News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dededarlin

Member Name: dededarlin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Prayers to a fellow actor
 Apr 2 2005, 05:23:41 PM
munkustrap...I'm sorry if I came on so strong. I just get tired of people who are ignorant about the church's beliefs and still are against them. obviously, you have a different idea of the church than i do. i'm sorry you have such negative feelings toward the church and I am sorry if i offended you.
 Apr 2 2005, 05:02:11 PM
munkustrap, what Catholic education have you had? what do you know about Catholicism besides what you have heard from the media? you are the one spreading hatred at this point.
 Apr 2 2005, 04:13:32 PM
Have you ever been to a Catholic mass?
re: Your One Song
 Apr 1 2005, 10:14:59 PM
"No One is Alone" from Into the Woods
ITW was my first show, and my all-time favorite. I sing "No One is Alone" for auditions, I did it for my first voice recital, I've changed it into a monolouge for a project...whenever i need a song, i use it, and i've never stopped loving it. it's just so beautiful. that sondheim.

re: Most expressive voice?
 Apr 1 2005, 09:58:28 PM
gosh, Judy was pretty freakin' amazing, wasn't she? I just had to reiterate that point, even though she has already been mentioned numerous times.

ah, Bernadette too.

re: Vassar Powerhouse Theatre
 Mar 28 2005, 06:59:22 PM
oh! one more thing...are most of the apprentices in college, or is it a mix of college and highschool ages?
 Mar 28 2005, 06:53:32 PM
thanks for responding! I do have a couple questions if ya'll could answer them for me... i'm from louisiana, so i intially thought that i would fly up there. but now i'm thinking it would be much easier to drive and have my car with me. what do you think? also, about how many people are in the acting program, and how do they cast the apprentice shows? did you feel like you learned alot? haha, i hope it doesn't seem like I am interrogating you...i am just curious about it. thanks for your h
 Mar 28 2005, 03:34:43 PM
yeah, it was March 14...but they might still be accepting applications. i'm not sure
Vassar Powerhouse Theatre
 Mar 28 2005, 01:04:32 PM
I just got accepted into the Vassar Powerhouse apprentice training program for this summer. I am trying to get more information on it. Have any of you gone to a Powerhouse production, or do you know anything about the program? I am so excited about it! If you have any info, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
re: POLITICS AND WICKED
 Aug 25 2004, 06:40:58 PM
im a republican, and i love them both. might love avenue q more....i like Bush, but i think that line is funny. who really cares?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: elp
 Mar 16 2004, 08:20:02 PM
this may be a stupid question, but is there any possibility that all of these bloopers and breaking of characters could affect a tony win? do ya'll think it is even a factor? just wondering.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Has Mus
 Jan 21 2004, 09:39:52 PM
i can't say musical theatre has necessarily changed my life...more like it has always been such a passion of mine...it has made my life. Theatre is so intertwined with my life and being... that i know i would be a completely different person without it. and that is a person i do not want to fathom.
just wanted to share that...i know it wasn't totally on the topic

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Guilty Pleasure Shows
 Jan 3 2004, 12:30:51 AM
seussical. it had me smiling the entire time, and every time i listen to the cd (quite frequently), i smile..
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Childhood Inspirations
 Dec 30 2003, 07:22:50 PM
yeah, Mary Martin in Peter Pan was my obsession as a toddler. we have home videos of me mimicking her at 2 years old. my family says i watched it atleast 4 times a week. thats a bit frightening.
then came Judy Garland, Bernadette in Into the Woods, and Julie Andrews.

re: re: 100 Greatest Musicals. You gotta take a look at this....
 Dec 28 2003, 11:24:47 PM
aaarrghh. ignorance.....this thing irritates the crap out of me
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: interesting gypsy news
 Dec 19 2003, 06:37:29 PM
there are a lot of rumors going around that she is going to extend her contract.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: tonys
 Nov 17 2003, 11:28:18 PM
oh gosh, the old bernadette/marissa arguement again. i am a serious bernadette fan, so ofcourse i wished she would have won, and i saw Gypsy, and thought she was astounding as Mama Rose...so i felt she indeed deserved the tony. But then again, i never saw Hairspray, so i can't compare. One thing though... I am sure both of them will have more chances to win another Tony, so maybe we can just take it as we wish and forget about it! :)
re: re: re: re: Between these musicals, which one would you pick and why?
 Nov 16 2003, 01:06:19 AM
into the woods.....the score simply amazes me. everytime i watch it, i understand yet another message in the show. The amount of depth and different layers are astounding. i seriously love this show. a true masterpeice.
tonys
 Nov 16 2003, 12:59:50 AM
anyone have any tony nomination predictions yet for this coming year?
re: periods and commas, more than you wanted to know
 Nov 11 2003, 12:59:13 AM
Ya'll....does it really matter that much? ok, so people don't use correct English or spelling...i guess i just don't see what the big deal is. who really cares? it is quite amusing though! just a thought.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You