News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for angelovett

angelovett Profile Photo
Member Name: angelovett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 24 2012, 05:12:19 AM
For those those of you interested, I just got in line and there are about 30 to 40 people in line at the moment
Some of the people on this board amaze me sometimes....
 Jul 4 2012, 03:11:57 AM
So, even though you'll probably hate me for not reading the full script and listening to every song, I figured I'd give your show a fair shot and went to the website and started by listening to the overture. I've only seen Phantom once quite a few years ago, but even so that overture reminded me a lot of ALW's music, so I find it hard to believe that a decent chunk of it, unintentional or otherwise, isn't borrowed.

Then I tried listening to "The Living Corpse" and I'm not quite sure

TheatreDiva90016
 Jun 14 2012, 03:37:40 AM
And to think I thought not being able to sleep tonight would be completely miserable.
How Many People Were Introduced To Broadway Through The INTO THE WOODS Broa
 Apr 27 2012, 09:58:43 PM
Though I was too young see it when it originally aired on PBS, a recording of the production was the first real taste of musical theater I ever had and certainly the moment I fell in love with it as an art form. I remember being excited when I purchased my own copy of the production and OBCR so I could listen to it over and over again because I loved how clever the lyrics were. Though, looking back, there were so many bits of word play I didn't appreciate until I got older.

Into the

Worst Fake Signed Playbill I have ever seen
 Jan 29 2012, 01:17:34 AM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Either the first version she posted has been taken down or she changed the description, but originally it stated she got the signatures during previews of Wicked.
Worst Fake Signed Playbill I have ever seen
 Jan 29 2012, 01:05:08 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was curious as to who named Wicked the musical of the decade as the top of the poster quotes and it seems to be from a 2009 Entertainment Weekly article which would put this poster a hell of a lot later than the previews it was originally claimed to be signed during. Though I don't think anyone was doubting it was fake to begin with.
Entrance Applause
 Jan 8 2012, 05:44:33 PM
Normally I'm fine with entrance applause in musicals since you applaud throughout the show anyway, but the one time it annoyed me was Follies in DC. The guy next to me clearly wanted to applaud someone (I assume Elaine since Bernadette's entrance is pretty obvious), but since we were in the mezzanine I guess he hard a hard time making them out and so every time anyone entered during the opening he'd start with an awkward, is-this-her slow clap, then the people around him would get confused thin
So--who will replace Bernadette?
 Dec 22 2011, 06:07:17 PM
I can't decide if Ellen Greene would be amazing or absolutely awful as Sally.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You