News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mdbro88

Member Name: mdbro88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Newsies Trading Cards?
 Aug 4 2012, 04:06:14 PM
"
By the way, although they are not the official trading cards, some of the cast members have cards they give out, including Medda... unless they've run out."

The "Medda" cards were created by a fan and given to Capathia Jenkins to hand out at the stage door. Because of that, I'm sure her supply was limited. As far as I could tell, only the "Newsies" + Kara Lindsay had official cards supplied by Disney. Fans of the other characters felt that was somewhat unfair, thus taking matters

Re:
 Jul 24 2012, 06:01:03 PM
broadway_show_fan, I need to modify what I said earlier. All of the ensemble, including Alex, are stupefyingly good. Christopher Gattelli said that he allowed each dancer to show whatever specialty move or "trick" they had in their dance vocabulary and made sure to work that moment in somehow, so I agree, they all shine as dancers. I think I was also considering stage persona, acting, ability to project to the back of the theater, etc. in my earlier comment.

For Alex, are you talking ab

Re:
 Jul 24 2012, 12:27:02 PM
I know Alex is on the faculty of the dance intensive Excel in Motion, beginning in Nov. There are several SYTYCD alums in that group. I'm fairly certain he will be an All Star this year on SYTYCD, particularly since there is a female contestant who is classically trained. I imagine Nigel is salivating to match him up with her.

"I agree that Alex didn't stand out that much. I was much more drawn to watch Ryan Steele (but who isn't?) and Evan Kasprzak rather than Alex."

Tha

Smash -- Series Discussion
 May 15 2012, 09:18:59 PM
"I'm sorry, but looking for reasons to continue rooting for her is exactly what you're doing. You are honestly trying to suggest that she chose to give Karen the ring during the most stressful moment of her life as she storms into the dressing room defeated purely by coincidence? It was 150% an attempt at sabotage, and I for one was thrilled to see it blow up in her face. I guess you missed her looking overjoyed as she crawled her way into the Marilyn costume before having to eat a big slice of
Smash - Series Discussion
 May 14 2012, 11:59:45 PM
So we're supposed to believe that within a few hours, Karen went from being passable in one number (and I thought Howl was vastly inferior to the one we heard by Ivy) to nailing every aspect of the performance, including a song learned 15 min. before the curtain went up? This is beyond fairy tale territory. Even a 13-year old in a fan-fiction forum knows not to take it that far.

I don't know if I can hang in there next season just for Borle, Odom, and Hilty. The hinges on my jaws are w

SMASH
 Feb 7 2012, 09:23:10 PM
I enjoyed the pilot the second time around. I did feel there were too many cliches, but I'm hopeful that the scripts will gain some footing as the show moves forward.

"One of the things that I did not notice the first time was that Alex Wong from 'So You Think You Can Dance' and will also be part of the Broadway musical 'Newsies', was one of the dancers in the baseball number."

I noticed Alex as well as two other SYTYCD alums in the pilot, Ellenore Scott & Thayne Jasperson

Cast Announced for NEWSIES on Broadway - Dossett, Lindsay & More!
 Jan 19 2012, 11:08:59 PM
"Weird that I'm more excited about Jess and Alex than anything else"

I'm certain that every dancer in the cast is highly skilled, but having seen these two dance live , in different venues, I know they are both technically strong. Alex with his experience in the Miami Ballet and Jess' remarkable center...makes me excited, too. A number of the dancers are unfamiliar to me, so I'm looking forward to new discoveries.
Cast Announced for NEWSIES on Broadway - Dossett, Lindsay & More!
 Jan 19 2012, 05:03:08 PM
I am happy to see the 4 So You Think You Can Dance alums in the cast. Alex Wong is an exceptional dancer and I'm happy he's well enough to dance again. We saw Jess Leprotto on the sytycd tour and along with being a skilled dancer, he was a huge presence in the group numbers. I enjoyed both Evan and Thayne during their stints on the show. All a great addition to the other wonderful dancers listed here. Can't wait to see it.
Will Newsies still be playing in Oct?
 Dec 29 2011, 04:18:46 PM
I'm quoting from showblitz.com (link below):
"Given the production’s glowing notices, it’s an unusual move to book the show for a limited rather than a more traditional open-ended run. According to Thomas Schumacher, Disney Theatrical’s producer and prexy, he’s sticking to the plan to get the title out quickly to the legit troupes that want to license it, and he expects the Broadway stint to yield hefty branding benefits."

Question: Are there rules that would prohibit Disney from go

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You