News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JakeBraith

JakeBraith Profile Photo
Member Name: JakeBraith
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Producers!/HELP!
 Sep 4 2006, 12:26:03 AM
So I was wondering if anyone knew what exactly you would call the hat in the Producers... You know, the one about which Max says "you can't wear the hat until you produce a hit" or something like that. I was going to buy one and "hat from the producers" wasn't bringing anything good up on google.

Thanks a lot!

re: Biggest 'Best Musical' Tony Upset of all time?!?!
 Feb 28 2006, 06:55:15 PM
Urinetown is a little bit of both I think (Both upsetting and a little bit of an upset). I mean, honestly, Millie is crap and Urinetown won Best Book and Score and Direction (maybe not, but I know it won three big ones and book and score were in there). Urinetown also had the great underdog story (all the way from the fringe) and this race even had familial ties (the Fosters). Whether or not this is an upset. It may be the most upsetting thing I've ever seen.

I think that in 2004 th

re: Les Miz cast guessing
 Feb 18 2006, 11:41:18 AM
the fosters would be wonderful, though the whole love tr1angle (sorry my "eye" key's broken) would be somewhat awkward, but completely based on the songs, that would be wonderful
re: 'Fiddler' revival CD
 Jan 11 2006, 03:04:23 PM
Harvey singing "Little Bird" would kill me, but he was bearable in all other numbers, if not enjoyable.

I would buy the CD, I love it.

re: Kaitlyn Hopkins is on SVU
 Jan 10 2006, 10:48:42 PM
I loved her in on the record!
re: Favorite Romantic Broadway Song
 Jan 10 2006, 10:38:21 PM
follow your heart from urinetown; the song that goes like this from spamalot
re: Cell Block Tango: comedic or serious?
 Jan 10 2006, 10:33:22 PM
I love the way it's done in the movie, I have not had the pleasure of seeing the show, but I definitely enjoy the movie way and I remember that many people laughed in the theater during the song so I don't even know if you could classify the darker one not as comedic (sorry that didn't make much sense)
Miss Nelson is Missing
 Jan 10 2006, 10:14:22 PM
So I might be involved in a production of this in the upcoming summer and I was wondering if anyone had some decent info about it. I know it did a short run in San Diego and in Philadelphia, but it doesn't seem to have a concrete website. Tracks would be greatly appreciated.
re: Kelly Clarson as Elphaba
 Jan 10 2006, 10:12:34 PM
she could probably sing it pretty awesomely... but no... sorry...

I kind of want clay to play jack in into the woods

re: CATS or Joseph?
 Dec 29 2005, 03:56:21 PM
Joseph, unless you might be offended by the religious aspect of it in which case you should sell the gift certificate.
re: What tracks do you skip over?
 Dec 29 2005, 03:50:40 PM
the schmuel song on L5Y. i can't stand it and it's soooo long

I always skip to Rent on the OBCR.

I hate the Wicked tracks mentioned above/ both I'm not that girls

There are a lot on parade, especially "letter to the governer".

It takes two on Lippa's wild party irritates me too, especially since it follow the wonderful title track.

Sometimes I skip "American Dancing" on Light in the Piazza, mostly cuz I love "Passeggiata"

re: BEST performances by performers at the Tonys!
 Dec 24 2005, 09:00:33 AM
james2, it might be easier for you to list the ones you didn't like... just kidding!

I agree with the Foster siblings comment. They both were wonderful probably my favorites, although Hunter and Urinetown were completely robbed of the best musical trophy.

We take a glass together is another great one.

re: Cats?? so what??
 Dec 24 2005, 08:54:43 AM
Scarywarhol, that may be the best thing I've heard in a while. I am cracking up at my computer.
re: Best Opening (Not Overture) Number in a Musical
 Dec 24 2005, 08:51:47 AM
I'm kinda new here so I don't know if too many people know this one but "Let There Be" from Children of Eden is spectacular, i think better than Schwartz's "No one mourns the Wicked".

Also, whoever said "too Much Exposition/Urinetown" is COMPLETELY correct! Absolutely wonderful!!

Also, I think that for Aida, you need to include "Fortune Favors ther Brave" with "Every Story..." but I don't think they're that high on my list.

re: Favorite role
 Dec 22 2005, 02:22:56 PM
i've always thought young guys would be better at peter pan than older women
re: Musicals with the Orchestra/Band onstage
 Dec 22 2005, 02:19:29 PM
I loved the orchestra up top in wonderful town. I thought it completely worked with the show
re: Jennifer Lopez - Mimi
 Dec 22 2005, 02:13:25 PM
hmmmm...... i dunno....... i didn't see scary spice, but heard some ok things about her. I personally think they shouldn't give the role to her just cuz she's a big name, when loads of struggling actresses in ny could do a better job.
re: What CD's are planning on adding to you musical collection this X-Mas ?
 Dec 22 2005, 12:40:15 PM
I asked for
-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
-Altar Boys
-Producers (Movie)
-Elegies
-Jersey Boys

re: Favorite role
 Dec 22 2005, 12:36:31 PM
Gonna have to go with either a protean in Forum (we came down from the ceiling on ropes!), Mendel in Fiddler, or Aladdin in a stage version of the movie.
re: Ashlee Simpson!
 Dec 22 2005, 12:27:54 PM
well at least it would sound good, cuz they'd probably get someone awesome to do the singing, I mean you can't expect ashlee to do it herself!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You