News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Elf Who Knits

Member Name: The Elf Who Knits
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Does Miss Saigon's poor showing on Broadway mean no future film?
 Aug 11 2017, 10:59:08 AM

@Lot666 Of course but Les Mis is safely set in The Olden Days, and Vietnam is a much more immediate cultural touchstone/sore point for an American audience. I would desperately love a Miss Saigon movie and hope it does happen but like I say I think a big studio could get twitchy at the thought of a "Vietnam War musical movie", and mistakenly think that that taking as much singing out as possible will improve it. 

Does Miss Saigon's poor showing on Broadway mean no future film?
 Aug 11 2017, 08:17:20 AM

I hope I'm wrong about this but I suspect a through sung musical about the Vietnam War will be just too frightening a prospect for a studio. They will assume an audience won't be remotely interested in it, or won't get it, or will hate it on the basis that a Vietnam movie where everyone's singing is trivialising or disrespecting the war. 

If a script gets written where it's actually through sung as per the libretto, and a director wants to do it that

Hal Prince to revive original Evita in Australia
 Aug 11 2017, 08:02:32 AM

Yep Callum Francis as Lola and the Lola understudy I think was imported from the US. Like someone else said we tend to have a LOT of imports in our professional musicals. There was a lot of tension over our Elders Price and Cunningham in Book of Mormon being imports when singing dancing white boys aren't exactly in short supply here. 

Our theatre seems to be like our films and TV sometimes, the same dozen or so actors appearing over and over and over. Like producers are afraid

Hal Prince to revive original Evita in Australia
 Aug 11 2017, 01:24:25 AM

If she's not still doing Beautiful by then and they do go with an Australian, I could see Esther Hannaford maybe being cast.

Great Comet - Tickets Past Closing Date?
 Aug 9 2017, 09:06:25 PM

@ reginula and any other non-US ticket buyers

I'm Australian and am coming to New York later this year to see a bunch of shows, one of which was Great Comet. Telecharge was happy to deal with my request for a refund via email, I didn't have to make a phone call.

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
 Aug 9 2017, 01:28:39 AM

Maybe something to do with a film adaptation? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You