News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WillParker

Member Name: WillParker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Playbills for sale?  Jun 26 2010, 09:40:28 PM
I also have lots of Playbills that I'm looking to part with. Many signed, also a few window cards, signed and unsigned. Many in color, some semi-rarities. If anyone is interested, please send me a message and I'll send you a list of what I've got. Thanks a million!
re: Celia Keenan-Bolger On This Week's Seth's Broadway Chatterbox!  Aug 11 2005, 10:07:18 AM
What did the lovely Celia sing on the Chatterbox?
re: Should GAVIN CREEL be forced to cut his hair?  Jul 19 2005, 06:05:13 PM
michealb, we seem to agree on a lot of things, but NOT this....gavin's hair needs to stay exactly where it is. maybe a trim for those split ends that are no doubt there, but GAH!!! no haircuts.
re: Your favorite Momma Rose...  Jul 15 2005, 06:16:38 PM
ugh....how can you pass up Lansbury in favor of Merman?!?! I know, I may be the antichrist for saying that but GAH....just listen to Lansbury's Rose's Turn....the woman is AMAZING...sure, it may be a little odd to hear the British accent, and sure they lowered the keys, but EVEN SO!!!

i'm not terribly passionate about much, but i AM passionate about La Lansbury's Rose.

re: Your favorite Momma Rose...  Jul 15 2005, 05:33:10 PM
then Lansbury by far.

then maybe Bern, Midler, Tricia Williams, the woman who played it in my production that i directed a few years ago, Merman, Daly...Russell & Buckley are LOOOOOOOOOW on my list.

re: Your favorite Momma Rose...  Jul 15 2005, 05:27:40 PM
who i've seen? Peters.

based on recordings? Lansbury by a landslide!!

re: Which of the 'Big 4' is your favorite?  Jul 11 2005, 12:11:20 PM
les miserables.

the rest blow.

re: The Color Purple is official!  Jul 8 2005, 05:35:58 PM
i'm not who you were specifically questioning, and granted, i've never seen LaChanze in anything else, but i can say that in Color Purple in Atlanta, she was powerhouse...couldn't wait for her to come back onstage as soon as she left. she rose above the awful material and was just luminous. made remarkable transitions from the very young Celie to the middle aged Celie to the very old Celie seamlessly. you totally bought into everything she was doing every moment of the show. absolutley capti
re: The Color Purple is official!  Jul 7 2005, 05:54:35 PM
kavana, when you say "church ladies" do you mean the trio that was a combination of the "pick-a-little" ladies from music man and andy of the girl groups from Little Shop or Hairspray or Caroline or Change? you LIKED that??? i wanted to hurl large objects at the stage whenever they were on.

re: The Color Purple is official!  Jul 7 2005, 04:31:35 PM
ah well...you say potato, i say potahto.

i'm more concerned about this big ole flop of an expensive "musical" that's beginning previews in october. i'm hoping that it's going to be amazing but i'm not holding my breath.

re: The Color Purple is official!  Jul 7 2005, 03:17:01 PM
I'm a lover of both the novel and the film...it's about the only Speilberg film that i do enjoy. in regards to the stereotypes of the men, is this not told from Celie's point of view? Thru Celie's eyes, would the men not appear domineering, overpowering, etc? Granted, I'm not a semi literate girl/woman of color in the old south, but the movie made sense to me.

In regards to the musical, all I can say is I seriously hope they've done lots of rethinking, reworking & LOTS of rewriti

re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG FROM THE BROADWAY MUSIC AL 'Aida'?  Jun 29 2005, 12:37:48 PM
the curtain call music, because that means it's finally over!
re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry  Jun 29 2005, 12:04:48 PM
she is so friggin adorable...i wanna hang out with her.
re: Message Board trend  Jun 27 2005, 12:18:58 PM
Likewise....Oklahoma!, Carousel, Mame, West Side Story?? It doesnt get any better...Of my Top 10 favorite shows of all time (yeah, i have a list of 10--i'm a geek that way), there are 2 that were written in my lifetime.

i'm 25, btw.

re: GREAT songs from FLOP musicals?  Jun 27 2005, 09:50:47 AM
And Eve Was Weak--Carrie
When There's No One--Carrie
All Things--Thou Shalt Not

re: Shagging on the Beach  Jun 24 2005, 04:18:40 PM
i'm shocked, michaelb naughty.
re: ROSARIO DAWSON and NORM LEWIS to sing in TWO GENTS at the PUBLIC  Jun 24 2005, 04:10:29 PM
that's what i assumed....thanks for the clarification michaelb :)
re: ROSARIO DAWSON and NORM LEWIS to sing in TWO GENTS at the PUBLIC  Jun 24 2005, 03:58:04 PM
i'm wildly interested to hear her sing...i think she's a wonderful actor.

is your comparison of Rosario to Daphne due to vocal quality or just the fact that they played the same role?

re: ROSARIO DAWSON and NORM LEWIS to sing in TWO GENTS at the PUBLIC  Jun 24 2005, 02:11:02 PM
someone must have really liked her vocals in the Rent film...gives us something to look forward to! now if i could only make it up to NYC to see THIS!!!
re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill  Jun 24 2005, 12:33:34 PM
Carrie, Follies (original and revival), Mame, 1974 Gypsy revival, 1979 Oklahoma revival
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You