News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Horsey

Horsey Profile Photo
Member Name: Horsey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FIDDLER on channel 82 NOW!!!
 Nov 24 2003, 10:56:46 PM
"Fiddler On The Roof" is on Channel 82 (TCM, Time Warner Cable NYC) right now. Anybody know who that actress is who looks EXACTLY like Barbra Streisand???

Well...it just got over.
Now it's "Cabaret."

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Martini's In Times
 Nov 24 2003, 12:47:18 AM
It's so sick and disrespectful.
This doesn't happen in Europe.

re: re: Stritch
 Nov 24 2003, 12:20:13 AM
I saw the show on Broadway.
Yes, the only one of these performers that she spoke about was Garland.

If I remember correctly, the "Garland at the Palace, Sinatra at Carnegie Hall, Streisand at the Winter Garden..." was used in advertisments, and as a marketing phrase during the run of the show; comparing Stritch's run on Broadway to these performers and their legendary performances in NYC. So, in essence, SUGGESTING that "Stritch" be added to this impressive line-up.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Martini's In Times Square R
 Nov 23 2003, 12:50:13 PM
Yes, Mr. ROXY, and let us not forget the TRAVESTY of the demolition of the four magnificent Broadway theatres (and Picadilly Hotel, where, as a high-school student, I spent my VERY FIRST night in New York City, which had a wonderful, street level coffee shop/diner which was always filled with Broadway actors and people from "behind the Broadway scenes"...buzzing about the goings-on) standing right next door to the MUSIC BOX theatre, ) that were torn down in the 1980's to make way for the horribl
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Martini's In Times Square R.I.P
 Nov 23 2003, 12:37:08 PM
Yes. That famous photo of Ms. Swanson standing in the rubble of the demolished ROXY Theatre was the inspiration for Sondheim's "FOLLIES." The photo is of particular note (and inspiration) as Swanson's silent film "The Love Of Sunya" christened the magnificent ROXY on opening day in 1927. So terribly sick and warped that this work of "architectural artistry" was ripped down to the ground.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Shows You Walked Out On ( If An
 Nov 23 2003, 12:25:34 PM
There have been many.
Most recently:
"AVENUE Q"

re: re: re: is anyone noticing how BRITISH the Hugh Jackman OKLAHOMA is?
 Nov 23 2003, 02:38:35 AM
Then don't watch it honey. Turn it off.
re: is anyone noticing how BRITISH the Hugh Jackman OKLAHOMA is?
 Nov 23 2003, 02:20:01 AM
As good as Hugh Jackman's performance seems to be in OKLAHOMA. His performance in "The Boy From Oz" is about a trillion times better.
His portrayal of Peter Allen is (sure to be) legendary; and a shoe-in for the TONY Award. The unfortunate lipsyncing in OKLAHOMA is distracting.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Martini's In Times Square R.I.P
 Nov 23 2003, 02:07:52 AM
Here.
re: re: Rosie as Broadway Director!
 Nov 23 2003, 01:58:30 AM
...and quite possibly had a job as a newspaper delivery boy before that...
OKLAHOMA-Jackman-TONIGHT-7:00pm
 Nov 22 2003, 02:38:47 PM
Future Tony Winner (2004 - "The Boy From Oz")
Hugh Jackman in OKLAHOMA on PBS tonight at 7:00pm.

Rosie as Broadway Director!
 Nov 22 2003, 12:37:54 PM
Let us just hope that Rosie follows in the footsteps of legendary Broadway director Harold Prince; who began his career as a producer before finding his true calling as a director. Perhaps this is the road that Rosie should also travel.
re: re: re: re: TABOO Costumes! Eek?
 Nov 22 2003, 12:30:36 PM
The show is wonderful.
You will not be disappointed.
Hearing that beautiful score live alone is worth the price of admission.

re: re: re: rosie is flippin' the old 'taboo bird'
 Nov 22 2003, 12:27:04 PM
oh
re: I LOVEEEEEEEEE
 Nov 22 2003, 02:52:21 AM
Horsey.
re: rosie is flippin' the old 'taboo bird'
 Nov 22 2003, 02:51:13 AM
You have to love this woman. She is a real Producer, in the old-time tradition of Broadway. This is a woman with Balls.
Hooray. Long may she reign!!!

re: re: re: TABOO Costumes! Eek?
 Nov 21 2003, 03:02:20 PM
Don't know where you've been but, just for your information,
the costumes in TABOO are recreations of the original outfits designed and worn by Leigh Bowery and Boy George.
If it's not your "cup-of-tea" why not just pass it by
instead of hurling insults and negative commentary?
The underlying message of this show is "tolerance" and "accepting of others" without passing judgment and without perpetuating "hate mongering." Here's to an OPEN MINDED community; we are all involved in the

re: taboo website
 Nov 21 2003, 02:04:19 PM
Hi Will,

The TABOO website has been recently revamped.
After the first page loads, see the navigation menu at the bottom of that page and then just click onto any of the site-links provided.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked on TV
 Nov 21 2003, 01:00:53 PM
How about a "syntax check?" As in; proper sentence structure (i.e., capitalization for the first word of a sentence and for words like 'Christmas.')
re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked on TV
 Nov 21 2003, 12:16:32 PM
I enjoy David Letterman.
But, to quote Joni Mitchell:
"He treats musical guests as the armpit of the entertainment industry, tagging them onto the last five minutes of the program and not giving them the opportunity of an interview."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You