News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for followspot

followspot Profile Photo
Member Name: followspot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 8 2018, 12:55:33 PM

I am a civilized and considerate theatergoer, and therefore only ever eat a small cellophane-wrapped hard candy during a theatrical performance.  I keep them at the very bottom of my zippered purse, and unzip/dig/rezip only when I need one, which is every 20 minutes (oddly, only during theatrical performances).  I unwrap each candy as slowly as possible – usually taking a full 5 to 10 minutes each – so as not to disturb anyone (thank goodness the

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 6 2018, 02:04:23 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I didn't know there were so many straight male ballet dancers!"

Lot666: I have to admit that I had the same reaction when reading this story. And I'm gay.

... because nothing says "straight" quite like a bunch of guys wanting to watch videos of each other having sex  winkQuestion: Are ensemble members TECHNICALLY eligible for featured Tonys?  May 3 2018, 10:25:10 AM

The only recent show I can think of that this might have applied to is AFTER MIDNIGHT

2018 Tony Eligibility Rulings, Round #4 (FINAL)  Apr 27 2018, 01:44:33 PM

Three Tall Women was part of a past ruling. Only Glenda is Leading.

Thanks LesWickedly! :)

2018 Tony Eligibility Rulings, Round #4 (FINAL)  Apr 27 2018, 01:36:32 PM

No mention of THREE TALL WOMEN.  Does this mean that Jackson, Metcalf, and Pill (all above-title) are all in the Best Actress category?  (Or did I miss something?)

Why no Demand for Frozen? Any Thoughts ?  Apr 19 2018, 02:44:52 PM

THREE TALL WOMEN (2018) Previews  Mar 23 2018, 03:17:54 AM

A remarkable play given a once-in-a-lifetime production.  No praise high enough for what Joe Mantello has orchestrated and achieved.  Kudos and gratitude to everyone involved.

Angels in America- TDF Locations  Feb 27 2018, 06:03:49 PM

Row M mezzanine.  Have to say, first time I've been extremely disappointed with TDF ticket placement.  Especially after reading now what everyone else has received  Harrumph.

I'll try to focus instead on the many times I've received jaw-droppingly amazing seats from them.  But then again I didn't spend 8 hours in those

Entrances That Give You Chills  Feb 25 2018, 11:44:22 PM

Joanna Lumley in La Bête.  Unforgettable.

Who Sang The  Feb 21 2018, 11:19:01 AM

"With one look — I'll be — maaaaaaay!"  

Sardi's Caricatures  Jun 2 2017, 08:01:20 PM

Sardi's Caricatures  Jun 2 2017, 07:56:38 PM

Most Underrated, Overlooked Production of the 16-17 Season?  May 20 2017, 10:36:54 AM

Les Liaisons Dangereuses

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Mar 14 2017, 12:47:14 PM

BB113

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Mar 14 2017, 12:23:08 PM

Regarding the $69 "Partial View" row of seats in the Barrow Street Theater mezzanine, be forewarned that they should more accurately be called "No View" seats, or even more accurately "Standing Room," as all 16 of us in this row needed to stand for the entire show in order to actually SEE the show.  Oddly enough, this is then an excellent view (of an excellent production), save for missing action at the top of the staircase.  (In short: "Partial View" if standing, "No View" if sitting.)  Pic is from eye level in a normal seated position.

Donna Karger gone from OnStage?  Feb 4 2017, 02:14:05 PM

From a recent Michael Musto column:

In the throng of press [for Sunset Blvd] was NY1’s Frank DiLella, so I asked him if the new format of their theater show, OnStage, will stick. (They had shot two episodes at Chez Josephine, where Broadway stars popped up and the hosts feigned surprise.) “No,” he said. “The show we did from London—throwing to news packages from an actual theater—is how it’s going to be. And the

Effie, I'm tired. It's all over.  Jan 14 2017, 12:55:18 PM

We all know which statement is the real Jennifer Holliday.  

(Hint: It's not the one whose author misspelled Holliday.)

[EDIT: Spelling now corrected on the Wrap website.  PR applications now being accepted.]

Effie, I'm tired. It's all over.  Jan 14 2017, 11:48:58 AM

"I sincerely apologize for my lapse of judgement, for being uneducated on the issues that affect every American at this crucial time in history and for causing such dismay and heartbreak to my fans.

Please know that I HEAR YOU and I feel your pain. The LGBT Community was mostly responsible for birthing my career and I am deeply indebted to you… You have loved me faithfully and unconditionally and for so many years you provided me with work even though my star had long

Effie, I'm tired. It's all over.  Jan 14 2017, 11:03:03 AM

"I was like, nobody knows that I'm alive and then I decide to sing a song and I wake up and they all hate me," the Hillary Clinton supporter explained to BILLBOARD today. "I haven't even endorsed anything. I'm not singing for Donald Trump; I'm singing to welcome the people of America. He cannot be the only face that's gonna represent us. And just to have all white people up there singing is not going to be a fair representation either. So you're just saying don't go? Really? I'm just very disheartened by it that it would be so much hate.  I didn't hear any of that spewed from the Obamas.  I thought that they told us to move on and try to be hopeful and make this a smooth transition. I didn't understand that the orders were a wink and a nod to make sure that America doesn't succeed or that Trump doesn't succeed. ... I thought we were just trying to pull together.  I have been unable to see how my singing helps Donald Trump or how that does anything for America or what we're trying to do by my not singing. If we're protesting and we're going to have a show with all white people on it and nobody black's gonna be on it, I don't understand that either ... If everyone's trying to say that's the end of my career, then I guess that will have to be, but I'm going to believe that that won't be and that maybe other people will try to also see what we can do to unite the country on what little hope of togetherness we have left."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7655262/jennifer-holliday-donald-trump-inauguration-performance-interview

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 20 2016, 03:50:10 PM

Oh dear.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/review-foxs-rocky-horror-picture-show.html

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You