News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dramatic_Irony

Dramatic_Irony Profile Photo
Member Name: Dramatic_Irony
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Anthony Rapp performance TriBeCa Film festival!
 May 6 2006, 05:39:51 PM
Yeah, it was crazy.

I got there a little late, when he was just starting "Then Again", so it's good to know I didn't miss more than one song, and his introduction.

re: What's your favorite long-runner on Broadway?
 Apr 29 2006, 10:34:34 PM
Long runs: RENT and Hairspray.
New This Season- Sweeney Todd.

Long-running off Broadway- Forbidden Broadway!

re: Casting for RENT
 Apr 28 2006, 06:19:00 PM
Sweeney Todd has all the vivacity for many, many viewings- I don't think that show gets tiring seeing it "over and over". (Sorry for the slight threadjack, but I don't think seeing a show too many times necessarily means that it gets tiring.)
re: Casting for RENT
 Apr 28 2006, 06:08:43 PM
I too saw the OBC anniversary on Monday, and feel that it would be unfair of me to see *any* other performance of Rent in the near future, because I would be making unfair comparisons. Nothing can compare to the unique bond that the OBC has with each other, brought on by all the experiences they've shared.

However, long before Monday, I almost dreaded seeing some parts of the current cast's performance, simply because I knew it was *not* going to be done correctly. And by coreectly I

re: Matt Caplan Appreciation or Something Like It
 Apr 19 2006, 08:52:19 PM
Colleen, I believe he has changed his plans. I've heard that he's now leaving sometime in June.
re: RENT Review- 3/18/06
 Mar 21 2006, 12:42:25 AM
Really random, but I *love* your avatar, greenifyed. *Anthoyn fangirl present. see avatar*
re: Rodney To to be on CONVICTION 3/24
 Mar 20 2006, 09:14:57 AM
Will Chase and Rodney To? Wow.
 Mar 19 2006, 12:14:25 AM
He was showing emotion well in Halloween and Goodbye Love, I think. Not with Cary or Will, but he's definitely improved paired with Tim.

And Tim is officially my favorite Roger, for reasons I said in my review above, and for the reasons matjomae just said.

Siamese dram, I don't particularly think Matt embodies Mark, either, but his take on the character *could* be that he uses humor as a defense mechanism, and that it's a form of detatching. But I've alread posted my thoughts

Mar 18 2006, 11:12:02 PM
That's exactly how I felt! I've never seen the OBC live, but I've felt that with most of them, too. Besides the OBC, this cast definitely makes me feel that they *are* the characters. No other Rogers made me feel that. And even for the members of the cast that weren't necessarily my favorite actors, they were the best *ensemble* that I've seen. The cast all worked so well together.

I really want to know about the OBC- everybody makes such a big deal out of them because they are, well,

Mar 18 2006, 10:33:45 PM
Oh, actually I saw it *last night*. I wrote that interview last night and simply cut and pasted it here because I'm *lazy*.

But yes, I did win the lotto last night, and I'm glad you seemed to have so much fun!

And Matt was totally crying real tears at some points, in response to your original post. He had tears in his voice at the phone bit at the beginning of Halloween, anyway.

re: Rent seating
 Mar 18 2006, 10:27:16 PM
*pets Mel's avatar*

I'm counting on La Vie Boheme, if nothing else, to make them start to move around. I understand that they wouldn't have time to do any rehersals, so it would be a little ridiculous to stage the whole thing, but they can do *some* of it, can't they?

Mar 18 2006, 10:14:09 PM
With Will Chase, I think he’s a better actor, and obviously a fantastic singer. He’s got great stage presence, and really captures the frustrated side to Roger. However, Tim captured *all* of Roger, in my opinion. His rough voice got some getting-used to, but I was used to it by One Song Glory. Also, I think he had better natural chemistry with Karmine Alers (Mimi) and Matt Caplan. I felt for Tim’s Roger a lot more than I felt for Cary or Will.

Matt Caplan- what can I say? I hate you ,

re: BCEFA fundraising time!
 Mar 18 2006, 05:03:18 PM
At Rent they were selling signed posters, and signed Playbills (the Playvills were signed by the whole cast- I didn't get a good look at the posters, but it looked as though they might have been signed by just the main . The posters were $50 and the Playbills $20.

Also, there were knit items (hats, scarves, and the like) hand-crafted by cast members, and of course the buckets and photo oppertunities with Matt Caplan and Tim Howar.

re: Another teacher loses her job over her choice of school plays
 Mar 18 2006, 04:58:05 PM
We're having a production of Urinetown in our high school right now.
re: Rent seating
 Mar 18 2006, 01:58:15 AM
I'm disappointed that it's just a run-through of the songs, but I hope that, as in the preview directly after Jonathan's death, they won't be able to just sing it through for long.

I'm wondering if they're planning on just singing the songs, or also the bits not included on the recording (i.e. Mark's "We Begin..." introduction, and narrations throught the show.)

re: When did RENT stop putting understudy slips in the Playbills?
 Mar 18 2006, 12:25:26 AM
I went tonight (heh) and my mom's program didn't have an understudy slip, but mine did.
re: Rent Benefit Invitations
 Mar 16 2006, 10:47:42 PM
"No Night But Tonight".

Clever. Or something to that effect.

re: RENT Benefit Lottery Policy up.
 Mar 16 2006, 10:44:15 PM
The invitations have apparently been sent.

And on the lottery front, it's not really the best plan, but oh well. I'm certainally not going- I have school.

re: JONATHAN LARSON---AIDS? HELP ASAP!!!
 Mar 16 2006, 09:41:42 PM
Why can't you use google? Not trying to be rude, but wouldn't a message board be considered just as unreliable as a search engine?
re: Best Successful Musical (or Most Successful Great Musical)
 Mar 16 2006, 09:22:02 PM
I will agree My Fair Lady.

Also Avenue Q and perhaps Rent?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You