News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stageishome

Member Name: stageishome
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: I stand-by my comments on GLEE
 May 17 2009, 11:01:19 PM
I accept PM's and would LOVE the link :)
re: NYTimes: Audience Member Throws Tantrum at REASONS TO BE PRETTY
 Apr 6 2009, 12:33:13 PM
This was not staged or planned. The guy was removed from the show and is being arrested and brought up on charges. There are now extra security measures in place for each of the production members.
re: What Temporary Show for the Hilton?????
 Feb 19 2009, 11:25:29 PM
Just because SPIDERMAN isn't opening until next year doesn't mean things aren't being done inside right now to prepare for it...
re: RIALTO CHATTER: SPIDER-MAN Will Swing To Broadway Later Than Planned
 Feb 19 2009, 12:01:31 PM
They have a theater - work is already underway inside to prep for the set. No one seems to be too worried about making the money back... immediately.
re: RIALTO CHATTER: SPIDER-MAN Will Swing To Broadway Later Than Planned
 Feb 19 2009, 11:48:33 AM
The show has a set schedule and a set opening date, just nothing announced to the public. Let's just say the load-in time is completely unheard of...
re: Billy Elliot Logo
 Feb 5 2009, 04:59:03 PM
They're both George Maguire. The top was taken pre-London opening, and the bottom taken a little more than a year or so ago.
re: Little Mermaid Tour?
 Jan 31 2009, 10:53:54 PM
"Disney is being effected by the economy, though maybe not as much as others. There was one day in January where the Parks had only a 27% attendance."
Stephanie - that percentage is incorrect. I can tell you for a fact the Walt Disney World Resort has seen no decrease whatsoever. The only park that is struggling with attendance is the troubled Disney's California Adventure, which is currently under a billion dollar overhall. California Adventure has had troubled attendance numbers for years.

re: Brief Thoughts On SHREK Press Preview 12/12/08
 Dec 13 2008, 11:42:10 AM
Thank you for the WONDERFUL review jagfkb!

It sounds like they got their act together for Press Night...

re: Billy Elliot Scenery?
 Dec 9 2008, 09:51:09 PM
Have you seen BILLY ELLIOT?
re: Sierra Boggess & Phantom Sequel
 Oct 29 2008, 02:22:11 AM
Edward Baker-Duly (last seen as Ashley Wilkes in GONE WITH THE WIND THE MUSICAL) is the Phantom. Ramin Karimloo is Raoul.

EDIT: I may have these backwards - either way, they're your two leading men.

re: Sierra Boggess & Phantom Sequel
 Oct 23 2008, 11:10:44 AM
From what I hear there are some real gems in the score... We'll see, I guess.
Sierra Boggess & Phantom Sequel
 Oct 23 2008, 01:32:26 AM
Word is she's Christine in the PHANTOM Sequel... As it so happens, she's in London right now with Sir ALW doing the first reading of the show...

re: Jersey Boys stays in Toronto
 Oct 16 2008, 12:06:31 PM
The tour cast has known since before they arrived in Toronto that a sit-down would continue after they left.
mnjkl
 Oct 15 2008, 10:23:12 PM
Who removed the p*rn? ColorTheHours or a mod?
re: the black kid in Billy Elliot...huh?
 Oct 15 2008, 09:10:48 PM
This is sickening and needs to be DELETED NOW.
re: BILLY ELLIOT 10/10
 Oct 14 2008, 04:52:22 PM
I was in the orchestra - Row H on the aisle - PERFECT seat.
re: BILLY ELLIOT 10/10
 Oct 13 2008, 10:24:13 PM
Bump (updated with thoughts/review).
re: BILLY ELLIOT -Saturday October 11, 8:00 PM - review
 Oct 13 2008, 03:09:07 PM
I'm sorry you saw a performance in which the set broke down. I saw the show the night before and it couldn't have been better. In my opinion, the show is the strongest to come to Broadway in many, many years.

In regards to the set, I think it's perfect for the show. The set isn't meant to be a beautiful, wonderful Broadway "wow" set - it's dirty, it's not pretty, it's REAL. Tech-wise, the set is amazing - the screwdriver house-piece is incredibly complicated, and works extremely well wi

BILLY ELLIOT 10/10 - Thoughts (Spoilers)
 Oct 11 2008, 12:38:29 AM
The Imperial has found itself a new show that will run for a very, very long time.

BILLY ELLIOT the Musical is a massive show that is, at its core, a very simple story. The thing that sets BILLY apart from all the other musicals right now is that it doesn't try to be anything it isn't - it doesn't TRY to be a big, splashy, flashy, tacky, etc Broadway musical - it very simply tells the story with heart, passion and energy.

As a scenic designer, I was absolutely fascinated b

re: What re teching is going on with Mary Poppins?
 Oct 11 2008, 12:32:43 AM
They're making the kitchen transition visible now.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You