News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwguyhottie

Member Name: bwguyhottie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Books/Articles on Shuffle Along and other early 20th Century Black Musicals?
 Nov 4 2006, 07:39:33 PM
I'm trying to find books on early 20th century black musicals, particularly on the musical Shuffle Along, and I'm having a much more difficult time than I anticipated.

Anybody happen to know of any?

Other musicals/plays based on Comedian Harmonists?
 Oct 16 2006, 09:56:44 AM
I had heard there was a 2nd musical (other than the failed Band in Berlin) based on ther German singing group "Commedian Harmonists."

anyone happen to know the name?

"Army Song" and "The Ballad of Immoral Feelings"--Where do they occur within Threepenny Opera and Why?
 Oct 6 2006, 12:59:54 PM
Hello,

I'm not terribly familiar with the show (though I know the overall plot, etc), but I having heard the above songs, I was wondering what part of the show they occur in, what is happening in them, and I guess, what has led up to them being sung?

Website with Musical Synopsis?
 Oct 5 2006, 03:18:18 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm one of the dramaturgs for a musical review, and I was wondering what websites exist with synopsis(es? that can't be right) of musicals, preferablbly with song lists so I can contextualize where the songs come within the show. It doesnt ahve to be incredibly elaborate, just something so I can get a brief info sheet out to the actors asap.

re: Flex Pass for NYC Fringe...any good?
 Aug 12 2006, 11:51:27 AM
anyone?
Flex Pass for NYC Fringe...any good?
 Aug 12 2006, 10:35:44 AM
Hi! I'm flying to NYC on the 15-27th for the Fringe, and I was hoping to buy a couple of flex passes. I see that the pass does not guarantee a seat for any particular show...has anyone here used the fringe pass before and been able to see most everything they wanted? Or did you find it better to purchase specific tickets ahead of time--even though its more expensive?
Musicals with Small Casts?
 Mar 24 2006, 01:27:11 AM
As in less than 6 or so?

All i can think of are

The Last 5 Years
The Thing About Men
I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change

any video clips of the latest miscast?
 Mar 17 2006, 03:00:47 AM
Are there any videos with clips from the recent "miscast" performance. Or any of the "miscast"s that have been done before?
Dear Oscar: The Oscar Wilde Musical
 Nov 21 2005, 01:03:56 PM
Does anyone have any info on this? According to IBDB it only ran for 3 days back in the 70s...but any info on it would be great! Is there a recording? Is a libretto available?
Performance Art/Solo Performance Art
 Sep 7 2005, 10:38:02 PM
Hi, I'm planning a trip to NYC in late december/early january and I want to see as much performance art and as many solo performance pieces as possible. Are there certain publications or websites I can check in at so I can get more information on this less mainstream theatre? I know a lot of the dates wouldnt be up yet, but mainly anything that I should be following so that when the time comes I'll know wahts available?

Thanks so much!

re: Nickel & Dimed in NYC
 Jun 30 2005, 07:30:41 PM
I hope Megan Kole gets to play Barbara.

I was an asst dramaturg on the show here at the State Theatre in Austin, and Megan was absolutely fantastic. She has also done Wit at The Alley in Houston and has tons of other stage and screen credits.

re: 'Importance of Being Earnest' revival
 Apr 4 2005, 05:48:14 PM
i just wrote a paper for my english class on the different women in the play called "Girls Gone Wilde"

Looking for scene-1 white male, 1 hispanic male
 Apr 4 2005, 05:46:52 PM
I'm looking for a scene for my acting class....preferably really comedic (we both did dramatic scenes for our last assignment)

He's hispanic, I'm white.

Any ideas?

Three Penny Opera
 Feb 25 2005, 07:20:36 PM
What does everyone think of the casting choices? I haven't heard the music or seen it before, so I'm not that familiar wiht what the roles require. I'd love to see Alan on stage again though, and Nellie McKay is my favorite musical artist-but not sure about how she would be on Broadway, but I wish her the best!

And Edie falco...does she sing?

The First Picture Show?
 Feb 14 2005, 01:40:23 AM
Has anyone seen it? Opinions?

I have been reading Mark Bly's "The Production Notebook" and it sounds fascinating...

re: What 'obscenity' did the FCC charge Sarah Jones with?
 Feb 3 2005, 07:24:41 PM
anyone?
What "obscenity" did the FCC charge Sarah Jones with?
 Feb 3 2005, 02:22:09 PM
I have heard of this case many times...but never seen exactly what it was she was "charged" with.

Anyone?

Tour stops for current Rent tour?
 Jan 15 2005, 08:41:56 PM
The webstie isnt working on my computer...does anyone know if its coming anywhere in Texas?
Script for "So, I Killed a Few People"
 Jan 12 2005, 01:22:27 AM
I saw this show a couple years ago and loved it, I believe it premiered at the NYC Fringe Festival. It is supposedly published somwhere, but I have yet to find it. Anyone else see this show/know where to look?
Daniel MacIvor/Here Lies Henry
 Dec 26 2004, 10:13:51 PM
Is anyone familiar with his work? I know he is Canadian and has won many awards there, but I wasn't to sure how much the American audiences knew about him. Ive known about him for a while, but felt inspired to bring him to your attention. His solo play "here lies henry" is without a doubt the best thing I have ever read. Its brilliant. Any other fans out there?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You