News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for defyinggravity2

defyinggravity2 Profile Photo
Member Name: defyinggravity2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Feb 10 2024, 08:46:57 PM

My apologies for the delay in reporting back, but I saw this in DC the week before it closed and thought it was spectacular. The whole cast gave stellar performances, but I have to give a special shoutout to Adrian Blake Enscoe as Little Brother, who was the absolute highlight of the show in my eyes. His gorgeous, angelic voice along with his intimate vulnerability and charming boyishness came together to make such a well-rounded and striking performance.

I was completely unfamiliar wi

Darren Aronofsky Is Adapting Samuel D. Hunter's  Nov 8 2022, 12:22:43 PM

I have no doubt that this movie is going to be incredible. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, and it's about time that Fraser had a comeback after all that he's been through. I hope he (and the rest of the cast) receive numerous accolades.

Wicked Ticket For Sale Tues. 9/25  Sep 21 2012, 03:38:38 PM
I want it but I live to far away.
OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!  Jun 17 2012, 07:28:55 AM
Sometimes I can't tell if Jordan is being serious or sarcastic.

Amen.

Oh Christ, here he comes again...  Jun 17 2012, 07:25:16 AM
Dear defyinggravity2,

You, of all peole shouldn't be telling anyone to shut up. Your posts are pointless and full of mis-information if not out right lies.

I admit alot of my posts aren't the best on BWW.com, but some aren't too bad. Like those where I ask suggestions for shows, I really do need to know which shows to spend money on, and which are a waste. Sometimes, I just like to hear to opinions of different users.

And I can be telling him to shu

Suggestions  Jun 17 2012, 07:16:52 AM

Saturday:
2PM-Bring It On
8PM-Harvey

How are you seeing BRING IT ON in late June? It doesn't open until Aug. 1st.

Most boring musicals  Jun 17 2012, 07:10:43 AM
Sweeney Todd
Wicked
Phantom

I admit WICKED isn't the best musical ever written, but how on earth can you say it's boring? There is just so much happening, and it is so interesting, the origins of the Wizard of Oz! Anyone who says WICKED is boring can go suck some foot.

Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, NC  Jun 16 2012, 08:14:36 AM
Crap! Sorry, I forgot to add that I also saw WEST SIDE STORY at Belk.
Oh Christ, here he comes again...  Jun 16 2012, 08:11:58 AM
This is absolutely right; his "Legend" status does not give him the right to bash others.

I completely agree, thank you.

His (a) deep knowledge of theater; (b) excellent memory in recalling the things other posters say; and, (c) superior wit in pointing out all our foibles do.

No, it doesn't. Just because he knows alot about theatre doesn't mean everything that comes out of someones mouth that's not his is stupid. Because its not. When somebody has a

Mary Poppins Broadway.  Jun 16 2012, 08:06:35 AM
MARY POPPINS is about to close for 3 days then reopen in New Jersey, without any cast at all. Stephen Sondheim will be on stage in a black robe singing songs from the show.
Oh Christ, here he comes again...  Jun 15 2012, 02:34:05 PM
From the thread title I thought you were talking about yourself, troll.

Jordan Catalano, just because you have been on this site for 7 years and your status is "Bway Legend", that doesn't mean you can go around bashing others. I have seen you around the board alot, and very rarely do you have a nice thing to say about a show or a person. So shut up, or start being nice.

Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, NC  Jun 15 2012, 01:42:28 PM
Hi guys. I was wondering what shows you may have seen at the Belk Theater at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, NC. Also, what have you seen at Ovens Auditoriums, also part of Blumentahl. I have seen PETER PAN, SHREK, BRING IT ON, and THE LION KING at Belk, and THE ADDAMS FAMILY and WICKED at Ovens. What about you? Thanks!
Gershwin Theatre Question  Jun 15 2012, 01:34:59 PM
Of course none of those theaters have as many seats as the Gershwin (although the Foxwoods is close) which means that the producers of Wicked wouldn't make as much money.

I read that the producers of WICKED purposley chose a theater with lots of seats, because being a twist on THE WIZARD OF OZ, they thought it would have a huge appeal, which it did.

A question about the board  Jun 15 2012, 01:32:26 PM
testing testing 1 2 3
Raven-Symone in SISTER ACT  Jun 15 2012, 01:02:40 PM
How is Raven-Symone in SISTER ACT? I saw it with Patina Miller, but not with Raven.
THE LYONS to close on July 1  Jun 15 2012, 12:58:22 PM
Too bad, it was a nice production. But I agree with peachesr82, I don't think anyone ever expected it to run for too long.
Gershwin Theatre Question  Jun 15 2012, 12:55:57 PM
^^ what other productions are bigger than WICKED?
Audition Song for Frump in  Jun 15 2012, 12:54:57 PM
I agree, I think "Seven Deadly Virtues" from CAMELOT would be fantastic.
Will Iceman cometh to Broadway?  Jun 15 2012, 12:52:56 PM
I saw it in Chicago. I didn't really like it much, but Nathan Lane, as always, was fantastic.
Gershwin Theatre Question  Jun 15 2012, 12:51:17 PM
I think so, because the sets for WICKED are so huge, with all the clock gear and such, especially the 800 lb. proscenium dragon. its just amazing these sets, and i don't quite know of any other theater that CAN house these amazing sets.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You