Modern Millie.

IS LOVE NEVER DIES COMING TO BROADWAY?????  Sep 16 2014, 07:05:32 AM
I saw Love Never Dies in Sydney, and it was actually pretty good. There are definitely some negatives, and sure ALW bastardizes most of the characters... but it's not THAT bad.
I think Till I Hear You Sing Once More is one of the more beautiful songs ALW has written.

Good musicals of the past ten years?  Sep 3 2014, 01:22:39 AM
I am with Someone in a Tree2... I think Billy Elliot is one of the best things to come along in ages. It quickly has become my favorite show, and I've seen it numerous times with numerous casts. I have loved it every time. From the music to the inspirational story to the brilliant acting from the actors(I was still playing with lego when I was 12, certainly not starring in a broadway musical), I think the show is fantastic.
Some other shows I've really enjoyed are Wicked, Newsies, and Tho

Pippin Tickets  Sep 3 2014, 01:11:41 AM
Twice I've grabbed tickets to Pippin through TKTS. Both times the seats were very good. When I first saw the show, I was really impressed and it far exceeded my expectations. While the show doesn't have the hype of some of the other major broadway musicals, I found the theatre to be quite full, and I think everyone really enjoyed it.
Broadway up close walking tours  Sep 3 2014, 01:03:10 AM
I came across this post and although it is quite old, I wanted to mention to you all that I did find this tour on playbill.com, read the tripadvisor reviews, and then booked the tour. I did the tour a couple weeks ago and in my own opinion, it was as great as the reviews indicate. The guide was very friendly and personable, and he certainly knew his stuff. For people who are interested in the history of broadway, or even the history of the city, I think you'll find this is a good way to spend
Songs That Have Moved You To Tears  Mar 30 2014, 09:59:36 AM
For me, it's The Letter from Billy Elliot. It always gets me choked up.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You