News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jiff

jiff Profile Photo
Member Name: jiff
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Another New Broadway-Aimed Project with Chenoweth... Any Guesses?  Jan 20 2023, 05:08:14 PM

One color blind casting I would love to see, is Kristen Chenoweth as Eartha Kitt. 

Which recording artists would you like to come to broadway?  Oct 12 2017, 08:27:05 PM

Miley Cyrus as Ethel Merman.

"Wherever we go, whatever we do..."

RIP Ron Glass  Dec 5 2016, 03:42:21 PM

I loved him also when he appeared in an episode of All in The Family, as a sort of streetwise thug (at least, according to Archie's version). In one scene, he says to Archie, "You know man, you irritate me." 

People Are Dressing Like Slobs: Elizabeth Vincentelli  Aug 3 2016, 09:40:21 AM

I hate to say this, but for people who care about what people wear, you can forget it. People generally prefer dressing down. At church, if a group sing, dressed nicely, about 10 minutes after they sing, most of them have changed into jeans, and sloppy "what would Jesus do" T shirts.  

Worst song ever written for a musical  Jun 2 2016, 07:24:53 PM

Angel of Music

from Phantom of the Opera

But since I was hurt once when someone said they hated "Do What You Gotta Do" by Nina Simone-a song I thought she sang with such emotion and sensitivity, I have to say I respect others who find the song Angel of Music beautiful.

Black Actors In WHite Roles & Vice Versa  May 18 2016, 09:12:42 AM

If a person can capture the essence of a character, I don't care what color she is, let her do it.  I've always wanted to see a black male play the governess role in a version of Henry James The Turn of The Screw. Maybe John Legend? 

What book/movie would make a great musical?  Apr 25 2016, 09:24:48 AM

I would like to see a love story about The Consolers, this black couple who sang gospel music in the 60's thru the 90's...etc.  There was such old time charm in their music. 

New theater talk episode discussing al Pacino and Bruce Willis not remember lines  Jan 13 2016, 08:38:29 AM

Ok, his name is Robert Guillaume. (I had to look it up, after being too lazy to do it yesterday.) 

New theater talk episode discussing al Pacino and Bruce Willis not remember lines  Jan 12 2016, 09:08:08 AM

I once played the role of Hoke in "Driving Miss Diasy." My advice for anyone in a play is you must go over your lines once a day during the run of the play. Let's say you've learned your lines, and you only have weekend performances, you must go over your lines once even on the days you are not doing the play. If you say "Oh heck I've learned my part, I can take it easy Mon thru Friday, when you get on stage Saturday night, you're going to drop li

Sunset Boulevard - Movie Dream Cast  Oct 14 2015, 09:33:34 AM

I may have put this on a similar thread in the past, but anyway:

Diana Ross as Nora

Nick Cannon as Joe (the reason I say Nick is that a sort of vulnerable younger guy is needed for this role)

what show would you like to see on broadway and never will happen!  Sep 29 2015, 12:33:04 AM

"Clair," a musical written by Gilbert O Sullivan (the guy who did "Alone Again Naturally.") 

Uncle Ray has to be played by a young nerdy person in his teens. Ray's attraction to Clair would be a little weird if he was older.  

BROADWAY THINGS: Wherein we state our opinions  Sep 15 2015, 09:31:10 AM

The children in the recent telecast of The Sound of Music (the one with Carrie Underwood) should have won a best ensemble award or something. 

No matter how well written, Hamlet's dilemma is not all that interesting.  

Musicals Most Love But You Don't  Sep 10 2015, 09:13:42 AM

I don't understand how anyone can dislike Sondheim. The musical "Company" is one of the best shows ever, with a terrific plot. 

I have tried a number of times to watch"Gigi." i just can't get into it. Maybe if I saw it on Broadway. I usually like Lerner and Lowes stuff. 

BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions  Mar 27 2015, 06:11:40 PM
If it's true what I heard on the internet (Salon) that Todd Bridges (Different Strokes) is being considered to play Sweeney Todd, I think it is a great idea. The guy on the radio didn't think it was so great though.
Jukebox Musicals?  Feb 3 2015, 09:15:36 PM
Whenever I hear Barbara Streisand ask at the beginning of one of her songs "What are you doing the rest of your life?" It reminds me of women like Nancy Wilson, Shirley Bassey., Cleo Lane...etc There was a sort of yearning in the glamorous type women that these women captured in their music. Women who made candle light dinners, wore beautiful dresses, and asked the men in their lives "What are you doing the rest of your life?" Another song captures this time period: "The Days of Wine and Roses
Favorite Show tunes  Dec 11 2014, 10:02:37 PM
There is the song "My Favorite Things," then there's everything else. Most of the things she mentions are not my favorite things, but the song never fails to up lift.
In the Film Adaptation in Your Mind. . .  Dec 2 2014, 02:10:07 PM
I would love to cast Diana Ross and John Legend in Sunset Boulevard.
The 16 Greatest American Musicals in the Golden Age, according to the Library of America  Nov 16 2014, 09:47:53 PM
Carousel is well written. A decidedly underrated play.
A little suggestion for Tammy Faye Musical  Nov 10 2014, 12:01:21 PM
There is a christian artist by the name of "Evie." She did a song called "Mirror" (it can be found on you tube, iTunes, Amazon...etc. This song gives an example of what modern female Christians might have sounded like during the 70's, 80's...etc. I'm going to be bold and suggest someone get the rights to "Mirror" and let that be Tammy's first song in the musical. That is just my humble opinion though. And please have some fun songs.
re: Your Worst Musical Ideas  Aug 17 2014, 11:24:48 PM
Barney Fife and Drum!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You