News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Starringsky

Starringsky Profile Photo
Member Name: Starringsky
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Open Jar Institute
 Feb 28 2012, 12:24:07 AM
Dramamama611,

I want you to be aware that many of us have worked VERY hard to get to Open Jar because our "mummy and daddy" do not have that kind of money, yet it is because we are so passionate about what we do that such an awesome opportunity like Open Jar is not something that could have easily been let go.

I come from a low-income family of six children, but personally fundraised my trip to Open Jar in full, plane ticket included, selling coffee door to door and in my commu

Open Jar Institute
 Feb 27 2012, 05:07:24 PM
We, who have participated in the Open Jar Institute together, have become like a family, and we do not appreciate having our family spoken badly of, so do expect many more to also comment when they hear of such things being said.

I too was an Open Jar participant this past summer and it was one of THE BEST opportunities that I have ever had the chance to experience! I would not be taking the time to write this post if I did not feel as strongly as I do about the program. At Open Jar we had the opportunity to work with current Broadway performers in the triple threat categories, watch a Broadway performance each night, eat at some of the best spots in NYC, expand our professional network, and so much more! I'm very sorry that you know so little about Open Jar, yet are so critical of the program's legitimacy. Obviously you are ignorant of what an honor it really is to be accepted into the Open Jar Institute. This program is no joke- you really are singing, acting, and dancing ALL DAY, and learning from the people who know Broadway best: including Susan Stroman(who you appear to be a fan of), John Tartaglia, John Kander, Beth Leavel, Will Swenson, Stacia Fernandez, and our director Jeff Whiting just to name a few, as well as Top Casting Directors like Merri Sugarman and Bob Cline!
I understand that there are a lot of programs out there that really are scams but I assure anyone reading this that Open Jar is NOT one of those! This is a legitimate professional learning experience and if you are looking to grow as a performing artist in the Broadway world, I definitely recommend auditioning and applying for the Open Jar Institute. You WILL get your moneys worth, and probably more than that, taking away more than you will know until you have had the opportunity to participate.

Side note, please do not make such negative comments if you are not sure of the validity of the information that you may be polluting people's minds with. You could be holding them back from an opportunity that will change their life!

Here is a link to some pictures from our actual showcase this past summer, I also suggest visiting the Open Jar Website:
http://www.openjarproductions.com/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You