News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MinervaMoon

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
Member Name: MinervaMoon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton is this a good price?
 Mar 22 2018, 09:57:52 AM

If the circles are blue on the seating map, they're original price and you're not gonna get better than that for those particular seats.

If the circles are pink with a circular arrow inside, they're being resold by a buyer/scalper for a markup.

How Do You Report Someone Selling Bootlegs?
 Mar 6 2018, 10:51:47 PM

JSquared2 said: "Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?"

People Leaving at Intermission
 Nov 19 2017, 01:43:08 PM

(Insert Clever Name) said: "People NORMALLY leave at intermission if they have not enjoyed the show, and people have said somewhere on these boards that a lot of people were leaving Groundhog Day because they felt it wasn't as true to the movie."

John Cleese and his wife were in front of me at the last performance of GHD and they both left at intermission. He had tweeted about being at some other show the night before but said not a thing about this show. No idea

GROUNDHOG DAY APPRECIATION THREAD
 Sep 17 2017, 04:36:44 PM

For anyone who cares about such things, John Cleese is at this performance. Intermission now. 

Laguardia to TS for a show
 Aug 19 2017, 03:59:22 AM

When I saw this thread I also went in wanting to give you encouragement, having made many close-call shows before, but sorry to say I actually laughed out loud when I saw the time frame. I think the 54 Below shows are a good idea, though!

As an aside, last summer I was visiting London and were supposed to arrive 11 AM on a Monday, and see Cursed Child at 2 PM and 8 PM Tuesday (the next day). Due to a storm that made us (and seemingly the entire NE United States) miss our connection, we

TIME AND THE CONWAYS Revival Set for American Airlines Theatre, Fall 2017
 Aug 18 2017, 08:41:05 PM

This looked like it could be good when I first read about it and I made a note to keep it on my radar. But when I saw that Gabriel Ebert was in it I bought tickets immediately. 

crosswalk the musical feat LMM
 Aug 18 2017, 08:06:47 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: It was actually shorts. The pic is on Twitter somewhere 

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
 Aug 11 2017, 11:23:04 AM

They're also doing a live Ham4Ham in Los Angeles next week.

The note from Lin in the app says "and we've got more up our sleeves", so you never know.

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 9 2017, 08:15:46 PM

bwayrose7 said: "I can't help wondering if, in a weird way, this whole fiasco will make it likelier to get revived down the line than it would have otherwise. Now, it's not just the "cool and weird" show that couldn't find a big enough audience, but it's the innovative, creative show that was sunk prematurely by a scandal. Maybe I'm foolish, but I feel like that kind of history might prove irresistible to some producer down the line, the idea of bringing

Aug 9 2017, 03:15:18 PM

Hellob said: "Maybe Lin is going to play Burr for a minute since Henry is the one who commented."

While I think this possibility still has the same questionability as the one of Lin playing Hamilton (i.e., no appeal to a wider audience, since the show is already sold out), this is actually a pretty cool hypothetical that I really hope happens at least someday.

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 8 2017, 11:25:54 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "I still don't even understand how this Rafael Casal person even got involved, though? Who IS he? How did his tweets pick up so much steam?"

His connection to Oak is no big mystery and easily Googlable. He's Daveed Diggs's best friend. [1] [2] [3

Aug 8 2017, 08:18:36 PM

David10086 said: "I don't think Rafael Casal or Cynthia Ervivo would be happy if this happened to something they were in, and depending on for income. Think of the repercussions before you Tweet."

I don't think Rafael Casal or Cynthio Erivo are particularly happy about the show closing either. Whatever part one thinks they had to play in these developments, anyone who thinks that their goal was to tank the show, and that they are now congratulating each

Aug 8 2017, 07:11:35 PM

For reference, this was Joshua Henry's comment on Instagram. If it's a cast announcement, it's big. Maybe it's Obama. 

Aug 8 2017, 06:57:36 PM

Margo319 said: "It has zero to do with Comet."

No one actually said it did, really.

Aug 8 2017, 06:32:01 PM

#bitofaday definitely sounds Lin-related, but if he were going to pop in as Hamilton, it's weird that they would announce that in advance across all platforms. The LA opening is already gonna be widely covered and an appearance from Lin would be so much better if it were a surprise, not pre-hyped. 

It's definitely not going to be the release of the recording. 

I did get a big laugh out of the joke that he's gonna be joining The Great Comet. I'm gon

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
 Aug 3 2017, 10:39:10 AM

leighmiserables said: "bdn223 said: " I wonder how Broadway's black and POC community overall will react if down the line the show wants to stunt cast someone like Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood from the films) or even Emma Watson if god forbid she has a downward career spiral over the next 5 years as Hermione.  I just wonder considering this is  post The Great Comet fiasco, and despite the multiple racial inte

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
 Mar 5 2017, 02:10:36 AM

We did cancellation yesterday morning (March 4th) in the 23?F weather. Arrived sometime around 4:50 AM and ended up being 7, 8, and 9th in line. I say "ended up" because there was some shuffling around of the beginning of the line over the course of our wait so it was  difficult to know until closer to the time what our position was. Not exactly sure when the first people arrived but it seemed to be in the 3 AM hour, and I overheard that the first person had hired a line sitter for the first couple of hours then switched places. The people in spots 5 & 6 arrived around 4 AM.

About an hour before the show, someone came out and announced that they would be giving out 11 SRO tickets for the matinee and 14 for the evening, so some people in line started doing counts. The first four people claimed 4 mat and 4 eve all together. The next two wanted 3 mat between them. My group of three would have preferred matinee, but that would have claimed 10 of 11 matinee tickets, and the guy behind us wanted two for himself and his fiancee because they had tickets to another show in the evening. He had previously waited for tickets a couple of days ago and been unsuccessful, so in the interest of not screwing him over, we took 3 evening tickets instead.

I cannot emphasize enough how cold it was. We only survived by having brought blankets and actual bedding, including a down comforter, and making an impromptu fort to huddle under. It was toasty enough inside that we felt comfortable taking off our gloves, so I'm gonna do a 10 out of 10 recommendation for down comforters. All this to say, if you're trying to get tickets in the near future, don't assume people won't be out even when the weather isn't great. This is a spring break week for many colleges, and the next couple of weeks are also spring breaks in a lot of areas. (https://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break  If there hadn't been both a matinee and an evening show today, we could easily have been out of luck if they only offered ~7 as they have done in the past, and we arrived before 5 AM.

Side note: Come From Away (across the street) ended up having a pretty sizable line by the time they let people in at 10 AM, but the first person there definitely wasn't there when we arrived and it was very short around 8 AM.

Swap pair of 2/4 or 2/5 tickets for each other
 Feb 1 2017, 01:38:37 PM

MKE Broadway said: I have two (2) ticket for Hamilton Chicago on Sat April 29 at 8:00 PM Orch -C Row K. I am looking to trade for something sooner since my wife will be 7 month pregnant at that time.

I PMed you about these.

Dear Evan Hansen seating options
 Jan 15 2017, 08:11:19 PM

maxkko said: "I ended up getting a front row seat that's the first after the aisle break on Orchestra Right. How high is the stage? If it is similar to Shuffle Along, I'm ok with it.

I was in this exact seat; the stage is very high. I'm not a tall person but I've also sat front row for many other shows with no problem. For this one the usher actually told me, "Some people find they need a booster seat, so just tell the person back there if you think y

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Jan 10 2017, 08:31:58 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Bryan Terrell Clark begins his tenure as the new George Washington tonight! Will anybody be seeing his first few performances in the coming weeks?

I will about two weeks from now. So excited to see some of the new cast.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You