News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JoeMaMa2

Member Name: JoeMaMa2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LYSISTRATA JONES to hit the big screen
 Jun 14 2013, 05:33:06 PM
Rainbowhigh23 I agree -- Patty & Emily!!
 Jun 14 2013, 05:20:25 PM
Pauley Shore! Yes, sounds like a hit.
 Jun 14 2013, 05:16:56 PM
Why so many haters? We should be happy that Broadway is being represented in movies! So many negative Nancey's on here!
See the Cast of THE LITTLE MERMAID Fly at Paper Mill Playhouse!
 May 25 2013, 10:37:11 AM
The costumes, while already better than the Broadway version, are not there yet.

My big problem is this: the flying is cool, no doubt, and will make for a better effect than the heeley's, but as a regional/community theater director - how is this going to be the licensed version? How many community theaters can fly their cast? I know that flying isn't required, but this is hopefully the new licensed version of the show and I can see the calls to the flying companies now :)

Spider-Man Closing?
 Apr 22 2013, 05:51:55 PM
Thanks!! Not a huge fan, but was surprised to hear it.
Spider-Man Closing?
 Apr 22 2013, 05:28:12 PM
My roommate just got home and told me she heard on the radio an announcement that Spider-Man was closing? Anyone else hear this? She was so impressed that she had Broadway news that I didn't have!
JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
 Apr 18 2013, 10:37:07 PM
My favorite ...

"...we were in Wildhornia, that land of dark roiling clouds, where actors scream, all the time, and no one alive-or, especially, dead-is safe from predation."

I'm easily entertained when it comes to a musical, I even somewhat enjoyed Wonderland ... but this is the first show EVER that I wanted to leave at intermission. I stayed just to see the confrontation and literally laughed when he sand to a projection! UGGG!

Jekyll & Hyde (Broadway Previews!)
 Apr 10 2013, 02:25:24 PM
"some of it is just laughably bad. The new book doesn't make any sense or develop any characters... the accents are out of a bad high school production of Oliver, and the singing is fine - but nothing is in character. So see - in this production I'm betting the critics will be hating everything and NOT just the music."

I have to agree. Saw the show last night and honestly hated it. I see pretty much everything and usually like most or find something to enjoy. There was NOTHING I like

Hands on a Hardbody previews thread
 Feb 28 2013, 12:05:10 AM
Really liked the music and the staging ... the book might need some work. Didn't really care for the 'dealership is in trouble' subplot. But nonetheless a good show!
Cinderella w/ Laura Osnes?
 Oct 5 2012, 09:38:52 PM
Saw the reading today -- was fantastic!! The cast was spectacular! Book was wonderful! Can't wait!
Steel Magnolias as a play
 Aug 18 2012, 11:33:47 PM
My NJ theatre group (non Eq) was going to do it in the fall and our license was pulled because of a 'possible' NY production. Haven't heard anything else. The script is great. If you like the movie, I think you'll like the play even more.
Nederlander Organization ..The Reasons I Despise Them
 Jul 15 2012, 11:16:31 PM
That's crazy! Jujamcyn responded to me/others immediately via Social Media. They make customers feel like they mean something. Sorry to hear about Nederlander. I feel like it's only good business to address your patrons. Especially those, like yourself, who only get to travel in to see a show once in a while. Those of us who live in the city take that for granted sometimes.
Bring It On - House Management
 Jul 15 2012, 10:57:20 PM
Mr. Goldberg & Jujamcyn,

Thank you for acknowledging me and my issue. Your staff was very comforting that night and you have made up for my issue. I believe a friend has already emailed. I appreciate you taking the time to rectify the situation and listen to your customers.

I'm still and will always be a CRAZY Broadway fan.

Thanks again.

Jul 14 2012, 12:59:54 PM
Thanks ghostlight2, you're right. I'm usually not a complainer, and I don't usually post (just read) these forums. I guess it was the fact that I brought people with me that threw me over the edge. OOPS - chalk it up to instant childish immaturity! I should have had a drink at the bar at intermission - would have relaxed me!
But, as I said - the staff was very polite. :)

Jul 14 2012, 11:22:43 AM
Wasn't comped. I guess I was just so 'angry' that it got the best of me. I need to learn to sleep on these kinds of things. In a much better place this morning. I will say the staff was nice when I chatted with them. So, this was probably just a one-time mistake.
 Jul 14 2012, 11:00:45 AM
I talked to the house manager at intermission. She was very nice and apologetic. She explained that the house opened late because the cast was rehearsing stunts for the show. Which I understand - the stunts are crazy. She said they started the show before it was 'all clear' outside. I was in the MEZZ and there were at least 50+ people not seated at my door alone. Then after we were seated people had to move around because of the 'sit anywhere' policy. I will say that I have met Jordan Rot
 Jul 13 2012, 11:48:28 PM
Let me start by saying that I am a crazy Broadway fan. I see, on average, 4-5 shows per month. I work in theatre as well. Needless to say I am so disappointed at Bring It On The Musical and the house management. I picked up my tickets at 7:15 and got on line. The doors opened at 7:40 for a SOLD OUT audience. Finally got in at 8:15 and not only did the show start BUT they wouldn't seat me until the first number was over. Than they had put people in our seats and told us to just sit wherever. R
Leap of Faith closing on Sunday?
 May 8 2012, 04:03:39 PM
The nom went to LOF because it was still running. I'm sure it would have went to Lysistrata if it didn't close. Of course, that's my opinion, since I loved LJ.
Lysistrata Jones digital release
 May 8 2012, 03:58:28 PM
It was a front-runner for the Tony's for a while. I think Leap of Faith was nominated to increase sales of the show, otherwise Lysistrata would have got that spot.
LEAP OF FAITH to Close on Broadway Sunday, May 13
 May 8 2012, 03:56:51 PM
Unless they put $ aside for the Tony performance, I don't expect them to perform at the Tony's. Very expensive.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You