News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BillFinn

BillFinn Profile Photo
Member Name: BillFinn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SEE ROCK CITY: Rush?
 Jul 25 2010, 11:12:25 PM
Student rush. $10. Two hours before curtain if the show isn't sold out.
SEE ROCK CITY & OTHER DESTINATIONS Reviews
 Jul 12 2010, 03:14:42 PM
I was checking it out myself. Found out they have student rush 2 hrs before curtain for only $10. They have an "Under 30 Night" too for $30 tickets. Love me some Sally Wilfert belting...
re: Papermill announces the most boring cast in the world for Lost in Yonke
 Jan 1 2010, 04:12:04 AM
Um, Alex Wyse is extremely talented and I've heard wonderful things of him in the role when they most recently did it in Florida. Same goes for Rosemary. You should really go see it before you label it as "boring".
re: The NY Times on the RAGTIME closing rumors....
 Dec 25 2009, 11:08:40 PM
I'm confused. I thought people thought Ragtime was closing because of Michael Riedel's article? Was it started by the chat boards or Mr. Riedel?
re: Any word on a RAGTIME revival recording?
 Dec 13 2009, 11:47:14 AM
No one in the cast has been told a closing date as of yet, from what I've heard. I think there's just very much a spirit of "Let's take it day-by-day" from the producers and this rumor of it closing soon is actually helping with ticket sales. The lotto group is growing bigger by the week.
re: Any word on a RAGTIME revival recording?
 Dec 12 2009, 12:45:38 PM
A good friend of mine works merch. there and I asked him if Ragtime was closing. They said, "No. We're still waiting on the programs and CD to get in..."
re: Next to Normal: Kyle or Aaron?
 Nov 22 2009, 09:55:41 PM
Each prince more handsomer than the other...
re: Girl Crazy Dress -- Anyone else there?
 Nov 19 2009, 06:00:41 PM
I was there last night and I thought it was good! They handled the material very well for a 2009 audience. I sort of agree with you on Ana and Becki, but like you said, it's hard to make those roles stand out when the icons of Broadway got their start with them. If you leave that out of the equation, I would say they were wonderful. I loved when Becki forgot her line and sort of jumped back in sarcastically. "... OH NO!?" That was great.

re: Whoopi Goldberg raves about 'Memphis'
 Nov 19 2009, 12:46:56 AM
Mr. Roxy-

I don't mean the show's content. Yeah, it talks about racism. I felt like it was kind of... on the nose for the Mother to sing a belting, riffing, gospel number. "Change Don't Come Easy". That vernacular didn't fit the rest of her language in the show, to start with. And then she finally sees the error of her ways by stumbling into a Baptist church and so she sings a big, gospel number? Her character really had no depth for me and I know you can chalk it up to bad writing, b

re: FREAKIN' AMAZING $10 HIPTIX THANKSGIVING DEALS!!!
 Nov 19 2009, 12:34:43 AM
I got mine for Saturday night at Wishful Drinking! Rear mezz. woot. Maybe Ill see some of you guys there?
re: Whoopi Goldberg raves about 'Memphis'
 Nov 13 2009, 02:11:26 PM
The book is extremely weak. The music is forgetable. The show is pretty racist.
re: My thoughts on FINIAN'S RAINBOW
 Oct 19 2009, 04:24:30 PM
I was told the Carmen Miranda line was the original. Did anyone else notice in that line the entire cast was very "ehhhhhhhh" while Finian raised his hand in the air like he was proud of red propaganda? It might have just been my performance or I'm reading too much into it. I just thought it was an interesting contrast.

I sort of agree with the comments on Cheyenne in the show, but to be fair that role isn't supposed to carry the entire show w/ Kate and the material he has to work off

re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW (Invited Dress)
 Oct 8 2009, 08:39:26 AM
It was such an incredible production. Kate Baldwin and Chris Fitzgerald are shoe-ins for a Tony nom. I saw this show a few years ago at the Irish Repertory Theater with Kerry O'Malley, Kevin Kern, and Chad Kimball and I can't get over how different that was from this production. I know the book was revised this time 'round so I feel like this version was SO MUCH stronger and worked together a lot better. For instance, the choreography. It has a real "old-musical" feel to it where it only expands
re: rOcKS @ 'Memphis'
 Oct 7 2009, 02:41:16 AM
My 2 Cents:

I didn't think it was HORRIBLE!!! as I had heard it made out to be. The way I came out of the theater was the same way I came out of Mamma Mia; it was fun and superfluous. I mean, I swore it was a Jukebox Musical but I was corrected soon after. They do beat you over the head with the racism issue. That got tedious 10 minutes into the show. I actually thought Montego Glover was working her butt off in terms of acting/vocals, but Chad Kimball. It's not that he's bad. He's

BWW TV: The Last Smoker in America
 Sep 29 2009, 10:17:38 PM
I'm sorry if this was posted already, but I am SO EXCITED about this show. Did anyone get tickets yet?? Have you heard any good reports yet?? I mean, Felicia Finley? My God. Stick that woman in anything and you've got the seduction taken care of. I loved when Alex Wyse acted black. I might see the show for that alone. And what a dreamboat to boot.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.cfm?colid=72745

re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
 Sep 28 2009, 12:09:40 AM
I was smart/not so smart. I got off work and caught the last 1/2 hour when the auction was ending.

For a grand total of $4:

2 Little Mermaid t-shirts
1 Little Mermaid souvenirs
Noel Coward Plays
a bag full of Mermaid pins
20 playbills including The Ritz, Make Me A Song, and Gypsy, etc.

They were HANDING stuff out. Selling windowcards for a dollar. The girl told me to take the whole box of playbills for a $1 and books were being given out for free. I had

re: First look at Jackman and Craig in Steady Rain
 Aug 25 2009, 10:08:16 PM
I had NO IDEA Daniel Craig did Angels at National Theater. That production must have been gold. So Daniel Craig played Joe Pitt to Jason Issacs' Louis? How hot that must have been.
re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
 Aug 21 2009, 08:39:00 PM
what a DREAMboat. I remember seeing him when I was 13 in the Phantom tour as Raoul and now look at him. 9 years later. Charming.
re: Into the Woods Revival: Let's Try This Again
 Aug 8 2009, 05:28:59 AM
Ironically enough, Carolee Carmello was down to Final Callbacks for ITW Revival.
re: 'Catch Me If You Can' Clips
 Aug 5 2009, 12:32:46 AM
Felicia Finley looks fierce.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You